IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Nice looking pup, Rich! :thumbsup: This one followed us home recently. The dog... :grin:

Rex & Kiley

image_zpsvapzm7fr.jpg

Pat

Looking at the size of those paws...You might consider buying dog food by the pallet. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Well, not all today as I've been doing the 36K service over the last week. Or so. Spline lube, all fluids and filters, brake and clutch flush, plugs, valve check and alternator belt. Brake fluid was cloudy after 12K miles and clutch fluid was dark but not as bad as at 24K. These are going to be annual events. The valve lash has changed little since the 6K service and is still well within spec. This is my second Camhead with 121K total miles and I've bought one valve pill.

36K service

• 1 month later...

Vanity shot from last Sunday at Arizona Motorsports Park near Phoenix. This was my second time out on the new to me Triumph Daytona 675.

medium800.jpg

Edd - THAT is an incredible shot!! :burnout: I'm sorry our paths didn't intersect at the UN. My fault for missing/not meeting so many folks there. I'd been burning the rubber at both ends leading up to Palmer Gulch and after dinner or 7pm - which ever came first - I'd lose spark and have to plug in for the night. :old::old:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I serviced my bike this weekend.

I then did a big long write up about to help others with pictures, but the software decided to eat it and I don't have the patience to retype it.

So enjoy it!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Brought my 2017 to the dealer (220 miles away) for them to finish up my 24k mi service. I’d done all of it except the valve ck and computer update/reset.... Usually I ride it there and back but, decided to trailer it this time. Got the service done, paid the bill, and left for home. Irks me they charged me $32 for haz waste. This is a charge that Group 1 auto (who took over BMW service departments) mandates regardless of Haz Waste or consumables used. Anyway,,, got home Friday night. Took a 10 mi ride on Saturday and noticed oil all down the right side of my bike and even a small bit on my tire.. I could see a leak originating from under the coil on the right valve cover. I called service, they were immensely apologetic and asked me to bring it back. I reminded him that I was 220 miles away. He proposed we meet halfway the following week and I said I’d already burned a vacation day when I brought there in the first place. So, I proposed they send me the two tools I didn’t have (14m thin wall spark plug socket and the coil removal tool) as I do have some mechanical experience. They agreed to do this for me. Two weeks later and I’m still waiting on the tools. In the mean time, I’ve acquired the tools from a friend who had them unbeknownst to me. So off I go investing the leak. I found the preformed gasket between the valve cover and head assembly had been installed upside down. I Repositioned said gasket 180degrees, reassembled everything and all is well!! That is what I did to my bike today. I feel bad for having the dealership order the tools on their dime and fixing it before they arrived but, I was suffering from PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome)... at least I’ll have the tools when I need them in the future. There is one thing to be thankful for; I trailered it.... normally when I leave the dealership my first stop isn’t until 100 miles unless, I just drive straight home of 220 miles. Oil would’ve been on my back tire more so than it was after my 10 mile ride or even might have leaked enough out to cause engine damage. Luckily, everything turned out alright. No Bike damage and no slide outs......  

That's a little frustrating. I can't imagine how upset someone would be that couldn't have fixed it themselves. Two weeks without being able to ride would drive me nuts. Not riding by choice is fine, but being forced not to ride, especially caused by your situation, would be almost untenable.

• Like 1