IGNORED

Its Rubber Chicken Time Again!!!

OoPEZoO

Shawn,

Bring me a beer. Have yet to delight my taste buds with your hom brew after nearly 10 years of missed opportunities!

I have 2 batches available right now. I have a Wee Heavy (Scotch ale) at about 8% in the bottle and a really good Hefe than mimicks the traditional Wienstephen bananna clove accents of all the great Deutchland Hefe's. What's your preference? I will set 2 bottles aside of whatever you choose. And no, I can't guarentee this for anyone else. ;)

Shawn

How about one of each! Can't wait for the taste test :clap:

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn,

Bring me a beer. Have yet to delight my taste buds with your hom brew after nearly 10 years of missed opportunities!

I have 2 batches available right now. I have a Wee Heavy (Scotch ale) at about 8% in the bottle and a really good Hefe than mimicks the traditional Wienstephen bananna clove accents of all the great Deutchland Hefe's. What's your preference? I will set 2 bottles aside of whatever you choose. And no, I can't guarentee this for anyone else. ;)

Shawn

How about one of each! Can't wait for the taste test :clap:

Done!

Details for this year are as follows.

When: Thursday, June 7th - Sunday, June 10th 2012

Where: Snowshoe Mountain Resort Snowshoe, WV

For reservations, please call the resort at 1-877-441-4386

The group reservation name is under "Rubber Chicken Rendezvous"

Due to the vast lodging options available at Snowshoe, we once again decided to take advantage and make a little of everything available. Rates are as follows

The Inn at Snowshoe

Unit Descriptions: The Inn at Snowshoe offers standard hotel, one bedroom, and two bedroom units located at the base of Snowshoe Mountain. The Inn at Snowshoe is six miles from the slopes and Village at Snowshoe. This property has been a favorite of skiers for decades. It offers all the amenities you need in one location at very reasonable prices. The Inn is a full service hotel with a host of amenities including: Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi and Exercise Room, Arcade, Restaurant and Bar, Full Service Front Desk and Gift Shop.

Please note: Standard rooms at the Inn at Snowshoe are non-cooking rooms. All standard rooms and the lobby are non-smoking. Food is available at the Inn at Snowshoe at Brandi's Restaurant as well as at Brandi's Bar. **Complimentary breakfast** is also included for rooms at the Inn. Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby

All rooms have 2 double beds and are charged as follows

SINGLE occupancy $64.00 per night

DOUBLE occupancy $64.00 per night

TRIPLE occupancy $70.50 per night

QUAD occupancy $77.00 per night

InnAtSnowshoe.jpg

The Rimfire Lodge *W/ underground parking*

Unit Types: Studio (sleeps 2 - 4), one bedroom condos (sleep 2 - 4)

Unit Descriptions: Studio and one bedroom units located in the heart of Snowshoe's Village. Units offer spectacular western vistas and village plaza views. Adjacent to variety of restaurants and shops. All units reserved have full kitchens; Internet connections and full daily maid service.

Complex Features: Outdoor hot tubs, gas fireplaces, exercise room, sauna, vending and laundry facilities, underground parking and air conditioning.

Studio $135.00 per night

One Bedroom $149.00 per night

Rimfire_LivingRoom.jpg

Expedition Station

Unit Types: Junior Studios (sleeps 2 - 4)

Unit Descriptions: Expedition Station's contemporary styling offers a completely new lodging alternative for guest at Snowshoe. Wired Internet access is available. All units are air conditioned, and are equipped with an efficiency kitchens.

Junior Studio $114.00 per night

ExpeditionStation_Bedroom1.jpg

*Applicable West Virginia sales tax of 6% and county "Lets screw the tourists" lodging tax (also 6%) will be added to the costs listed above.

**GUESTS MAY CHECK IN ANYTIME AFTER 9:00AM (DAY OF ARRIVAL) BUT OCCUPANCY OF ROOMS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED UNTIL 5:00PM. CHECK OUT IS AT 11:00AM.

***Cancellations can be made up till 48 hours before your arrival date. Anything later than that will cost you one nights lodging cost.

Also, regardless of which rooms you decide on, you have full access to the whole resort. Plus our room rates are good for +/- 3 days in either direction from our planned dates, so feel free to take advantage to extent your stay or show up early. There is a ton of stuff to see and do around the resort and surrounding area.

Once again, this is being billed as an open ended event with little to no structure and hopefully enough options to accommodate everyone. Come and go as you please, socialize, be a hermit, ride, don't ride, watch the wildlife, dodge the wildlife, go hiking, its totally up to you. We had a nice turn out for the last three events, and hope to keep that going. Snowshoe took excellent care of us last year and we can't wait to be back this year. If you have specific questions........please feel free to contact Craig and Jim. :rofl:

Plus our room rates are good for +/- 3 days in either direction from our planned dates, so feel free to take advantage to extent your stay or show up early. There is a ton of stuff to see and do around the resort and surrounding area.

Thank you Keith. Looking forward to this.

Just made my reservation at the Inn for Fri & Sat nights. Wanted to come in on Thur night but, as of today, could not confirm a reservation for that night. :(

Very nice woman helping me said she would find out why the rooms are blocked prior to our event and get back to me.

Plus our room rates are good for +/- 3 days in either direction from our planned dates, so feel free to take advantage to extent your stay or show up early. There is a ton of stuff to see and do around the resort and surrounding area.

Thank you Keith. Looking forward to this.

Just made my reservation at the Inn for Fri & Sat nights. Wanted to come in on Thur night but, as of today, could not confirm a reservation for that night. :(

Very nice woman helping me said she would find out why the rooms are blocked prior to our event and get back to me.

Hmm...thats not right. Thank you for letting us know. I'll notify the planning department and see what I can dig up. :grin:

As an FYI for everyone.......I've had a few people ask, so I thought I would just throw it out there. The majority of people last year stayed at the Inn. We had a few (maybe one or two couples) that stayed on top of the hill. The Inn is a typical hotel that is situated at the base of the mountain. There is a village built at the top of the mountain, and the more expensive condos are placed throughout the village. Both the Inn and the Condos are very nice and we just wanted to give people the option of a "cheap" motorcycle weekend, but also the potential for maybe dragging the whole family along for an extended vacation.

That being said......its hard to beat a nice room for under $70 a night W/ included breakfast :grin:

It was there........do you remember breakfast THIS morning?

Ouch! That hurts. I remember both breakfasts this morning on my way back from Tenn.

About the rooms: Seems the Inn at Snowshoe is closed until Friday,June 8th. The nice girl I talked with is looking into how the group reservation salesman is going to deal with those of us arriving on Thursday the 7th. She said she'd get back to me by in two days. Maybe a better rate for a first night stay at the top of the hill. Or maybe just some storage Pods with blankets in the parking lot at the bottom of the hill.

-----

Just cause I like ya Bob :)

I would also like to know this, especially considering our contract specifically calls out the dates from June 7th - 10th. We'll investigate and hopefully have an answer shortly.

Gentlemen -

I'm on it. I'm placing a call to my contact at Showshoe in the morning to determine what is going on with the Inn.

I'll get back to you as soon as I hear what is going on and the solution.

Sorry for the mixup. The first beer with be on Keith because of this! :clap:

Jim

Lone_RT_rider
That being said......its hard to beat a nice room for under $70 a night W/ included breakfast :grin:

There's breakfast? But Quinn said........ :rofl:

Lone_RT_rider
Sorry for the mixup. The first beer with be on Keith because of this! :clap:

Yeah, cause we all know that your not giving up any alchohol. :grin:

Ladies & Gentlemen -

I'm working with Snowshoe on the Thursday night reservation issue.

It would be helpful if I had an idea of how many people are thinking about staying Thursday night. I know of

Bob

Craig

Jim

Please chime in if you are planning on coming Thursday night.

Thanks!

Jim

Ladies & Gentlemen -

For those thinking about spending Thursday night at the Inn, the issue of the Inn not taking reservations for that evening has been resolved!

please, hold all applause.... beers are much more preferred... :grin:

Please wait until noon on Monday (2/27) to make your reservations. By then, the reservation staff should be informed and everyone will be ready to take our reservations for Thursday evening.

One item to be aware of: you will not be able to get into the Inn until 3pm on Thursday. If this is going to present a problem, please let me know. (If you get there early, ride up to the village on top of the mountain and look around)

Thank you for your patience and we all look forward to seeing you in June!

Jim

IN!

Booked as of Thurs. at the Inn.

RTJim - I'll bring the Clamato Juice.

May need to convoy with someone. You folks down there drive on the left or right side of the road?

My calendar looks open...I have no excuse...so it looks like I'm IN unless something unforeseen happens. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Gland you are planning on coming. Particularly since I can't get to HeleN-Back this year!

Ken, that's great! But why is Bob calling you a gland?

I must stop that nasty rumor about my Glands...I'm sure it was subconscious, but they do act up just before a gathering like this :dopeslap:

Lone_RT_rider
My calendar looks open...I have no excuse...so it looks like I'm IN unless something unforeseen happens. :thumbsup:

You bringing the bottle I gave you recently. :)

Shawn

You bringing the bottle I gave you recently. :)

Shawn

I could...but it's empty :P

Things may put me in the Car for this weekend, but I think I will be there either way....

Hope to see you there!

This sounds like possibly a very interesting trip. :Cool:

Well, we certainly have fun! Sounds like a really great crowd building up this year.

I'm still getting the runaround about Thursday checkin. Now I'm waiting until next week when someone named Steve gets back.

----

Quinn -

Do you know who you talked to? I'll be on the phone with Snowshoe first thing in the morning for you. They should be talking to Erica, not Steve.

As soon as I get an update, I'll post here what is going on.

Thanks for the heads up....

Jim

Thursday Night Reservations Update

I called and talked to the reservation people. Everything is good for us having Thursday rooms, but the technical guy is out of the office this week and they need him to update the computer to accept Thursday reservations.

They apologize and have a list of people to return calls to once the system is fixed, which they anticipate to be Tuesday (3/6).

Sorry for the delay -

Jim

Damn Ken, if you and Shawn both show up that means I have to dig out my Ride Smart stuff and study. I don't want to embarrass myself (any more than usual). :dopeslap:

Lone_RT_rider

Damn Ken, if you and Shawn both show up that means I have to dig out my Ride Smart stuff and study. I don't want to embarrass myself (any more than usual). :dopeslap:

Don't worry Albert, I am pretty sure I would never be able to see your riding style with you that far back in my rear view mirror. :grin:

Shawn

Don't worry Albert, I am pretty sure I would never be able to see your riding style with you that far back in my rear view mirror. :grin:

Shawn

Ouch! :rofl:

Shawn

Ouch! :rofl:

Well, you can see that Shawn is the cruel one of the two of us. :rofl:

I just tell whomever that inquires about riding that I'm doing around 400 miles and some of it may be dirt, and I don't plan to turn around. If they still want to go, at least I warned them. :dopeslap:

Archived