IGNORED

Magnahelic gauge for TBS...

codinn

Stuff2c posted that this Magnahelic gauge worked well for him 590078-Picture005.jpg

Question for those of you who have done this: is 15/0/15 inches of water a good range for this or should I get a more sensitive gauge? They come in 10/0/10 and 5/0/5 as well.

ShovelStrokeEd

I find that I can't tell the difference in the way my bike runs beyond say 1/4" of Mercury on my Carb Stix. That would translate, on a differential manometer to roughly 3" of water. There is such a thing as too much sensitivity. 15-0-15 is probably perfect for the task. Any more sensitivity and the needle is likely to jump too much at idle, thereby killing the gauge if you don't throw it against the wall first.

Thanks, Ed.

Now all I need is that and a mini-stan and my devious plan to regain control of my wallet from the diabolical forces of the dealership service department will be complete! MUWAHAHAHA!!! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

BTW, for the cost of the gauge, you could build about 20 slack tube manometers.

I should have checked here first before I bought the friggin bike! I bet we could have figgered out how to save some bucks on that too! grin.gifgrin.gifcrazy.gif (ouch!)

You're right, though. No reason not to try the slack tube manometer first. I'll be doing it in my garage so I don't need the portability...but don't discount the value of a new gadget to a gadget-guy! That's worth $20 right there!

ShovelStrokeEd

Oh, I agree completly. The Magnahelic is the techno freak way to go. Still leaves 50 bucks left though which will buy a lot of tubing, 2x4's, algeside, and food coloring.

Archived