IGNORED

UnRally XI Registration and Hotel Announcement

beemerboy

Damn it......I guess this means an actual commitment........

Hey, wait a minute, you're married so what's with this fear of commitment??!!

Just kidding. I'm glad to hear that you pulled the trigger and look forward to seeing you and the chicken! :grin:

No fear, just an incredible dislike. An example of my horrible logic.......I just paid $45 for registration and a T-shirt. Now I am forced to ride 3600 miles round trip (regardless of what that costs) to make sure I get my $45 worth :grin:

Very much looking forward to being back in Colorado.

Availability at The Gateway Inn is getting low, as of this morning they have 2 non-smoking rooms with 2 double beds left so please be advised that the selection is limited.

On a side note I'd like to clarify that the room rate BMWST.com was offered is low considering the time of year and the overall attractiveness of the establishment. When you add in the hotel's location to other services and it's general layout

I know that some attempted to register directly and found what they thought was a lower rate than the UnRally rate but was in fact The Gateway's WINTER rates. That was an error made by the owner and once it was brought to her attention she corrected the inaccuracy.

Trust me on this; in late July you will not find a nicer hotel in Salida for the price!

Hope to see you there!

Anyone noticed the sudden "surge" in long-term board members signing up the last week or so? Larry & Louise, RevRay, Arizona Al, Laney & Dennis.

It will be nice to catch up, haven't been to a board event since the 2010 UnRally.

Right now my plan is to spend a week getting to Colorado picking up lots of NP stamps along the way. Pick up Linda at the Denver airport and arrive in Salida on Monday.

Mike Cassidy

Joining everyone for my first UN. I'll be there with my wife Brenda. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks Beemerboy for the invite and setting things up.

beemerboy

Thanks, John. I look forward to seeing you and Brenda at the Un!

• 2 weeks later...
Best wishes to all for a safe journey to the Un!

Thanks, & thanks for all your hard work! :thumbsup:

Pat

markgoodrich

Was unable to commit until today. I'll be there, assuming I can get the AC fixed on the RT in time. Dunno about SWMBO yet. Whee.

... I'll be the guy looking in the window at dinner , cold, friendless, sad.

Who are you and what did you do to Tank. [/quote

Tank here RevRay, and the Boss just mere hours ago gave the green light to attend this Unrally...... I am stoked

Dibs on Tank's place at the window..won't know 'till the last minute.

Someone save me a 'T'

MB>

Mark, girlfriend and I are leaving Austin and headed to the Un early Monday 7/23 morning. We'll try to beat rush hour and avoid most blue roads. I am flexible but was thinking about getting to Las Vegas, NM and heading through Taos and north into Salida.

Let me know if you're interested.

Jack Herbst

I'm thinkin maybe a swing back to Salida after the MOA National. (Long way back to Tucson)

Planning Top Of The Rockies in Paonia, Then National in Sedalia and maybe back to Salida then Home.

Is it legal to attend three Rallys in a row? Probably a little rough on the marriage. Oh well, at 72 I want to get as many in as I can while I can. Nuff Said!

Jack

Is there a deadline for registering?

We're trying to figure out if we can do it.

Is there a deadline for registering?

We're trying to figure out if we can do it.

Yes, registration ended April 30. There were several advance warning posts about the deadline.

I'm thinkin maybe a swing back to Salida after the MOA National. (Long way back to Tucson)

Planning Top Of The Rockies in Paonia, Then National in Sedalia and maybe back to Salida then Home.

Is it legal to attend three Rallys in a row? Probably a little rough on the marriage. Oh well, at 72 I want to get as many in as I can while I can. Nuff Said!

Jack

No problemo on 3 in a row. They are letting Raaaaaaann join aren't they?

Jack Herbst

May take the long way home from the MOA National for the RA. I will not know for sure until after the MOA National. This will be my third rally on the same trip and will have to take a reading and see if I am up to it. Will register on arrival.

Jack

Any chance of a late registration? I planned on attending, just had not gotten around to registrating, then I discovered that registration had closed, guess I'm a day late and a dollar short! In any case, I'll probably just show up, even if I can't register.

Thanks Steve

Any chance of a late registration? I planned on attending, just had not gotten around to registrating, then I discovered that registration had closed, guess I'm a day late and a dollar short! In any case, I'll probably just show up, even if I can't register.

Thanks Steve

Call the hotel and make your reservation. If they are full call another hotel.

I promise you will have fun.

L

Reservation is made, thanks everyone for your help! I'll try to do better next year and make reservations early!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Steve

Thanks Steve

L

Made my hotel registration. What's next? Show up at registration at the hotel?

Thanks Steve

L

Made my hotel registration. What's next? Show up at registration at the hotel?

Check your PM, biggy.

To everyone else that's been sitting on the fence.....that's it. No more registrations, period. That don't mean you can't attend it just means that, well, you waited too long. It also means no ice cream social, no din din, no decal, no secret decoder ring, and no introduction to the BMWST secret handshake until next year's UnRally when, hopefully, you will have registered before the closing date. :P

Peter, just get a room near by and I will loan you my decoder ring :wave: Ride with your friends. Linda and I will be there in the car again like in Nevada. Would like to see you 2 again as we are so far from each other.

To everyone else that's been sitting on the fence.....that's it. No more registrations, period. That don't mean you can't attend it just means that, well, you waited too long. It also means no ice cream social, no din din, no decal, no secret decoder ring, and no introduction to the BMWST secret handshake until next year's UnRally when, hopefully, you will have registered before the closing date. :P

Are we still calling this BMWST gathering the "UnRally"? :rofl:

Peter, just get a room near by and I will loan you my decoder ring.....

Your decoder ring has been deactivated.

Are we still calling this BMWST gathering the "UnRally"? :rofl:

Both of you are now on double secret probation.

May I suggest the UnCommittee order a few extra T Shirts for those that may arrive without registration completed, and who don't care to engage in secret handshakes or decoder ring exercises, yet want to feel loved by the group none the less... :wave:

With a proper donation, of course. :grin:

MB>

May I suggest the UnCommittee order a few extra T Shirts for those that may arrive without registration completed,

You going to pay for them?

May I suggest the UnCommittee order a few extra T Shirts for those that may arrive without registration completed,

Um, yes. You want I should pay in advance, that's ok also.

MB>

MB>

I'll leave it to Randy, but the problem is what sizes and variations do you pre-order? There are 18 variations I think.

MB>

For the record my previous comments have been made to protect the many folks who registered and paid and to inform non-registerants who are planning to attend there are limitations to their participation in certain events. In a previous post in this thread one member openly extended an invitation to anyone who wants to attend. Well, I want to be welcoming too but we have to cut off registration and use the funds to order certain time sensitive items and services.

As for the T-shirts it has been my understanding that we sometimes have extras available for purchase at the rally but can't guarantee you'll see your size and style (SS or LS) offered.

I think this thread is taking an ominous drift and I want to say some things for the record.

The UN Rally happens every year and there was ample discussion about the location, the scheduling of the event and the entire set-up before it was finally announced. The registration closing time was published and should not have been a surprise to anyone. The closing date and the reasons for having one were public knowledge.

The fees charged for attending the event are reasonable and go to purchase things that enhance the experience of those who register, pay and attend. Attending, as a non-paying player and flaunting it is in poor taste.

For the record, I am not on any committee, I have no dog in this fight and I appreciate and applaud Randy and his group of volunteers for their time and dedication to setting this up.

For the record, I am not on any committee, I have no dog in this fight and I appreciate and applaud Randy and his group of volunteers for their time and dedication to setting this up.

Amen! :thumbsup:

Skip the "T" shirts, don't want to disjoint the UNFaithful, and I was just throwin' it out there. Hopz is right , and I should have stepped up earlier. But he's wrong about members of this board trying to stiff the committee.

Usually I can commit, and do on a regular basis to BMWST events, only this time I couldn't, and still can't.

I'll continue to assume the "window" status, but to be frank, the tone here is a bit unsettling. And has just about sealed the deal for me.

As per my plan, if I DO show up, the UnRally committee will get the entry fee as a donation, and I will expect nothing more in return.

End of story, now back to your "UN Announcement".

MB>

AdventurePoser

Well, I could not commit to being in Salida until today, so a big thanks anyway to the organizers of this event.

I will try for a reservation at one of the local hotels and just come by to hang out, if that's ok.

Steve in Glendora

The UN has always been very welcoming to all, remember the people that were helped at the first one? AFAIK all are welcome registered or not, but please remember that to do the few activities and pre-order the minimal goodies we have to know in advance how many people there will be. If you can't commit in time by all means turn up, no admission fee necessary, but please also accept that the planning will have been done without you. There are still no vendors, no field events, no numbered parking, no seating times in the cafeteria...

AdventurePoser
The UN has always been very welcoming to all, remember the people that were helped at the first one? AFAIK all are welcome registered or not, but please remember that to do the few activities and pre-order the minimal goodies we have to know in advance how many people there will be. If you can't commit in time by all means turn up, no admission fee necessary, but please also accept that the planning will have been done without you. There are still no vendors, no field events, no numbered parking, no seating times in the cafeteria...

Not a problem...I'll come to see the people I haven't seen in years. Don't need another tee shirt, ice cream is fattening, and reserved parking spots are over rated!

Hope to see you all there. It's been far too long. On the other hand, if the organizers don't want unregistered guests to drop by, well, I understand. I don't want to step on anyone's toes; if they'd rather not have unregistered guests, I can sit this one out! :clap:

Ride safely!

Steve in So Cal

......if the organizers don't want unregistered guests to drop by, well, I understand.

This is a misconception and I hope it just goes away.

No one has ever come to any UN who wasn't welcomed with open arms. :thumbsup:

IF the UN hotel is booked there are plenty of hotel rooms in town, so make some calls and get a room booked. It's a smallish town, so everyone will be within walking distance, if not a very short ride away. As a person who always plans to be there, even if circumstances prevent me at times, it is easy enough to make changes later.

All that matters is that everyone is safe...and that we don't get snow. :wave:

Upon further reflection it would appear that my earlier thoughts were not communicated carefully. I was trying to say that encouraging scofflaws and non-contributing attendees is not aimed at the betterment of the order.

I am certain that all those who attend will be welcomed... By myself and others. There are certainly times and circumstances where committing to attend is difficult and an unplanned attendance is better than not coming at all.

I am looking forward to seeing you all in July.

AdventurePoser

Thanks, Hopz. I sure didn't want to rock the boat either, but it seems that all is good, so I am looking forward to meeting old friends, and making some new ones!

BTW, the Day's Inn has a few rooms left at $79. Anyone who is currently looking for a room might call them up!

Best wishes,

Steve

Peter, just get a room near by and I will loan you my decoder ring :wave: Ride with your friends. Linda and I will be there in the car again like in Nevada. Would like to see you 2 again as we are so far from each other.

Hi Doug. We grabbed one of the cancellations, so we're cool. Jonathan Multhaup is even closer than you and we see him even less! :S

Archived