IGNORED

Its Rubber Chicken Time Again!!!

OoPEZoO

4 years and counting. We (TyTass, RT_Jim, and I) would like to bring you the RCR (Rubber Chicken Rendezvous) IV. While this really has nothing to do with rubber chickens, it does have a lot to do with meeting up with old and new friends for some great riding.........preferably somewhere in the higher elevations of the Mid-Atlantic as an attempt to beat the heat. Dates for this year are as follows.

When: Thursday, June 7th - Sunday, June 10th 2012

Where: Snowshoe Mountain Resort Snowshoe, WV

We will follow up shortly with the lodging details, but wanted to get the dates out there so people can plan accordingly. Hope to see you there.

I also have it marked in the calendar, along with 2 other events that are going on then. Oh, what to do? I so much want to go but never made it before. Perhaps this will be the year!

Glenn - We're glad you two enjoyed it. Hope you guys come back this year.

BOB & Enfoman - hope you guys can make it, too.

Quinn and Alan - Wouldn't be the same without you guys!

Quinn - Jim & I usually do a scouting trip in May (just a Fri-Sun trip).

If the stars line up.

Same here. Work is a'changing although should be for the better. I'm hopeful because I want to hit the SX race the following weekend at Bud's Creek in MD.

if work aligns I am there. Whip if you come you will get to see/ride the tuono. I will ride that up there.

Also whip if you trailer, your welcome to trailer to atlanta and leave at my place and if you ride up, then also stop at my place one night if you need it.

if work aligns I am there. Whip if you come you will get to see/ride the tuono. I will ride that up there.

Also whip if you trailer, your welcome to trailer to atlanta and leave at my place and if you ride up, then also stop at my place one night if you need it.

Thanks

We shall see, but there won't be any trailer, lawn chairs, fold up tables or giant coolers full of beer. Just me and whatever will fit on the bike.

:grin:

Well I will be on break for a few weeks, and we already planned a 7 day ride up the BRP around that time frame..........so maybe this might just work out. We would end up arriving Friday if so.

Any info on group rates?

Gosh darn it ... the dates don't work for me AGAIN this year :-(

Sorry, you will have to take that up with the planning commission. I just work here :rofl:

For the record, there will NOT be another bike sacrificed by me. One was enough. :dopeslap:

But I will be looking forward to riding some great roads and hanging out with all my friends again!

Jim

For the record, there will NOT be another bike sacrificed by me. One was enough. :dopeslap:

But I will be looking forward to riding some great roads and hanging out with all my friends again!

Jim

Yeah but watch out, Jim, Keith is throwing us under the bus before we even get there!

Sorry, you will have to take that up with the planning commission. I just work here :rofl:

4 years and counting. We (TyTass, RT_Jim, and Keith) would like to bring you the RCR (Rubber Chicken Rendezvous) IV.

Thanks guys for organizing this again this year! I plan on attending.

Count us in for Saturday arrival. Not sure want to subject my wife to a 600 mile day, all slab to get there on Friday. We will stop halfway and enjoy the back roads. I assume there will be a dinner gathering of some sorts on Saturday.

It will be good to see some old friends and meet new ones.

Count us in for Saturday arrival. Not sure want to subject my wife to a 600 mile day, all slab to get there on Friday. We will stop halfway and enjoy the back roads. I assume there will be a dinner gathering of some sorts on Saturday.

It will be good to see some old friends and meet new ones.

Glad you guys can make it!

There will be some sort of gathering on Saturday, though it may well be rather informal like last year (i.e., us just showing up at the restaurant at the same time and ordering off the menu), but we'll see what can be arranged.

Great dates, I'm in! Wouldn't miss one of these.
You aren't allowed to miss, Dave ... You're our consistent long-distance attendee!

That's right Dave. And who else could we spend hours watching (i.e. drinking beer and advising) in the parking lot while they dismantle interesting parts of their bike (like saddlebags). :grin::wave:

I looked into a one night accommodation fo Saturday but the web site said none are available.

Are you still working on a block of rooms Keith?

Everything is set. The rooms have been blocked off for months. I just haven't had the time to sit down and write up the details. I'll see if I can manage to get it posted up this weekend.

Keith:

Four of us were last minute participants last year and it turned out to be one of our best weekends. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks to you guys for putting it on.

Well that explains it then. Thanks Keith. I will keep an eye out for your post. After all, I need something fun and exciting to think about while over here. :grin:

Keith:

Four of us were last minute participants last year and it turned out to be one of our best weekends. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks to you guys for putting it on.

I pulled in to the hotel right after the four of you. As I recall, one of you had a GPS that took you on a little adventure on the way there.

Hope to see you again, as I agree it was a good weekend with some great riding.

Jim has promised to keep the tires on the pavement this time, that might help...

Nice n Easy Rider

Well, since I'm going to miss the inaugural "To HeleN Back" I'm definitely putting this event on my calendar! :thumbsup:

Lone_RT_rider

Dang, Shannon, you're more probably in than I've ever been. :rofl:

No, she has a loooooong way to go to keep up with you. :grin:

Oh.... by the way, for the first time ever....

IN!

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn,

Bring me a beer. Have yet to delight my taste buds with your hom brew after nearly 10 years of missed opportunities!

I have 2 batches available right now. I have a Wee Heavy (Scotch ale) at about 8% in the bottle and a really good Hefe than mimicks the traditional Wienstephen bananna clove accents of all the great Deutchland Hefe's. What's your preference? I will set 2 bottles aside of whatever you choose. And no, I can't guarentee this for anyone else. ;)

Shawn

Archived