IGNORED

The Timeless Ride

rrrich

I met Hubert (U bear) Kreigel this morning...he of the now ten year motor oddessy "The Timeless Ride" (www.thetimelessride.com). He's having a problem with his '95 GS1000. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Here's his email to me...

Hello Richard

So this morning i charged the battery then I went to start it again.

It did start but it is running on the left cylinder, the right one does not do too much.

I removed the spark plug, connected it to the wire touch it to the cylinder and i saw good sparks.

I opened the bottom of the right carb, it was full of gas. the floater was acting normally.

I put it back, put new spark plugs i found in my bags but the right cylinder is still giving nothing at low rpm and just something at high rpm.

If you want to give me a hand tomorrow to sort out the problem, it would be nice, i feel at a lost right now.

Anyway, I will see you at the coffee shop tomorrow morning and we will see from there what you think

thanks a lot

Don't forget to take a risk today !

The statement that,"the fuel bowl was full of gas". I was wondering if the level was actually too high and flooding that side until higher RPMs?

What was the condition of the plug pulled out on the right? Also make sure the enricher (choke) is releasing and working properly on that side.

Super Oilhead, thanks. I'll pass this along to him at coffee this morning. BTW, bike aside, Hubert's a fascinating human.

I checked Hubert's Blog.

It looks like his motorcycle is a Ural which probably has Keihin carbs. But, I would still check for a flooding carb situation on that side first.

you might ask him if he had the choke on. sometimes a little piece of dirt gets in the Bing choke gas circuit and that carb will not run on choke, but will run fine with choke off. I've had that happen on my airhead and it's just a matter of cleaning it with air or a fine piece of wire.

His blog is "The Long Way Down and Around" without the Hollywood production values, ginned up drama or star appeal. I can tell you from the past few days that he's a delight. Can also say his Ural is his current ride (now in Mali while he holidays with family here) and he's working on his "old" bike (the white Beemer) so we can get out and ride! Thanks again for the tips...

Archived