IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Play nice.

Fair enough. Perhaps I was a bit harsh. But in all the years I had Krausers, I never once had one fall off. But that's just me.

Back on topic. Today I installed my new Wilbur's front shock & a new alternator belt. Tomorrow comes the new drive shaft & rear shock. And maybe tars, too, depending on the heat. It was brutal today. :P

With big thanks to Bernie, we installed my new drive shaft & Wilbur's rear shock, as well as bled the brakes.

It's starting to look like a motorcycle again.

Doug_Baliko

Installed a pair of low beam HID headlights on my RT. virtually plug and play since I purchased a Can Bus compatible set. It took way more time to take the bike apart and put it together again then it did to install the lights.

Doug

Got two of my wife's bikes through safety inspection, picked up a battery for my son's airhead and de-rusted/painted the battery tray.

Not exciting stuff, but at least I got some two wheel-time today :)

Matthew Miller

To start off I would like to say Happy Fathers day to all the BMW dads of the world. Today on Fathers day the day started off with heavy rain. It was predicted to rain off and on all day. Mid day came did the fathers day deal and the sun came out. Finally I could not take it anymore and decided to go on a short ride through some very scenic twisties past a large resovoir. I got about a half hour in and all of sudden the rain came back in buckets with lots of wind. My 2001 BMW R1100RL handled beautifully and the wind screen helped somewhat. Unfortunately I did not bring my rain gear and promptly got soaked head to toe. At least it made for a free shower. As I reached the top of my driveway the rain stopped and the sun came back out. All in all it was a great ride with lots of adventure on the street. Happy Fathers day.

The GS got a little attention today with some fresh oil and new filter. Prepping for a July 7th departure of the elusive NH/ME back road tour that has been in the works for three seasons now. :dopeslap:

Anyone wanna go, just let me know. ;)

Pat

The Rocketman

Tewks,

I'll be at The Red Rose Inn, Charlmont, MA (Rt. 2/Mohawk Trail) on the evening of 7/9; then at America's Best Value Inn, Scarborough, ME on 7/10; then renting a house in Eustis, ME from 7/11 through 7/17. Return trip is an overnighter at the Gray Ghost Inn in West Dover, VT on 7/18; then blasting home. Should be +- 3,000 miles all told.

Day trips include Mt. Washington, Moosehead Lake, a cruise into Canada, some Lobstah in Portland, and much, much more.

I'll be with a few other guys on Triumph Rocket III's, RT's, R1200C's, GS's and a Tenere. Wave if you see us on the road, or parked somewhere on the way.

Happy trails & safe trip. Counting down the minutes.... :)

Sounds great! :thumbsup:

Our route looks like this. 7/7 Rangeley camping - 7/8 Moosehead Lake staying at Pittston Farm. 7/9 Either one more night at Moosehead or we are going to Bar Harbor depending on the weather. 7/10 Homeward bound (I wish I was) passing very close to Scarborough so I'll be looking out for ya. ;)

Pat

The Rocketman

Our paths might cross. We are tentatively planning stops at The Maine Forestry Museum in Rangeley and/or Rangeley Outdoor Museum. Don't know exactly what days, but it doesn't much matter. I think Moosehead Lake is the 12th, Mt. Washington is the 14th, and Rangeley is the 15th. Decisions will be made when we wake up each day. We call it the "Brain Flush Tour". Self-explanatory.

Started up hit the back roads near houe went out US460 towards Christiansburg, VA to next I81 exit. Got on I81 hit the sweet spot for torque and power at 75 to 80 MPH. took 2nd Salem, VA exit. headed back home. Had grin on face for about 30 minutes after I got back home. Stress relief done... back to work.. BTW I work from home!

Bill_Walker

I had to move my RT to a different spot in the garage. So I did, detouring through a couple of other towns on the way.

Rode to work....enjoyed the view.

Rode to work....didn't enjoy the DC traffic.

On the other hand, I was on two wheels and not in a cage, so it wasn't all bad. :D

Matthew Miller

Today I got board about 4;30pm. went out for a short ride on my R1100RL in search of lots of twisties. I followed Rt 109 from New Milford CT to Thomastin CT. The road is full of lots of beautiful corners with lots of elevation change. I will recommend this road to everyone. Be careful as I passed a cop standing on the side of the road with a handheld radar gun. Someone on a bike in the other direction warned me so I slowed down some. After reaching Thomastin Ct I followed RT 63 to get some Chinese food in Watertown. Began my trip home on RT 6 to check out Historic Southbury and made it home to Redding Ct in about 4 hours. My short trip turned out to be only 115 miles. Now I am home and already want to get back on my bike and go some more. A great way to end the day. Until next time.

Oh man, Google tells me you were so very close to some of the best BBQ I've ever had. :(

Big W's in Wingdale NY. c8c169cfea_zpsd746117b.jpg

Plate_zps929cd53d.jpg

Me? :grin:

wax+on+wax+off.jpg

Pat

De UN'd the bike with a good wash. Removed side panels and relocated the ambient temp sensor from the tail section to

the right front. I was getting readings going to the UN of 110

degrees. That was 10 over the actual.

Air filter was full of Wisconsin sand so was replaced.

Blew out more sand from under the Tupperware and a lot of big dead dragon flies. How do bugs get into such impossible places.??

Ready to ride again.

Took The Moose in for a couple of recalls yesterday. They ran into some complications & couldn't finish it, so they gave me this to play with. :Cool:

20150630_163731-L.jpg

Got my eye on that bike - it would scratch a lot of itches. Pls. let us know what you think when you are done flogging it.

The motor is AMAZING! It was raining yesterday so the sales manager put it in Rain mode. Fine I thought. It still pulled harder at half throttle than mine does anywhere. It's dry today, so for the ride back I put it in Road mode. OMG! I never got much past half throttle & had a hard time keeping the front on the deck. Handling is unbelievably intuitive. I had a hard time giving the key back.

Lone_RT_rider

Plate_zps929cd53d.jpg

That's more than I get to eat in a whole week. :rofl:

Pat, that's a DIET Coke.....right? :rofl::dopeslap:

Pat, that's a DIET Coke.....right? :rofl::dopeslap:

Of course, gotta watch the waistline! :D

Truth be told, my younger days I would have attempted it but I trucked most of that home. :)

Pat

One more thing on the R. If you're used to using two fingers on the front brake as I am, DON'T! I felt like I was on the verge of nose wheelies every time. Those Brembo Monoblocs are incredible.

I'm not sure if I want the R or the BBQ more...

You said BBQ? Where? When? Dannys cooking? Hope he doesn't use fork oil for basting. :thumbsup:

Matts_12GS
I'm not sure if I want the R or the BBQ more...

You said BBQ? Where? When? Dannys cooking? Hope he doesn't use fork oil for basting. :thumbsup:

I'm doing coffe/breakfast at 0630 with cruiserboy. I need to be out at jax beach for a dentist appt at noon, but we're going to do something.

Managed to modify the mounting ring so it would work on my 09 GS. Happy camper to have a bag that goes on and off easily as well as doesn't touch the tank.

143597843742.jpg

Lone_RT_rider
Good deal now you can get rid on the crap BMW tank bag!! I didn't want it :rofl:

That still looks like it would stick out too far to get into a good RidingSmart position. I would need to cut that thing in half. :D

This fits into what did you do "to your bike today."

Lent it to the local high schoolers for use in the town 4th of July parade: :)

IMG_0962_zps69bijhs8.jpg

IMG_0963_zps7sthxywk.jpg

IMG_0961_zpsftpxhvtw.jpg

IMG_0960_zps3bkstwom.jpg

The construction crew:

IMG_0966_zpslkfk2aiw.jpg

This one had to ride on the bike to keep the lion mascot from falling off!

IMG_0968_zpsw80uqeit.jpg

Pouring rain cleared just in time to get the "float" assembled and run the parade route. :)

Greetings!

Installed a Wunderlich Dry Safe replacement oil filler cap. Hopefully I'm celebrating freedom from that minor pesky oil leak and the associated grime on the left jug.

I did replace the stock O-ring on the stock insert with a Viton O-ring that others have found to cure the issue. It helped mine but didn't eliminate it. We'll see if the "high dollar" solution works.

Just waiting for the thread locker to dry (cure?) so I can take a test ride tomorrow...fingers crossed!

Best regards!

Jim

Good deal now you can get rid on the crap BMW tank bag!! I didn't want it :rofl:

Sending it back to you COD! :grin:

Dean Wirsing

I installed the dual horn upgrade to my 07 RT, got the horns from a parts store online. I believe they are the same part numbers as the dual horns on the pre-07 bikes. Anyway, much more sound from the horns!

Dean

That still looks like it would stick out too far to get into a good RidingSmart position. I would need to cut that thing in half. :D

I could comment...but I won't. :grin:

I could comment...but I won't. :grin:

Give you a dollar if you do. :wave:

Moved the GPS mount from the Wee (which just sold on another forum, after several days of bumping) to the GS.

Foot seems to have liberal tendencies as every time I got off the bike using the side stand, it leaned further and further to the left! :wave:

I'm not as big and strong as he is, so I made a minor addition that will help me in that regard.

143630581550.jpg

143630586115.jpg

At a cost of $5.00 for an Official Canada Hocky Puck and 3 screws, I'm good to go. I did grind off the sharp points of the screws. I think the grooves in the bottom will give me plenty of traction when I need it.

Now my bike is leaning a little bit more to the right. :rofl:

greiffster

Yes, interesting since the bike went from Tennessee to Illinois. :/. Now, no more politics. :grin:

Yes, interesting since the bike went from Tennessee to Illinois. :/. Now, no more politics. :grin:

We won't even talk about how many Ex Illinois Governors are or have been in federal facilities. :rofl:

Managed to modify the mounting ring so it would work on my 09 GS. Happy camper to have a bag that goes on and off easily as well as doesn't touch the tank.

143597843742.jpg

Really is too big. Ordered a different one and sending this one back.

Or perhaps my gut is sticking out too far and a diet would make the bag usable??????? :S

Annual ride to Santa Maria. Eight of us from work went from El Segundo to Santa Maria. Beautiful day for riding. Had lunch in Brophys in Santa Barbara harbor. About 340 miles round trip. A really nice day.

143681390678.jpg

I'm glad to see the bottle opener still there. :thumbsup:

Well ya, how else would I open the beer that Foot will buy????? :clap: