IGNORED

Battery

Urban Surfer

The stock battery on an 03 RT doesn't seem to be serviceable. It certainly doesn't look like I can add any water to it. So how long do they last? How do I know when I need a new one? I have been charging it periodicaly but it barely has enough juice to start the bike. confused.gif

In late production 2004 and all production 2005 1150Rts, BMW has installed a positive nub outsied the tupperware, it is under the seat. You no longer have to worry about where to jump the battery. Ask your BMW dealer to install one for you.

My 03 has cell caps that allow you to add distilled water.

One thing I would recommend...buy yourself a Battery Tender and the BMW outlet adapter and use it all the time. My battery is like new and I have had zero problems.

.....One thing I would recommend...buy yourself a Battery Tender and the BMW outlet adapter and use it all the time. My battery is like new and I have had zero problems.

I agree, I bought one for my K1100LT and now using it for the K replacement, my R1150RT. Just plug it in knowing the battery will always be ready to go when I need it.

Archived