IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Between a lot of honey do lists and daughter lists, I cobbled together this rear rack for my Wee as I'm supposed to be in Del Rio, TN on Friday.

143203992916.jpg

1/2" baltic birch ply. Used the CNC to route some tie down slots, two quick coats of Poly and we are good to go, I hope!

Makes it hard to see the brake lights so I will need to wire up HyperLites before leaving on Thursday.

That should serve you well. I did a smaller version of that on my DR650, but I used a plastic cutting board.

Did you experience any sag using the plastic cutting board?

In the past, I've had poor results when plastic slowly flows.

Maybe I was using the wrong type of plastic??????

Took my spare wheels out to get new tyres mounted. pr4s.

Mounted and checked front balance which was fine. No adaptor for the rear. $30.00 :clap: Well worth it and the guy had a super

tyre machine that didn't leave a mark.

Getting ready for the UN. :thumbsup:

Marty Hill
Took my spare wheels out to get new tyres mounted. pr4s.

Mounted and checked front balance which was fine. No adaptor for the rear. $30.00 :clap: Well worth it and the guy had a super

tyre machine that didn't leave a mark.

Getting ready for the UN. :thumbsup:

See you there. :wave:

Paul In Australia

This weekend a new rear PR4 on the RT and a night ride back from the coast.

Sunday saw a 300 km jaunt on the GSW over familiar roads with A FRIEND ON HID 1600K. Very pleasant and a great lunch in Esk.

All in all a great weekend.

Did a 6K service on the RT yesterday (150,110 miles) and removed the Clearwater LED's.

On Wednesday we have a visit to the Dealer scheduled for a rear wheel flange change and hopefully a fuel strip that actually knows how much fuel is in the tank.

Marty Hill

Rode to Heidelberg. Cleaned bike and repacked for delivery to Air Canada today. Montreal to Chi-town later this week.

Looked up the dress of the airhead all weekend. Might have changed the oil while I was at it. Went for a Memorial spin.

i-7gJ5vWS-M.jpg

Guest Kakugo

Yesterday I went for a 200+ miles with a German friend of mine... unbelievably he somehow managed to get lost while arriving at our meeting point. Not easy given there's a single main road. :grin:

IMG_0012_zpsbffakawo.jpg

IMG_0011_zpsgtxwxbpl.jpg

Yes, my bike the old and (not so) slow one. ;)

Always a pleasure to ride it on certain roads.

Oh, and today the new helmet arrived in the mail. Fits like a glove. :rofl:

Glenn Reed

Made an arrangement with a neighbor to borrow her garage for the weekend. I have to do the fuel pump and hoses replacement, a canistrectomy, and fix my GPS power cable. The driveway doesn't seem like the best place for these.

New shoes for Vado. The original PR4s were just shy of 12k miles with some life still in them but after picking up a framing nail on Wednesday it was an appropriate time to change them out.

Also affixed a new BMWST sticker to the side case, thanks FB.

New PR3's in preparation for the UnRally. They get mounted today.

Earlier this week I mounted a trusty old Nuvi 765T to a Ram Mount and managed to wire it to the Autocom in my tankbag. I've now got Satellite Radio, V1 radar detector and GPS all feeding through the Autocom and into my Az Al's custom-molded earplugs w/speakers (shameless plug for a good friend). The miles just melt away.

Guest Kakugo
Bighorn's,WY Rode in the rain,all the way up and all the way back.

Wyoming looks an awful lot like parts of Austria, weather included. :grin:

Greetings...from Windy Escanaba, MI! :wave:

1. Affixed new old-stock BMWST.com Sticker to right side case.

2. Hopped on the RT and went over the Mackinac Bridge to get to Escanaba. I'm on my way may to Duluth to visit the Aerostich mothership and get a replacement for my 10 year old Roadcrafter which is really starting to show it's age....although it didn't leak during my 2 hours in the rain! :thumbsup:

I went over one of the largest suspension bridges in the world to get to one of the smallest motel rooms in the world! :rofl:

Best regards!

Jim

Finished with fluid swap, final drive inspection, and bolted on some old Krauser luggage that I scored from CA (need some straps). Just a few mechanicals left on the list and I will declare this bike properly check listed. Hmmm, might have to actually ride it somewhere...

i-LkwKJhn-M.jpg

Drove to Durham, NC with the bike on the trailer, yes, you read right, bike on the trailer. Dropped it off at Bombar's Beemers to have this

checked into. The owner, Peter Bombar, said that an estimate couldn't be given until the bike is cracked open,......geesh. Now I have to be patient because his shop has a few bikes in front of mine. Oh well, at least I can still ride the wife's
, unfortunately, I have to fill it up every day/other day because of the wimpy 2.6 gallon tank.
Oh well, at least I can still ride the wife's
, unfortunately, I have to fill it up every day/other day because of the wimpy 2.6 gallon tank.

Well at least the fuel will stay fresh in the tank. A friend of mine had a similar noise on his 2005 R12RT.

Oh well, at least I can still ride the wife's Shadow 750RS, unfortunately, I have to fill it up every day/other day because of the wimpy 2.6 gallon tank.

Well at least the fuel will stay fresh in the tank. A friend of mine had a similar noise on his 2005 R12RT.

Diagnosis? Cure? Costs?

Oh well, at least I can still ride the wife's

Diagnosis? Cure? Costs?

Dealer replaced bad bearing, if I remember correctly. Highway41 (Bill) is traveling, so I can't ask him any specifics.

Lubed my chain.

What's a chain? ;)

It is what transfers power from the engine to the rear wheel on many BMW motorcycles, including some GS models. :rofl:

Like this example

8324e04bc23ce19ab40930fa7875740f_zpsmu6jmil8.jpg

Edited by Bud
Paul In Australia

50k km service on the RT.

Prepped the GS for a 3 day weekend ride in the hills this weekend coming

...bolted on some old Krauser luggage that I scored from CA (need some straps)...

Myth, except for stupid people. As long as you click them into the latch properly, you don't need straps.

Play nice.

I know some folks w/7 figure airhead history it has happened to.

They aren't stupid.

Never needed mine.

But like the rubber band wire/zip tie for the side pieces, it can happen.

Never lost those either, but secured them.

You carry a tire repair kit?

Me too.

Know plenty of folks who never needed one.

Best wishes.

Took her out for her first "real" trip. I decided to run up to Americade for the first time (what a zoo/pirate show!):

IMG_0908_zps6s77uspe.jpg

IMG_0907_zpsrotfk6vn.jpg

I must not be a real BMW rider -- had the chance, didn't park in the "right" spot:

IMG_0909_zpsridczk85.jpg

There are worse ways to spend a weekend :D

IMG_0916_zpsq4im4qjh.jpg

Took her out for her first "real" trip. I decided to run up to Americade for the first time (what a zoo/pirate show!):

IMG_0908_zps6s77uspe.jpg

IMG_0907_zpsrotfk6vn.jpg

I must not be a real BMW rider -- had the chance, didn't park in the "right" spot:

IMG_0909_zpsridczk85.jpg

There are worse ways to spend a weekend :D

IMG_0916_zpsq4im4qjh.jpg

Arrr...worthy of a stand alone ride tale, it tis! :grin:

Pat

Rode 520 miles yesterday in 96 degree heat, I am not in summer riding shape yet. :cry:

Found some new to me roads and the bike did great.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Killed a bird on Sunday. In all fairness, he tried to kill me first.

I was just leaving Chelsea (little town west of Ann Arbor), doing all of 40 MPH, when a bird flew in from the right. He came in behind my windscreen and hit me square in the chest before I could even think about what was happening. I don't know how big it was, but it surely wasn't a little sparrow; it felt like someone did a roundhouse swing and slapped me in the chest hard with their hand. A good shock to the system, but no harm done, at least not to me.

The same strike at 80 MPH would have hurt. Yikes.

The Rocketman

Laugh you may, but many years ago a seagull took my friend Brian down on his brother's bike hitting him in the chest, going across the Robert Moses Causeway Bridge here on Wrong Island. Last time Brian ever rode a bike......said if a seagull can kill him, he'd better find a new hobby.

Lubed my chain.

What's a chain? ;)

It is what transfers power from the engine to the rear wheel on many BMW motorcycles, including some GS models. :rofl:

Like this example

8324e04bc23ce19ab40930fa7875740f_zpsmu6jmil8.jpg

Or this great example of a chain driven BMW.

XR1000%20002.jpg

:wave::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been busy.

Hand spooned a couple of TKC 80's on the KLX. A very humbling experience, but a necessary one in case I need to make repairs "on-road". Very surprised at how stable those tires are at 100-110kph on pavement. No practice on mud yet, but pretty good on freshly graded (i.e. alternating soft-hard-soft) gravel.

A bunch of farkles on the GS (Mud Sling, Admore rear light bar, Clearwater Darlas, SW Mototech adjustable shift lever, Barkbuster hand guards with Storm covers, Garmin 660).

Went on a steady drizzle/rain 350 mile ride last week to the Sweetgrass, MT border station to renew my NEXUS card. The BMW GS Dry suit worked a bit better then I expected and with my ancient Wider vest and a fleece underneath stayed warm and dry(ish) in 4-6ºC (40-46º F) weather.

Had to cancel my trip to San Diego this week due to spending priorities. Bathroom reno due to a cracked/damaged shower enclosure and the RAV4 needed a new water pump.

Oh well, still plan on going to the MOA in Billings next month.

Mike Cassidy

The Rocketman

Got that infernal "Service Reminder" reset last night by my friend's GS911. Glad to see that thing gone for a while. Reset to June 16, 2018 or 46,000km, whichever comes first. Couldn't move it any further out. With 22,000 miles, I've got a ways to go. Yippeeee!