IGNORED

Kisan head light modulator switching options

PASSMORE

I am looking for some wiring advice to achieve the following;

I wish to activate my modulator via the high beam switch. That said, I want to control (via aux switch) whether or not the modulator is able to be switched on via a dash board switch.

I am assuming I can accomplish this by "switching" the daylight sensor?

Help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Yup, just chop the photosensor off and wire it to a single pole switch. I did it and it works great. Mine is mounted under the dash, just below the speedo (RT). I flip it forward to modulate, back to shut modulation off.

Good luck,

Chris

Yeah I think I'm going to change mine from the high beam to the low beam and replace the sensor with a switch too.

The problem with modulating the high beam is the pulsing reflections off of street signs, the back of trucks, and such is really distracting.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in how you get it to modulate low beams.

The Texas State Patrol gave me a warning yesterday for

running the pathblazer on high beams. Said its illegal.

It irritates the other drivers (really? isn't that a good thing?).

Really?

That doesn't sound right. I think the LEO got it wrong this time.

EB, or any lurking LEO's; care to shed some light on this one?

I'm interested in how you get it to modulate low beams.
I'm using the splice-in PathBlazer, so I just changed the wiring.

(S)he's blowing smoke. The federal statute that allows them says nothing about what light you can or can not modulate.

You are right on two counts. First the federal government has preempted this area of the law and modulation on high beam is acceptable. The logic calls for the modulation to be activated only when on the high beam and the light sensor sees sunlight.

And yes the purpose is to make yourself conspicuous and it may antagonize others but that only proves the effectiveness of the modulation. Oh, and if you hear that modulator does nothing for your safety, ask whoever gives that opinion if they have tried it before making up their mind. You and I know empirically that it is very effective.

if you hear that modulator does nothing for your safety, ask whoever gives that opinion if they have tried it before making up their mind
Oh there's no-way I'm going there again! eek.gif I'm still feeling beat up from the last, "Headlight Modulators - Good or Evil?" thread! tongue.gif

Archived