IGNORED

DEATH VALLEY-NOV 11 12 13 !

mrduck

...Wonder why they're out? Last time I was through there it had 2 gas stations.

Brian, unsure as to reason but the information source is one who lives there and prepares access roads for the PVD event.

Looks like their delivery run is spotty. Found some posts on other moto websites from March talking about the same issues of sometimes they have gas, sometimes they don't. Guess it's just best to plan on not stopping there.
new tires, ---24k service, checked and done --- test ridden and deemed roadready

Dang, its still October

24K,,Thats it,,What,,Do you only ride it to the grocery store on sundays ??? :rofl:

If I'm lucky.... my work seems to have trippled this year.

I haven't even had time to go to Occupie Wallstreet and protest 10 hour workdays, regular paychecks and a great boss.

I put in paperwork two weeks ago for a vacation day on Saturday the 12th, and she gets back to me today and says, sorry we need you for that busy weekend. I said "Well tough, I've already made my reservations. You've been dicken around for two weeks". But they wouldn't see it my way. So I pouted for a bit. A little later she comes to me and says "Since we didn't get back to you within 48 hrs, you can have your day off. I had seen the acting shop steward having an extended conversation with the bosses, probably about my situation. Thank you shop steward, my union dues come thru again.

Yippee I'm in!!! :clap:

I haven't even had time to go to Occupie Wallstreet and protest 10 hour workdays, regular paychecks and a great boss.

How 'bout we call it "Occupy Beatty" :thumbsup:

Don J :wave:

In

Damn, I have to sit this one out. :P As much as I wanted to ride down for the protest, I just couldn't find any government programs to pay for my expenses.

Hope to see ya'll in January.

Laura and I are going to be in Laughlin Thursday early evening in case any of you folks are in the area. We probably won't arrive until closer to 6-7pm and are staying at the Golden Nugget. I see rooms in town for as low as $25 bucks. Figured we would have a nice dinner there, get up at not too early Friday and maybe even think about going to somewhere exotic like Beatty. Drop me a line if you are interested in hooking up for dinner Thursday.

Kaisr

Oh and I am bringing the GT so I can keep up with Brian :)
:rofl: No need for the rocketship. I'm on the smell the roses setting now so you should be able to pass me on anything more than a scooter.

Well guess I'll have to bow out this time. Dislocated my kneecap of all things. Gar will still be there, along with our number one son Jason. I've warned them to behave themselves, last time they got together by themselves they were out on the town in Austria and didn't get home until 7:00AM. You all have fun and stay safe.

n

Well guess I'll have to bow out this time. Dislocated my kneecap of all things. Gar will still be there, along with our number one son Jason. I've warned them to behave themselves, last time they got together by themselves they were out on the town in Austria and didn't get home until 7:00AM. You all have fun and stay safe. n

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will however make the ultimate sacrifice and help babysit Gar and Jason. Rest assured with me there...what trouble could we possibly get into? ;)

Mojave/Olancha-11/11/11

Allways good fun to hook up for the "slightly sedate" :rofl:(yeah right) brunch run Friday morning-so hows about Lancaster Starbucks around 8:00-8:30, top off the tanks at Mojave Chevron about 9:00ish, then Ranch Cafe 10:30 or so.

And we'll try to behave :thumbsup:

We probably will be at Ranch Cafe by 11:30 at the latest, coming over from Kernville on Sherman Pass, depending on what time we leave.

See you then.

dc

Mojave/Olancha-11/11/11

top off the tanks at Mojave Chevron about 9:00ish, then Ranch Cafe 10:30 or so.

And we'll try to behave :thumbsup:

Boy, I had the time estimate off...figured you guys for leaving Mojave around 9 and arriving at the Ranch Cafe at 9:30....Guess Cornelius isn't leading...

:rofl:

MB>

Raining here in Oregon, lessee, stay in the rain here or go to California and be in the maybe rain.... hope the rain won't turned to snow in the Sherman Pass area.

CoarsegoldKid

Tank you can be assured that Sherman Pass will have been closed since it's at 9000ft. We will go through the Lake Isabella area on Friday instead. The weather is for showers which is different than rain unless it's raining where you stand. I feel lucky with rain gear on.

I have a phone number for the Blackrock Ranger Station. Their hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday thru' Monday. I should have current information on Thursday.

In any case, I hope to see you Thursday at McNallys.

dc

For whomever is counting heads...

1 for dinner in Beatty.

The Missus will be holding down the home front (and staying dryer than we will I suspect....)

Rain gear on board. No chains though....

:lurk:

Spoke to the Forest Service Blackrock area and they said Sherman Pass is currently open. The conditions could be icy in some areas and they advised caution. They do not plow the road according to the ranger and she mentioned they had 6" of snow the other day.

So, bring the salt and chains.

I just talked to the Blackrock Ranger station. He said 8" of snow at the summit. Technically still open. System coming in Friday, so no prediction for Friday. But we would be thru' there by noon.

He says the road is not plowed, so ...

I said there might be slush on the road, he said the road is not plowed, so ...

He also said they are today preparing to shut down the Blackrock Ranger station, and thus there will be no one up there on Friday.

He said come back in March. I said no, we will be there.

I didn't mention motorcycle to him, and Bumpo, I suppose you didn't either, or did you?

dc

Dang! I've got to cancel. Too many obstacles even before the weather. My bike is showing a Brake Failure light, which according to GS-911 code is a Front Wheel ABS speed sensor failure. :mad: I replaced the sensor because the wire had been rubbed by the rotor, but not all the way through. New one didn't cure it, so it will be a trip to the dealer, which is 300 mile roundtrip and I don't have the time this week. The GS-911 won't reset it because it says failure is currently present.

Have fun!

He said come back in March. I said no, we will be there.

I didn't mention motorcycle to him, and Bumpo, I suppose you didn't either, or did you?

dc

I did mention that I would be on a motorcycle. The gal I spoke to at the Forest Service, who usually works at Blackrock Ranger Station, said it's not a plowed road and use caution. I think we might be the last motorcycles going over the pass for the season. I really don't want to get caught up there and have something roll in us and we couldn't get out. We might end up on the news... :/

Brain,,Make sure there is a air gap between the sensor and the rig,,You mite also try disconnecting the batt and see if it clears the codes,,,

Brain,,Make sure there is a air gap between the sensor and the rig,,You mite also try disconnecting the batt and see if it clears the codes,,,

Thanks for the suggestions. There is an air gap and I have tried disconnecting the battery and also riding it for a while with the new sensor. I'll open a thread somewhere else, probably on k-bikes. BMW Ventura says it is plug and play, so I shouldn't have to do anything special.

Well, tis Tuesday morn AND the stars are dancing in the sky outside my kitchen window and the road harkins, bike is packed and hyway 36 beckens...........

Joe. I'll see ya Wednesday night, and the rest of yous (is that a real word, sounds pirate to me ) friday night

CoarsegoldKid

Joe. I'll see ya Wednesday night

I checked the weather for our route and except for a 40% chance of shower Friday in the Lake Isabella area it all looks good. It will be cool though. I believe that Sherman Pass is a bust. The overnight temps will turn the snow to icy conditions. I'm looking forward to a fantastic steak at McNally's however. Franz is sitting on the fence for this ride. He will decide tomorrow.

Hey Brian

Ride the GS

:lurk:

Heck,

It crossed my mind for a few seconds, but it is more G than S at the moment. No bags and a windshield the size of a postage stamp. It does have a Bill Mayer seat though.

Hi Don. I will probably meet up at chevron at 9:00. Is the off ramp for Starbucks ave. I In case I get there early? For a head count on the steak dinner I"m In and I think Hedstrom will also enjoy but he will probably chime in later. This is going to be fun.

Sadly it seems I'm OUT. Work has piled up, deadlines passed, deliveries delayed. In short, I'm working the weekend.

I think this might be the first BMWST event I've ever bailed on.

Sadly it seems I'm OUT. Work has piled up, deadlines passed, deliveries delayed. In short, I'm working the weekend.

That sucks,,I was really looking forward to seeing Biff,,O and you to Bob,,,
Hi Don. I will probably meet up at chevron at 9:00. Is the off ramp for Starbucks ave. I In case I get there early? For a head count on the steak dinner I"m In and I think Hedstrom will also enjoy but he will probably chime in later. This is going to be fun.

Yup- Ave I and 14 fwy, I'll be there till 8:30 then head to Mojave

Dang that's too bad, but understand that taking care of biz these days comes first...see ya next time

Looking good! Less than 10% chance of rain for Beatty and Death Valley. Should make for an excellent tire kicking session in our lounge on the Exchange Club parking lot.

Well we made it to Laughlin. The GT made it to the end our driveway where it poured out gas from the left side once it turned on. The GS isn't set up for two up with a wife with a broken toe. After determining risk and rewards of

A- taking the GS and leaving my hobbled spouse home

B- taking the z3 and my wife

I chose A....no I mean B!

So we will be there but will be in the cage.

I am no longer rooting for England in anything.

We are heading out this morning and will be there sometime this afternoon. We are caging it as well. The route that we are taking doesn't have enough twisties to warrant riding two wheels. Can't wait to see everyone!!!

Archived