IGNORED

Autumn Torrey Thread

eddd

Dennis Andress

The bikes are on the trailer. Some of our stuff is packed. Hoping to leave here early Wednesday morning, and be in Torrey that evening.

Anyone interested in a slow ride?

Oh NOOOOO David was supposed to give you a hug for me!!! Say it isn't so!!! :(

It is so.

And wrt David giving me a hug, I thought it was supposed to be "what happens is Torrey stays in Torrey, or something like that" :)

--

Mikko

Anybody planning some kind of get together dinner for Thursday night?

Yea, I'd be interested in knowing this as well. In fact, since this is our first Torrey, I have to admit that I'm not up to speed on the local dining establishments and what kind of entertainment's available. If it's like other rallies I've been to things tends to planned as soon as the event starts or people make plans on the fly. I can roll with that!

Well after the list of stuff you guys have been through - just rent a truck/uhaul/vehicle and come anyway. Sounds like you guys need it. Sometimes money needs to be the least priority.

In the days before Jamie got laid off we would already be on our way having done just that. However, with all we have been through and the financial impact that alone took, added to the lay off, and now a couple thousand dollars to repair the truck make it a not gonna happen trip. Too much to absorb all at once. If anything else went awry we'd be in to our rainy day fund that had already been sucked dry over the last few years of "stuff." Once the steering is repaired there is still a chance that there is more lurking beneath with a ball joint issue. Hard to be too bitter as this is the first issue this truck has had, well, except the CD player failing one month after I bought the truck, four years ago. Dodge death wobble is your search engine for those who want to learn more about what is going on.

The hard part is that this was quite literally the first trip we were taking after having put all this "stuff" behind us.

And as a reminder to the stone throwers, the Tenere cost nothing thanks to BMW buying back two bikes in the last year!

Oh, and thanks for the chat this morning Gleno!!!! You're right - Life's great, Participate!

Feeling your pain...

I went through the same with my dodge.

Upper and Lower ball joints

New A/C system from the compressor downstream

front brakes

$3200...

Well after the list of stuff you guys have been through - just rent a truck/uhaul/vehicle and come anyway. Sounds like you guys need it. Sometimes money needs to be the least priority.

In the days before Jamie got laid off we would already be on our way having done just that. However, with all we have been through and the financial impact that alone took, added to the lay off, and now a couple thousand dollars to repair the truck make it a not gonna happen trip. Too much to absorb all at once. If anything else went awry we'd be in to our rainy day fund that had already been sucked dry over the last few years of "stuff." Once the steering is repaired there is still a chance that there is more lurking beneath with a ball joint issue. Hard to be too bitter as this is the first issue this truck has had, well, except the CD player failing one month after I bought the truck, four years ago. Dodge death wobble is your search engine for those who want to learn more about what is going on.

The hard part is that this was quite literally the first trip we were taking after having put all this "stuff" behind us.

And as a reminder to the stone throwers, the Tenere cost nothing thanks to BMW buying back two bikes in the last year!

Oh, and thanks for the chat this morning Gleno!!!! You're right - Life's great, Participate!

Hang in there, this too shall pass. Our motorhome is in getting a new motor at 62K so I can sympathize, the reason I don'd buy GM anymore. Hope you can make it to Torrey again soon. You're always welcome to come to our house in St George and ride with me after things settle down as it is warm here in the winter. I have great memories of our time in Joshua Tree a few years ago that you guys put together!

I rode Huntington Canyon today and I'm sad to report that the trees have not gotten the word that it is fall. Very little color change.

I rode Huntington Canyon today and I'm sad to report that the trees have not gotten the word that it is fall. Very little color change.
I drove some customers over Posey Lake Road (west side of Boulder Mountain) In great shape and there is a little colour up there but not as spectacular as usual at this time of year, darn rain.

I am In!! It will be a quickie but I will be there. Due to a wedding dinner for my niece on Friday night, I will head down first thing Saturday morning. Then home whenever I want on Sunday.

Is there a group heading north to Farmington Saturday morning? If so keep your eyes open for me on my silver GS.

Now to find a room for the night.

See you there or on the road!

I am In!! It will be a quickie but I will be there. Due to a wedding dinner for my niece on Friday night, I will head down first thing Saturday morning. Then home whenever I want on Sunday.

Is there a group heading north to Farmington Saturday morning? If so keep your eyes open for me on my silver GS.

Now to find a room for the night.

See you there or on the road!

Few cancellations here at CW call them :grin:

I also hate to post this. I am also out for this Torrey. Someone will enjoy an upgrade to the Chuck Wagon. See you all in the spring. Toast one for me and all y'all have fun.

I also hate to post this. I am also out for this Torrey. Someone will enjoy an upgrade to the Chuck Wagon. See you all in the spring. Toast one for me and all y'all have fun.

That sucks

You should have perfect weather all weekend...

I just left the salt flats...don't ask.

Didn't go so well kids.

Still have the record though.

MB>

It official. No chance I can dash up there tomorrow. I need to deal with the out of commision Kitchen Fridge, Laura is not feeling great, and there is just a lot of cleaning up here to get ready for the major construction that is coming next week to put the house back in order. I am sad, down, and really bummed. This is my first missed Torrey in 5+ years.

I will miss everyone....even Bob maybe a little....

Tommy

It official. No chance I can dash up there tomorrow. I need to deal with the out of commision Kitchen Fridge, Laura is not feeling great, and there is just a lot of cleaning up here to get ready for the major construction that is coming next week to put the house back in order. I am sad, down, and really bummed. This is my first missed Torrey in 5+ years.

I will miss everyone....even Bob maybe a little....

Tommy

It's official. You and Laura were missed. Everything seemed a little off without you two and JustJean.

Archived