IGNORED

heated hand grips

4rugby

Just as an aside to this, (sorry if this is classed as a hi-jack) but I went out last week, and it was bl**dy cold here, and used my heated grips for perhaps the 4th or 5th time ever. My fingers were totally numb whereas the palms of my hands were cooking. Should I turn my hands around or what? Wasn't that impressed.

Comments appreciated. (maybe)!!!

Graham

ShovelStrokeEd

The heated hand grips need to work in concert with the proper gloves. Gerbings sells some heated gloves or glove liners that will heat the back of your hands. Wiring is bog simple. If your current gloves are not wind proof, you will need to replace them. You need wind blocker Goretex at the least. I like to use silk liners in concert with my Gerbings glove liners and BMW summer rain gloves. In full winter weather (below freezing temps) I switch to the Gerbings gloves but retain the silk liners. The Gerbings gloves are both heated and come with a Thinsulite insulating layer. Toasty at silly temperatures.

Gerbings sells some heated gloves or glove liners that will heat the back of your hands.
Yup! Just tried my new ones this morning at -4ºC. Toasty!

Another glove choice is the RevIt Celcius which uses a new liner material which absorbs the heat from the grip and carries it around the glove. It works great and they fit well. They are sized small vs typical glove sizing though. I normally use a large or XL glove and had to use their largest size.

Archived