IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Put on engine guards.

142792447325.jpg

Bud, this yours? Nice, I love my little bike. You coming to Billings still?

Yes, it's mine.

I know you love yours because you have been riding the tires off of it. :clap: Thanks for sharing the pics.

Plans are to be there. Plans are always subject to change at my house. :grin:

Love the Wee. Can pick it up by just holding onto the handle bar closest to the ground. Easy, peasy.

Love the Wee. Can pick it up by just holding onto the handle bar closest to the ground. Easy, peasy.

I use the kickstand. Easy, peasy. :grin:

Nice ride!

The Rocketman

Sorry Bud. I posted my bike pic when I first got it, and one just before your post in this thread on 4/1 one page back.

Yes, it's mine.

I know you love yours because you have been riding the tires off of it. :clap: Thanks for sharing the pics.

Plans are to be there. I like it, good looking bike. I'm do for service and tires. 😁

Lone_RT_rider

Did the 36K service on the R1200RT Sunday. Did you know that the trans drain plug will fuze it's crush washer to the plug? Another reason I hate that Touringsport BMW doesn't open until Tuesday. Grrrrr. lol

Shawn

Had to put new tires on the spare RT wheels. Another member, kioolt, had kindly offered to utilize his No-Mar the next time I needed, so I finally took him up on his gracious offer. We muddled through the process, and I have to mount them on the bike and scrub them in before I leave next Wednesday to go to START!

Thanks Robert! :clap:

Cleaned a million dead bugs from yesterday's ride off the fairing & windshield. There were even a couple big juicy ones on the INSIDE of the windshield...WTF???

Slogged thru some rain on the way to DC to visit relatives and attend JVB's tech day. I was told there would be coffee and I didn't have to do anything but watch. :dopeslap:

Washed the 2014 RT-LC.

What a pain in the rear. It took me 2.5 hrs and that didn't include polishing or even a really detailed clean. Too many nooks and crannies, but the bike sure looks good.

In preparation for START, as well as the rest of the riding season:

1) Replaced the end of my hard wired Garmin cable, so the GPS would work.

2) (Finally) replaced the sidestand with one that actually has the wire bale for extending it. :dopeslap:

3) Installed the Big Mak seat jacks that I forgot I had...

4) Swapped the front and rear wheels, for ones with fresh rubber.

5) Gave the windshield and headlight cover a bath. :rofl:

Test ride tomorrow, my back is very pissed that I did all of this with the bike on the driveway. A lift would have been nice.

Finally got all the parts and pieces to put my newly refreshed shocks back on the bike. Am now ready to START on Thursday.

The exchange rate here in Germany is just about a one for one swap. That combined with a 19% VAT discount AND no shipping fees/mark ups to the states results in some great deals. Bought and installed a set of Zega Pro 2 31/38 liter panniers and upper crash bars for just under $1,000.

17015938519_b9b5fc33f8.jpg

16994648627_da204df46d.jpg

16581876973_4b4b67cf0f.jpg

17200417832_292d8a9712.jpg

17200393802_ba4748c5c4.jpg

16994613907_7a573d2f00.jpg

Wanting to make sure I didn't roll in for my 6K service with too few miles, I left Friday after work (northeastern MD) for Twisted Throttle in Exter, RI. After that, a trip to Bills Old Bike Barn in Bloomsburg PA (really worth a visit and for $5 it's a steal). Hit 6K in Honey Brook PA so I parked the bike until the dealer can pick it up, and walked 40 miles home. NOT! :rofl:

Amazing that there are NO allowable passing zones in 30 miles of 2-lane roads south of Reading. And I was stuck behind not one, not two, but THREE cagers who wouldn't drive more than 5 MPH under the limit. ARRRRGH!

Took my 32 yr old daughter who was visiting from LA for about a 50 mile ride. She's now talking about looking for a class to take.

Rode up to the Mount Washington. It'll be another month or so before I can do this to the previous statement. to the :grin: Nice to throw a couple hundred on today. :thumbsup:

image.jpg1_zpsnqofevby.jpg

Pat

Rode up to the Mount Washington. It'll be another month or so before I can do this to the previous statement. to the :grin: Nice to throw a couple hundred on today. :thumbsup:

image.jpg1_zpsnqofevby.jpg

Pat

You're a bit early for Bike-Week. :grin:

Buttoned up the bike after fitting quite a few bits and pieces acquired over the last couple of months. The contents of these boxes:

P4033113.JPG

Had to go on/in here (plus all the wiring to support them):

P4053122.JPG

And being a bit of a neat freak needed to look organized:

P4263142.JPG

As well as being well hidden away (but with the Fuzeblock still accessible):

P4263148.JPG

Ready to take a for a ride tomorrow:

P4263156.JPG

Mike Cassidy

The Rocketman

Installed Ilium Highway Pegs 19-200 on my ZTechnik bars, and loaded up routes on my GPS in anticipation of an 890 mile round trip to Livonia, NY (near Rochester) this weekend for a Tech Day at a friend's house. Should be a 9 to 9-1/2 hour trip, as we're taking the squiggly pink lines :)

Leaving at O'Dark-Thirty Friday morning, and as long as we make it over the George Washington Bridge without walking the bikes across, should be clear sailing.

Can't wait to try my new pegs and stretch out my old legs a bit....

DoubleSilver, my 2007 BMW R1200RT turned 150,000 (s)miles young, this morning, on our way to meet Bill (Highway41) for coffee at DOS Coffee in St.Augustine, FL.

I had to take the long way there, since my ride with Danny and Rick (Huzband and Rick) was a little short. :wave:

20150503_090248.jpg

Guest Kakugo
DoubleSilver, my 2007 BMW R1200RT turned 150,000 (s)miles young, this morning, on our way to meet Bill (Highway41) for coffee at DOS Coffee in St.Augustine, FL.

I had to take the long way there, since my ride with Danny and Rick (Huzband and Rick) was a little short. :wave:

20150503_090248.jpg

Have you got a coffee machine on that shelf as well? :rofl:

Happy to see your bike is still going strong. :wave:

20150503_090248.jpg

Have you got a coffee machine on that shelf as well? :rofl:

Happy to see your bike is still going strong. :wave:

Not on the shelf, but in the top case. LOL

The Rocketman

Took a 908 mile round trip to my friend's house this past weekend up in Lavonia, NY (South of Rochester), and many twisty pink lines down to Bloomsburg, PA before blasting home on I80. Low 80's, blue skies, and an awesome weekend.

Here's me just before heading home...well rested & happy :)

TDC7_zpsdpqwqcmg.jpg

greiffster
IMG_0297_zpssgnjknba.jpg

I did this over the weekend, does this count?

Yes. Do you do most of your heavy wrenching in flip flops? :rofl:

California work boots :thumbsup: That does not look like much fun Don....

Edited by Norm 79
Took a 908 mile round trip to my friend's house this past weekend up in Lavonia, NY (South of Rochester), and many twisty pink lines down to Bloomsburg, PA before blasting home on I80. Low 80's, blue skies, and an awesome weekend.

Here's me just before heading home...well rested & happy :)

TDC7_zpsdpqwqcmg.jpg

Sure, a short trip for lunch with a buddy. That's why you ride a Beemer.

You do look happy! :wave:

Paul In Australia

Club ride 500kms.. Past a new Airport in the middle of no where and then to a great little country pub. Had the easy job...tail end Charlie. Great day out

After losing my drive shaft on I-4 yesterday, I pulled it apart this afternoon to see the damage. I didn't expect much as I got it stopped right away. Boy, was I wrong!

The shaft came out like this as soon as I loosed the shock.

20150510_162208-L.jpg

The front u joint was still attached to the output shaft.

20150510_162253-L.jpg

It's frozen solid, so evidently it froze & ripped itself out of the yolk on the shaft. All at 84mph in traffic the middle lane of I-4 east of Orlando.

I was blessed that nothing catastrophic happened.

I called AMA roadside assistance at 3:20, & the M/C specific tow truck rolled up at 4:20. Not bad. And I was home at 6:30. I had an awesome guy with a m/c specific truck. A full roll back with wheel chocks, & he knew how to strap a Telelever.

20150509_170710-L.jpg

All in all, could have been a lot worse.

Matts_12GS

I did the unthinkable, I washed the GS. Heck, I even rearranged the shite that's stored in the Jesse bags for daily use.

Then I went out to get it dirty again before any of the gang sees it when we go camping in a few days.

Between a lot of honey do lists and daughter lists, I cobbled together this rear rack for my Wee as I'm supposed to be in Del Rio, TN on Friday.

143203992916.jpg

1/2" baltic birch ply. Used the CNC to route some tie down slots, two quick coats of Poly and we are good to go, I hope!

Makes it hard to see the brake lights so I will need to wire up HyperLites before leaving on Thursday.

Between a lot of honey do lists and daughter lists, I cobbled together this rear rack for my Wee as I'm supposed to be in Del Rio, TN on Friday.

143203992916.jpg

1/2" baltic birch ply. Used the CNC to route some tie down slots, two quick coats of Poly and we are good to go, I hope!

Makes it hard to see the brake lights so I will need to wire up HyperLites before leaving on Thursday.

That should serve you well. I did a smaller version of that on my DR650, but I used a plastic cutting board.