IGNORED

2002 K1200RS brake bleed help needed

Dr_Doug

I did it. I bled the front wheel control system dry--the line that goes to the front calipers. dopeslap.gif I have a general discussion that addresses the brake system bleeding for a later model S bike (I think) which I found on the FAQ, but it doesn't address the specifics of the 2002 K1200RS.

I'm researching buying a copy of a service manual, but I'm really, really hoping for some immediate help with some input from the list on how to get this line refilled before the manual comes in. I wish I could wait that long, but I just can't.

Thanks in advance.

Doug Parker

Clermont FL

USA

A service manual CD is available from Pirate's Lair or Motobins in the UK. Either place charges about $95.00 plus shipping.

On an ABS3 system(is this what you have?),If you have bled the circuit dry, I think you have to backfill the circuit from the caliper bleed screw. It is not simply dumping fluid in the reservoir and bleeding the circuit. This is explained in detail in the CD. I would do nothing to it until I got a manual or bite the bullet and take it to a dealer. I do know if you screw up the brake modulator a new one is over $1,000.

Bruce C smile.gif

Archived