IGNORED

Autumn Torrey Thread

eddd

Looks like I'll get Thursday - Monday off from work -> will arrive to Torrey sometime Thursday night and departing Monday morning.

Bad news is that that Camille is really busy at work and might not be able to join. Good news is that I'll be bring both the GS and KLX so I'm ready for some good dual-sporting that weekend! :Cool:

Now I just need to book me room somewhere...

--

Mikko

[but you've got some spectacular roads between the Springs and Torrey. May I suggest taking 50 across to Montrose, south to Ridgway. Or 160 across to Durango then north to Ridgway.

From Ridgeway, go west on 62 to 145 west to 141 south to 491 into Utah at Monticello.

Go south to Blanding and take UT95 north from there. Left onto UT 24 and into Torrey.

I was possibly going to take 160, so looking at this, did you mean 191 instead of 141 south to 491?

Torrey just got iffy for us. Our hot water line to the kids bathroom that goes throught the slab burst. Flooded the back area pretty good. We may have the house torn up for a few weeks now with people fixing the damage. Will know more later this week.

This stinks

Tom

Dennis Andress
Torrey just got iffy for us. Our hot water line to the kids bathroom that goes throught the slab burst. Flooded the back area pretty good. We may have the house torn up for a few weeks now with people fixing the damage. Will know more later this week.

This stinks

Tom

:cry:

Friend of mine had that done. Guy came in with a sensor and located the break, small hole in slab to repair, pour concrete in small repair area.

Floor guys fix flooring. I was pretty amazed they could find the break. In his case the copper pipe was rubbing some rebar, and finally wore a hole in the pipe.

Hope you get it repaired asap and good and solid.

This stinks

Tom

I agree. It stinks. Hope there is a quick fix.

I just changed the oil on my Dual Sport motor cycle getting ready for Torrey. I'm staying in a cabin across the street from the Chuckwagon. Looking forward to exploring the trails.

Booked into Boulder View :clap:

I'm going to arrive late Thursday night and staying through Sunday.

Tgregg, you want a riding partner for exploring the trails on Friday?

--

Mikko

This stinks

Tom

We had this same problem. They just ran a hot water line through the attic to our bath and capped the other one off. Looks like something I would have done, but it is working and they didn't have to bust into the slab. They used PEX pipe instead of copper.

Hopefully it won't freeze this next winter.

Good luck with the repairs. Don't let it keep you away from Torrey though. It will be there when you get back!

Booked into Boulder View :clap:

I'm going to arrive late Thursday night and staying through Sunday.

Tgregg, you want a riding partner for exploring the trails on Friday?

--

Mikko

Yes I do! Bob is supposed to be saving us a trail map at the Visitor Center. I'll be across the street from the Chuckwagon in a cabin. My cell is 760-885-8397 here is a picture of truck and bike

Yosemite002.jpg

Look for my truck. I should get to Torrey about noon Thursday.

Gregg

I have both the ATV map and a forest service map. I no longer work at the visitor center on Fridays and Saturdays due to other work commitments so maybe I can go riding on Friday too. The CRF hasn't been fired up this year!

Well, I'm out this time. Hurt my lower back and right hip a few weeks ago. I thought it would get better by now, but it hasn't. Five to six days there and back wouldn't be fun. I canceled my room at the CW, but reserved a room for Spring Torrey. I'll see you all then. Have a great time all!

I have both the ATV map and a forest service map. I no longer work at the visitor center on Fridays and Saturdays due to other work commitments so maybe I can go riding on Friday too. The CRF hasn't been fired up this year!

Bob, That would be great, how might we connect? I've never been to your house. How about meeting in the CW parking lot at a certain time?

8 or 9 ??

sorry to hear that Raaan.

see you next time

blast off tomorrow via ATL, New Orleans, Mr. and Mrs. Whipville and eventually, the CW.

Bob, That would be great, how might we connect? I've never been to your house. How about meeting in the CW parking lot at a certain time?

8 or 9 ??

It will work out, it always does.

That's a bummer Ron. I hope you mend quickly and we'll look forward to seeing you at the Spring Torrey gathering. If your ears are itching in about a week it's because we are talking about you and wishing you were with us.

Get well soon!

Noooooo. I was looking forward to a big hug. Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Will certainly miss you.

Plus one to that! You heal up Ron and we will see you in the Spring!

Ok update.

I may ride up Saturday early solo. I will them turn and burn home Sunday. All of this is still up in the air. I am off to the East coast in the am until Thursday.

Ok update.

I may ride up Saturday early solo. I will them turn and burn home Sunday. All of this is still up in the air. I am off to the East coast in the am until Thursday.

Crossing fingers! It's been too long Amigo!

Ok update.

Not ideal, but we'll take what we can get. Hows the plumbing going?

Bad News. Bad News. Bad News. DANG IT!

Something has come up and I won't be able to attend this Torrey. Apologies to all my friends that I won't be able to buy a beer for, but I just can't go.

This means that my bedroom in the middle cabin at the Chuckwagon is available. Please don't call the Chuckwagon, as the cabin is in my name and Al Schibi's name together. If you want that room, call Al. He'll take care of the rest.

Nando my brother.....very sorry to hear that.

This means no moderators.....hmmmmmmmmmm.

What happens at Torrey-22 ..... .. ......!

;)

This means no moderators.....hmmmmmmmmmm.

What happens at Torrey-22 ..... .. ......!

Put your left hand on the Good Book and raise your right hand. . .

Plumbers get into the concrete Wed. Right now we have 20 min of hot water before it percolates up and I have to shut it down for 3 hours to dry. We have cold water (which in Az is about 80 degrees) so house is livable. The drying fans are now off. If plan goes well. Repair done Wed. Construction starts Thu and Friday. Paint and floors a week from Monday. That is why I "might" make the dash Sat early trying for a noon hookup in Escalante with the crew. Might stay Sat night, then leave early Sun and get home in time to be there for Laura. Tough putt, but I want to see the gang bad.

Left Oregon on Saturday. I'm criss-crossing several of the Sierra passes on my way south and plan to take RT6 across Nevada. Unbelievable weather--clear skies--no fires (knock on wood). It's been a long time since I rode Ebbets Pass. Where does the state of California get the money to pave a road like that? Sweetness!

Dirt Road Update:

Cathedral Valley - all roads impassable (sounds like a challenge)

Notom Road - muddy, 4wd only

Halls Creek Crossing (Notom-Bullfrog Road) - muddy, 4wd only

The weather forecast looks great so hopefully the roads will dry out this week, there are a couple of vehicles stuck on the Cathedral Valley road...

If anybody is looking for a room last minute, I've got an opening in the Gleno Suite (apartment above the general store). If you're not familiar with it check here Chuckwagon Family Suite. It's a 3 bedroom apartment with a full kitchen, living room and deck. We're arriving Fri 9/23 and leaving Sun 9/25. If interested PM me.

Hi, my name is Phil. I SUCK!

So, long story short and NO I don't want to get in to it any further right now;

Take the truck in to get it serviced before we leave. They check some things over, respond to a couple things I had questions on, aaaannnnddddd...............................

How many thousand dollars to fix this? The possible precurosr to the Dodge death wobble scenario? Did you just say Dodge death wobble?

It's not safe enough for me to put my family in a truck that the steering system has issues on. I rotated the brand new tires I have 5,000 miles on and the front's looked like they had grown shark fins. They've been rotated for less than 300 miles and these are now significantly worn already. And, NO, it's not a simple alignment issue. That would be an easy fix.

If I can sort something out, I will. We've already called Teresa and gushed tears on the phone there. Truck is being seen again first thing in the AM for a more definitive diagnosis.

At this point, don't even respond, call, write, text, or otherwise. I need some time.

From a blown out ankle, to a near blown out knee, to an erector set neck after 3 months of thinking I had ALS, 4 months in the NICU for Amelia............................

I'm stepping away from the electronics!!!!!

I am SO GLAD you got that truck checked over. Bravo Dad! Good job.

I hope it works out....but what a great thing that you aren't on the road.

Sheesh, I wasn't supposed to respond :dopeslap:

Take the truck in to get it serviced before we leave. They check some things over, respond to a couple things I had questions on, aaaannnnddddd...............................

How many thousand dollars to fix this? The possible precurosr to the Dodge death wobble scenario? Did you just say Dodge death wobble?

It's not safe enough for me to put my family in a truck that the steering system has issues on. I rotated the brand new tires I have 5,000 miles on and the front's looked like they had grown shark fins. They've been rotated for less than 300 miles and these are now significantly worn already. And, NO, it's not a simple alignment issue. That would be an easy fix.

If I can sort something out, I will. We've already called Teresa and gushed tears on the phone there. Truck is being seen again first thing in the AM for a more definitive diagnosis.

At this point, don't even respond, call, write, text, or otherwise. I need some time.

From a blown out ankle, to a near blown out knee, to an erector set neck after 3 months of thinking I had ALS, 4 months in the NICU for Amelia............................

Well, $300 gone and it's only noon. But wait, the dealer says, there's more!

Well, $300 gone and it's only noon. But wait, the dealer says, there's more!

Well after the list of stuff you guys have been through - just rent a truck/uhaul/vehicle and come anyway. Sounds like you guys need it. Sometimes money needs to be the least priority.

Archived