IGNORED

DEATH VALLEY-NOV 11 12 13 !

mrduck

Time again to meet in Beautiful Downtown Beatty November 4th 5th and 6th for the (insert name here) DV ride!

MODERATOR EDIT: the dates have been changed to November 11, 12, 13.

Bring your buddies, this is not exclusive to Beemer riders, all are welcome.

We will be staying at the Exchange Club Resort (with a small discount when you check in)

http://800bigwin.com/ or call Pat 775-553-2333 for reservations.

This year we will be having a Saturday night steak cookout with all the fixins across the street at KCs Outpost!

Plenty to see and some of the best MC roads around. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209684298917772903679.00049257c471e8aa3bbe3&msa=0

And be sure to stop in at Darwin and tell 'em we said Hi :thumbsup:

So, who's in?

Don J :wave:

I will have to take a serious look at this. What is the weather going to be like?

I may be there, weather permitting.

dc

There're calling for snow...bring your chains.

I'm "all in" - - if I don't have to work that weekend, and I won't know for a few weeks.

Coming from Vegas, here for a temp 3 year job. DV's been on my list of places to see since I got here last April.

Haven't made it north of where the road thru Pahrump meets 95.

Keep the thread alive so I don't forget! :-/

I am IN no matter the weather! :clap:

Last year's weather was almost TOO warm! :thumbsup:

I'll stop in Darwin if you do... Just keep a close eye on "you know who"... :rofl:

I'm "all in" - - if I don't have to work that weekend, and I won't know for a few weeks.

Coming from Vegas,

Jeez,at worst, you could leave after work, be there by 8 for dinner, leave at 11 and be home by 1am... :grin:

see ya there.

MB>

Sorry folks- the Missus and I are celebrating our Anniversary that weekend..OUT-

Stay safe and try not to enhance the Kalifornia state revenue picture... ;)

See ya in January !! :grin:

Sorry folks- the Missus and I are celebrating our Anniversary that weekend..OUT-

Stay safe and try not to enhance the Kalifornia state revenue picture... ;)

See ya in January !! :grin:

Now wait a minute..... how much more romantic can this get?

A weekend in beautiful Beatty,the honeymoon suite at the Exchange Resort, and an intimate dinner at KC's Outpost???

Gonna miss you two, see ya in January

There're calling for snow...bring your chains.

David,

From what I've heard, they are always calling for snow for that run. Or is that the January attendees? But the town of Beatty has such appeal, how can you let vicious weather keep you from going.

Snow. Ok, I'll bring my skis.

I haven't been out there for far too long.

I usually like to stay at the old hotel at Death Valley Junction.

But I suppose Beatty would be ok.

dc

I thought Darwin was pretty cool. Further down the road we took a off road that went DOWN a dirt grad . Not me again . I will probably take the Honda because I think the rt will be announced dead at that time. I am find. For those that are sitting on the fence this is a good time to ride with some good people.

Well I just got back from Spain and will give you a tentative "in" going to work thursday and see what the work schedule looks like.

had a great time last year too!!!

What is this DVD thingy you speak of??

Shiny flat discs that have dirty movies on them? :dopeslap:

Very good Don but try this: DVD = "Ducks Velocity Drive" I still like Mr. Ducks Wild Ride.... "DWR"...

Here's the last ride when we stopped in Darwin before the sheriff came on the scene:

DVDJanuary2011003-1.jpg

What is this DVD thingy you speak of??

Shiny flat discs that have dirty movies on them? :dopeslap:

You know, I just figured out it's probably not a good idea to post things after comsuming adult beverages, just my twisted sense of humor

Very good Don but try this: DVD = "Ducks Velocity Drive" I still like Mr. Ducks Wild Ride.... "DWR"...

Here's the last ride when we stopped in Darwin before the sheriff came on the scene:

DVDJanuary2011003-1.jpg

Nothing like stirring up the local populace to make the stop "interesting"

And I love that pic- Kathy always has that grin like she just got away with something she shouldn't be doing :rofl:

(seems to be the common theme with these DV rides!) :thumbsup:

I called and spoke to Pat. Bad news, guys. They are fully booked that weekend for a cycling group that gets bused in and my reservation didn't go through.

Who else has managed to make reservation at the Exchange Club?

I called and spoke to Pat. Bad news, guys. They are fully booked that weekend for a cycling group that gets bused in and my reservation didn't go through.

Thats a bummer!!!!!

Did you try to book anywhere else?

Tom

Thats a bummer!!!!!

Did you try to book anywhere else?

Tom

Pat says Stagecoach is full and they are taking their overflow.

OH CRAP!!!!

Found out what's going on http://www.classictours.co.uk/Challenges/OpenChallenge.aspx?ChallengeID=769

Just got off the phone with the Phoenix, (just around the corner) they're full too due to some Beatty Historical Meeting!

(and I asked Pat if anything else was going on that weekend)

So the parks gonna be full of bicycle riders that weekend....do we wanna rethink the date on this? Bump it to the next weekend-11th 12th 13th?

I'm sure the cookout dinner can be rescheduled...

Open for suggestions....

Don J :lurk:

From my view, I vote for a change of dates....The 11th (Friday) is Veterans Day so it's a 3 day weekend.....Probably won't matter except some of our group may get the day off and make it a three dayer.........

I'm with Phil on this one. Sharing Death Valley with hundreds of bicycles isn't my idea of fun...

Doesn't really matter to me which weekend we change to. I don't get Veteran's Day off anywho.

(Dang it! now I have to talk the boss into changing my weekend off...) :P

On the bright side, I guess Heck wont need to worry about his anniversary any more. :)

Hummm Don, we may have to think about your continuing this volunteer position for the future. I know others are begging for the chance to put this together :rofl: I'm good with the next weekend as well but only at the Exchange. I've not seen any hotel that works near as well for what we do.

+5 for the date change.

Like Phil stated, some of us get a 3 dayer, and with that I don't have to give up $$$$ while playing with the "wild bunch".

Someone call the Exchange and see if'n they got enuf rooms fer us.

Yo Don....

Thanks

MB>

Archived