IGNORED

Do Farkles ease your pain?

MachineJoe

Now that the riding season (for most of us) is coming to an end or has ended, do you go thru a withdrawal?

I find myself sitting every morning in front of my 'puter, sifting thru this site for some new farkle to add to my idle steed. I look outside at the sun rising thru the barren trees and wonder if it'll be warm enough to get 'er out and ride for a few miles to get that "quik fix". Today won't be one of those days frown.gif Instead, I'll purchase a farkle, wait for it to come in so I can get out a few wrenches, wire ties or whatever and dream of how nice it'll be to get the wind in my face again. cool.gif

So, What Farkle will you add to get you thru this winter?

20 degs tonite frown.gif We're still doing some riding but less so. I'm actually hopefull the "Toys for Tots" Ride will still happen this Sunday. So speaking of weather, I'm entertaining adding the following:

4268_1sa.jpg

Unlike others, this has a seperate temp probe which (I read) should not be affected by oil cooler. This way, I'll know when I'm freezing my a$$ off (or more importantly when the roads are/can freeze).

Regards,

Mike O

Jerry Johnston
Unlike others, this has a seperate temp probe which (I read) should not be affected by oil cooler. This way, I'll know when I'm freezing my a$$ off (or more importantly when the roads are/can freeze).

Where do you stick the probe? grin.gif

MIke....that was pretty dang funny.

That's a good farkle to have. My VFR came with one and I had to have one for my RT. Much better than the useless POS steering head gauges.

I mounted mine here:

tempgauge.jpg

It was 34 when I left the Wrightwood house at 4pm.....burrrr...and I left my vest at home. dopeslap.gif

For now my farkle buying is limited to furnishing our Wrightwood place.

Where do you stick the probe? grin.gif

Don't ask your wife that one tongue.gif

Now that the riding season (for most of us) is coming to an end or has ended, do you go thru a withdrawal?

So, What Farkle will you add to get you thru this winter?

Yes, I'm going through it all the time. Even on a rainy day. If I can't ride its like life is ending. I got it bad, REAL bad.

Yea, I hope to get a throttle meister over xmas, and a top case (maybe givi) in feb or so.

Um, riding season ending?? Hey, Greg, Toolman, do you know anything about this supposed "riding season" thing? Is it like a law or something? "Wabbit season". "No, duck season!" confused.gif But, in all fairness, it will about 52 or 53 degrees when I ride home from work tonight. Good thing I brought the "Polartech" gloves and GelStra has heated grips! grin.gif

wink.gif

Paul

ClearwaterBMW

well

that's the tradeoff where i live

the roads are some of the most boring of all time....

and the street surface temps in the summer hit 130 or more

and riding at that time often necessitates a RUNNING IV

but.... i can ride 12 months a year (hurricanes notwithstanding)

greg

If I didnt' have to worry about ICE, i would ride in the snowy mess we had today. That would have been fun, wondering how many crazy cage drivers think that I'm really the crazy one when I know they're more crazy than me thinking I'm the crazy one confused.gifgrin.gif

wondering how many crazy cage drivers think that I'm really the crazy one when I know they're more crazy than me thinking I'm the crazy one confused.gifgrin.gif

eek.gifeek.gif Let me see if I got this correct eek.gifeek.gif If they're crazy eek.gif for thinking we're crazy eek.gif when they haven't a clue for how crazy eek.gifwe are for riding while its ....... ummm .... what was I trying to say? dopeslap.gifwink.gif

I think I need to look at more farkles

Archived