IGNORED

We all regret something...

elkroeger

After a good 10 years, I am still filled with regret: My bride and I were on a backpack trip along the Washington coast beaches. Lots of stuff washes in from Japan on those beaches. One thing I found was an empty Japanese (?) beer bottle. It was called "VIGOR" beer. I got a chuckle, then tossed it aside. It seemed so stereotypical: "vigor" beer. ha ha!

4 miles later we stopped for lunch. I picked up what looked like and Ajax scouring powder bottle. It was "VIM" brand cleaner! At the time it seemed so impossible - walk back and find the needle in the haystack vigor beer bottle... I will go to my grave, haunted by the lack of VIM and VIGOR on my knick-knack shelf. Ugh!

What do you regret?

I was stopped on my motorcycle at a lane closed road construction by a guy in an orange vest with baggy low riding pants and a baseball cap on sideways who way holding a SLOW sign and staring at me blankly. Didn't think to at least use my phone's camera to capture the moment.

------

I was stopped on my motorcycle at a lane closed road construction by a guy in an orange vest with baggy low riding pants and a baseball cap on sideways who way holding a SLOW sign and staring at me blankly. Didn't think to at least use my phone's camera to capture the moment.

------

We already have plenty of pictures of Whip...

------

We already have plenty of pictures of Whip...

The first name on my list for 2012....

selling my 1995 GSPD Classic.

Ha, I regret not buying a slightly used 1995 GSPD a few years back when I had the chance!

Pat

Selling my 1968 Triumph 650 Bonneville in 1970 so I could go to grad school. Loved that bike. I'd never ridden before and just walked into the bike shop and rode it home. Guess I'm luck to be alive.

Years ago, a very dear friend who had moved to Montana asked me to come out and do some fly fishing with him. I didn't get around to it and 3 months later he died of a heart attack while at work. I have kicked myself about it ever since and never forgotten my old friend Eric Scott.

Years ago, I talked to my Dad and should have made the 500 mile trip to see him even tho he said that he was "doing ok". 4 nights later he died at 76. I never got to say goodbye. Sheesh what a dork I am. I could go on and on but why? I feel badly enuf as it is.

There used to be passenger rail service from North Vancouver to Prince George, BC. I let the wife convince me that we couldn't afford the trip. Next time I checked, the service was cancelled. I missed a spectacular opportunity, and the money wasn't really that big a deal.

I have some real regrets too, but I don't think the OP wanted to read about those.

When my wife was in her 20s, she took off on her own and backpacked around the world for 18 months. She met hundreds of people from all over the world, saw nearly every country in Europe, many in the Middle East, and many in Africa as well. She has enough pictures to fill a bookshelf and enough stories to entertain me forever without repeating any of them twice. Anyway, while she was doing this, I was racking up debt going to school, working, and paying my mortgage. I never "knew" you could just "take off" like that. Guess who had more life experiences, and which one of us has regrets?

-MKL

About 25 years ago, I had an opportunity to invest in an equity share in a little program call MacInTax. Today it is known as TurboTax and is part of Intuit. I have no idea what that investment would be worth today. A financial reporter for the NYTimes investigated once as part of a story, but couldn't get the numbers from Intuit. I don't actually regret it, it is just amusing. Life is too short to spend time regretting things.

"Life is too short to spend time regretting things."

Corect! Repeat: Every day is the first day of the rest of your life...

"Life is too short to spend time regretting things."

Corect! Repeat: Every day is the first day of the rest of your life...

Thanks, Will and Paul.

I was gonna say I regret selling my RT...but reading your words of wisdom has me thinking I should just go get a new one...or a 1600GTL...or a GS... :dopeslap:

Archived