IGNORED

Signing out

t_bills

I've just read the entire thread. It's too bad that Thomas's bike wasn't good for him. I bought a new Yamaha triple once that didn't make it home from the dealer without a breakdown. I bought another Yamaha a couple of years later. Great bike.

So I guess Thomas' bike is for sale huh? I wonder how much...

I went by the dealer in Chattanooga and there are definitely two sides to this story. They replaced the switch as instructed by BMWNA. I am curious how that repair is holding up?

I went by the dealer in Chattanooga and there are definitely two sides to this story. They replaced the switch as instructed by BMWNA. I am curious how that repair is holding up?

There usually is.

I have managed retail stores and refused to sell to customers. They look at me in shock; but I nicely explain that my life is too short to deal with people like them. I then refer them to a competitor.

Too bad the dealer did nto see this one coming.

I owned and operated a retail store in Houston and on more than one occasion refused to sell to someone.

Once this person derided a piece of fine art and then offered to buy it at a substantial discount. I politely refused. Then he decided it would be a good negotiating tactic to deride me and my ancestors. Funny how that didn't work.

I asked him to leave and he became even more strident. I waled him outside and more or less politely invited him to never return. Left him in the parking lot screaming at me.

Felt good.

I owned and operated a retail store in Houston and on more than one occasion refused to sell to someone.

Once this person derided a piece of fine art and then offered to buy it at a substantial discount. I politely refused. Then he decided it would be a good negotiating tactic to deride me and my ancestors. Funny how that didn't work.

I asked him to leave and he became even more strident. I waled him outside and more or less politely invited him to never return. Left him in the parking lot screaming at me.

Felt good.

a good "waleing" usually feels real good! :rofl:

Felt good.

I have a good friend in his 60's who has owned a very successful high end electronics store for 30 years, and his business has prospered because he goes the extra ten miles for his customers, most of whom are really great people. That said, he told me recently that if one more person comes in and becomes a raging a**hole, he's going to put a For Sale sign on the front door and retire.

I waled him outside and more or less politely invited him to never return. Left him in the parking lot screaming at me.

WalKed... sorry about that... but "waled" sounds good too.

Felt good.

I have a good friend in his 60's who has owned a very successful high end electronics store for 30 years, and his business has prospered because he goes the extra ten miles for his customers, most of whom are really great people. That said, he told me recently that if one more person comes in and becomes a raging a**hole, he's going to put a For Sale sign on the front door and retire.

You should advise your friend to do as some of us have done; stop doing business with those kinds of customers.

Shiny Side Up

I have no isssues with my dealer or my motorcycle.

The bike is not perfect - I'm not perfect - BMW is not perfect -the dealer is not perfect = Therefore, we all get along in an imperfect world.

I have no isssues with my dealer or my motorcycle.

The bike is not perfect - I'm not perfect - BMW is not perfect -the dealer is not perfect = Therefore, we all get along in an imperfect world.

I do not think anyone expects perfection; but they also resent it when they are treated like an idiot.

BMW corporate is lucky to have quality dealers. I am not sure how long I could tolerate the way BMW treats some of them.

Archived