IGNORED

Bikeline -- Markel American Insurance -- Any experience w/ them?

doc47

Thats a good question. I've had them for a few years now and the rates are suprisingly low when compared to my auto ins. companies. Are they tuned into the bike market that well? or is it a case of - you get what you pay for? I don't want to be surprised when/if I have to make a claim.

Doc, I have used them for over 3 years. Of course I have had no claims as of yet but price-wise they are competitive. Reliable...? they seem to send me my premium notices pretty consistently. Hell, it's all a crapshoot until you make a claim anyway??? Good Luck

I unfortunately have had an experience with them. The @$$hole who caused my 03KRS to be totaled was (under)insured with them. It took me 2 weeks to actually talk to someone in their office, they never returned a call. Their adjustor contacted me 8 days later! I turned the claim into my Progressive coverage, and had a check in hand 5 days later.

Personally, though I wouldn't consider them for any price, I wonder how they respond to a claim from their own customers. My incident was in October '04 and I have yet to hear of any experience of someone filing a claim on their own policy.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I'm with the first two posters Doc. I have Markel and have yet to file a claim. Of course I hope not to, but there you go.

I'm ending my 2nd year with Bikeline/Markel...

My only experience with them is that they readily take my money.

No claims...no problems...don't have any dirt on them...prices seem to be "fair"

BMWMOA is now endorsing them, for what it's worth.

I've had Bikeline insurance coverage for 12 years. In 2001 I had an accident in New Mexico in which my K1200LT was totaled. I can't remember exactly how long it took to get my claim check; but I don't recall it as being exceptionally long. They did send an adjuster to examine the bike before declaring it totaled. I don't have anything bad to relate about their service. It might be that I just don't remember; but I continued to use them as insurance carrier.

I've been with them for almost 10 years. During that time I've had one claim when I dropped my RT at the Boone rally. I took the bike to Holt BMW for an estimate (almost $2,000 gulp), mailed in the paperwork and got a check. No problems dealing with Markel Ins.

I have had them for 8 years now and have had 1 claim. They had a check to me 3 days after recieving the repair quote from Chicago BMW. After the $500 deductable they paid me $800 more than Chicago BMW would have given me on trade had my '98 RT with 67k on it NOT been in an accident. I'm a happy camper, still got 'em. grin.gif

PS Used $780 of the $800 to get the moderately damaged '98 back and the other $7k for the down payment on the '05

RT.

Regards,

Carl

Archived