IGNORED

Super Visor

Knifemaker

I have one on my Nolan flipup. It works quite well. It's a little nerdy looking but it does a great job when heading home westbound into the low, winter sun.

I've had a Super Visor for two years until my helmet was blown off my bike by a huge gust of wind while parked on top of the Richard Russell a few months ago, scratching up the face shield to the point it had to be discarded. The SuperVisor survived the fall intact, but the fact that the mounting hardware is permanently attached to the faceshield is one of the 2 minor negatives. Once that shield has to be discarded, you have to buy more mounting hardware to use the Super Visor on the new shield.

The other negative is that the Super Visor catches a bit of air when you have your visor fully raised (and that it looks a bit nerdy).

On the positive side, it effectively blocks the low sun, especially when riding west in the afternoon in the winter. Works much better than the helmet sunblocker (which I am currently using, as i wanted to give it a try).

Well worth the $, especially if you find yourself riding east in the morning or west in the afternoon.

Sounds interesting. I suspect one could cary a spare face shield with it mounted? Would that be correct. That way you could put it on when you need it most.

Sounds interesting. I suspect one could cary a spare face shield with it mounted? Would that be correct. That way you could put it on when you need it most.

Yes, I have a Super Visor mounted on my other (tinted) shield also. You could easily carry a spare face shield with a Super Visor mounted on the spare shield. Another idea is that you can also take the Super Visor off the mounting brackets, then snap it on only when needed. The only problem with this plan is that you would really look like a dork when the Super Visor was off, as there would be 4 mounting brackets sticking out of your faceshield.

Bill,

I have used a Super Visor for commuting for the last three months. It really works well, and it is very fairly priced. I installed it on a spare visor of my Shoei helmet. When I am riding at other times, I change the visor.

It effectively blocks the sun. I commute east in the morning and west in the evening, so depending on the time of year, I can get sun glare both times. This device works as advertised.

Yes, it looks a little goofy, but so what. I think it adds to my menacing, don't-mess-with-me look, which is so important for commuting in the greater NYC area. smile.gif

Curious, what about the claimed noise reduction. I have two flip face helmets (HJC, Shoei) and they are both noisier than crap.

I have an HJC CL-14, and I always wear ear plugs, which helps tremendously. The SuperVisor does not cut down on noise for me. It also does not add noise either.

Archived