IGNORED

R1200ST REPLIES

DUBLINCHRIS

Thanks guys to all who have replied so far. Taking in all the details. The one thing I love about it, having been brought up on Japanese bikes that like to rev is, that the ST engine does not respect the red line!! This seems to be a common observation with others. Havent quite managed the fuel range on a tank that the testers seemed to get.

I had the Pilots on the demo bike I brought to Europe and had no real probs but I have detected some slippage from rear Bt's in dry. This is the opposite to my experience with Bridgestones on my Kawasaki which are rock solid wet.

or dry.

Top indicated speed so far is 220KPH(about 137mph)

Average riding speed in the range 80-100mph, it just loves to go.

I thought by buying BM I would ride more sensibly than if I had an FJR. Knew I would be in trouble with FJR but BM is definitely no better!

The smile on my face since day one will have to be sugically removed!!

It is also great to pull up at an event/rally etc and park amongst all the GS1200's and have something different.

Lets not tell too many people how good the ST is.

In the words of Kawasaki "Let the good times roll"

Dublin Chris thumbsup.gif

"but I have detected some slippage from rear Bt's in dry. This is the opposite to my experience with Bridgestones on my Kawasaki "

Actually so have I [on dry pavement] and I loved my BT020s on my FZ1 where this never occured. This did not stop me from replacing the stockers with more 020s because it happened so rarely I wasn't sure it was anything but rider error? confused.gif

Archived