IGNORED

It did happen!

TEWKS

Still on the road, we are stopped in Tewksbury, MA for the night. We will stop for 1 more night before getting home on Monday, August 15th - Acadien Day!

Thanks for the info, but we already took advantage of the Cracker Barrel in front of our hotel. We took a gamble with Hotwire.com and got an excellent room at the Holiday Inn for $54.

1 week now since our spill and mending good, thx.

Home after 8 days of riding the twisties in the Smokies. A skiing analogy says it best:

Remember that one day, when the stars aligned and everything came together…….. you found yourself standing at the top of your favorite run, on a brilliant sunny morning, after 36 inches of a light fluffy snowfall overnight and yours are first tracks! You push off and effortlessly the turns start coming, powder flying up over your face, speed increasing with every turn, yet total control. The turns are so perfect you don’t stop until you reach the bottom, your heart pounding, your legs burning and the grin so wide on your face it hurts. You do it again, and again, and again. At the end of the day, your exhilaration is overwhelming. Your soul soars. This is why you love this sport. This day, this one day, is permanently etched in your brain. One of the best days of your life!

This past week has been one of those days! :grin:

Thanks to all who were part of my first UN…. Tom for fantastic routes down and back, Erik for being a great roommate and introducing me to this gang, Pat and Armando for sharing the rides, the planning committee for an outstanding location and routes and everyone else I met for making this a time of my life. Hope to see you all soon.

Got in around 2:30 this afternoon. Stayed with Kyle and Margie at their house an extra day then 2 days back home, with a side trip to the dealer to check repairs on another bike. What a fun group of people at the UN. Even stayed in a real room because of the hotel camping snafu. Nice digs.

Calvin  (no socks)

Survived another Un......including, up the "Diamondback" and 2 trips to and thru all of Hot-lantas bristling interstates including...

I-20/I-685/I-575/I-285/I-75/I-85...I think I missed I-675...whew!

Thanks go out to Matt, Shawn, Dianne, Craig, and Ken for all the work...

Such a special event! I am really glad I got to meet new friends, renew "old" friendships, and only wish I could have met you all!

Rod and Marie, thanks so much for sharing your dinner table Wednesday night! I enjoyed the conversation, and learning more about my own family history! I am just secretly hoping, I am not related to LilJohn somewhere back in the distance. Hope your return is uneventful!

My mom just loves going to our events. Thanks to all who made her trip extra special! She just loves the conversations with everyone.

I hope our paths will cross again in the near future!

Chopped liver, that's all I am, chopped liver... :cry:

Chopped liver, that's all I am, chopped liver... :cry:

Bob, we all know that without you behind the scenes, Shawn and I would lose our All Powerful Oz appearance.

Thank you too for your administration of the details, you allowed Shawn and I to make it look easy.

Got in around 5:30 tonight, stopped for one day in Atlanta to visit my sister and brother-in-law. Got involved in a fact finding mission/tech-day. His R1100RT started leaking fuel like a shower head from the bottom of the motor. Busted Fuel regulator, that will be fun to replace it.

Thanks to every one for organizing such a great event, my first UN.

I meet a lot of new people and did some great riding.

Home around 14:30 Saturday after 3,141 miles of smiles. :grin:

Thanks to all who organized and made this, my third Un, an awesome experience. Thanks also to fellow riders who let us tag along and showed us the way to find and ride the best roads around.

What an amazing group of people! :thumbsup:

Arrived home yesterday. Comfortable weather all the way home. I didn't feel like I was coming home from a bmwst event because I wasn't wet.

Stayed an extra day at the Inn. After another fun day ride on Thurs it was a bit eerie and kind of depressing to come back to a parking lot empty of bikes and riders. Good times never last long enough.

The facilities, the setting, the rides and the organization were all top notch. Thanks to Matt, Shawn and everyone who put this together. Thanks also to Armando, Svensk, Vthoppy, Tewks, Enfoman, BMW_Ken, and DaveCinNewOrleans for sharing the ride.

Let's do it again in the fall.

Just want to add my note of appreciation for a great event. My 1st UN. Matt & Shaun, as well as everyone else I've failed to mention, did a fantastic job! Venue, scenery, dinner, and roads were all over the top!

Finally got home this morning, after spending the weekend on NJ's Long Beach Island. Avoided any rain until 10 miles from home, where I got soaked.

Thursday PM, Pat passed me on I-81 northbound near Martinsburg WV. I spent the night near there to take in Antietam Battlefield NP.

Looking frward to the next one.

JohnM

Thursday PM, Pat passed me on I-81 northbound near Martinsburg

Nice to see a friendly face out on the slab, seemed to be a higher percentage of asshats than usual. Tell ya, that hi-viz gear is the biz, could see you a mile away. :thumbsup:

Pat

I got in this afternoon after a SS1000 to Lincoln NH from UN central with the Chromeheads. That was a flawless ride for me but Armando had to drop off being my wingman when the rubber was becoming UN gummed on his tires. He insisted I press on. All is good he has a new tire, I competed the SS in about twenty hours and also had a nice weekend to boot!. About 3500 miles or there abouts completed for the entire trip. Quite a milestone for me. There was one snafu yesterday when my battery bit the dust with a cell fracture (in my estimation)in the parking lot of White Horse Press. Luckily, there were some varied selections to finish the meet and get me home, not a perfect fit or right Amp hour size, but good enough for now.

BTW_ a big THANKS to those who made it an UNbeliveable event!

Loved the UN!!! :clap: My first rally was a great experience even though I managed to miss all events. (Ice cream, BBQ and beer?!? Geez!)

Met some nice people (and one local drunk :)) and rode some amazing roads.

Got back to FL Friday evening (home Sat. afternoon) after a long, hot ride through western SC and east GA. Held up for 10 minutes in Brantley county, GA for a funeral procession in 102 degrees at 4 pm. 20 minutes later I had to take cover from torrential rain w/ lightning in Folkston, GA in a Dept of Forestry garage. A passing deputy stopped and talked to keep me sane(?). Soon as the rain eased up, about 45 minutes, put the liner in and clear shield on (hit dry road in just 2 miles) and continued south thru 4 more instances of precip over the last 90 miles. Fun driving across US90 and seeing a dozen cages hunkered down at the gas station. :thumbsup:

My sister and brother-in-law are doing well. The GW suffered only a slightly bent front brake disc and cosmetic damage in the off on the BRP. Sister has a hairline fracture of one rib and laceration on the elbow where the armor pulled up. Saturday, her husband rode the 'Wing home while she rode in the Suburban with their son who drove down.

2177 miles round trip, 1/3 of it in NC. Loved the roads, loved the Inn, loved Asheville (three stops!), loved the people. Next time I expect I'll trailer to shorten the time driving. Time to start saving for the pull vehicle and trailer, I guess.

Thank you FLRider for the loan of the RDL without which I would never have made it up. :thumbsup:

See you all soon, I hope. :wave:

Met some nice people (and one local drunk :))

I guess that means you also met Boo.......B-O-O.......Boo :rofl:

(the local drunk's lovable old pup)

Met some nice people (and one local drunk :))

I guess that means you also met Boo.......B-O-O.......Boo :rofl:

(the local drunk's lovable old pup)

Sure did. You and the missus were there after all. Finally found out he lives down the gravel road past the A-frames. Nice dog, hope he does the majority of the driving. :rofl:

Made it back to Canada safe and sound........many thanks to Shawn and Matt for an outstanding job. Fabulous location and organization. My wife Sheila and I appreciate it greatly.

Rod

Congratulations to all involved. A great (un) rally at a super location. After the rally I headed to the Daniel Boone rally. A good many people, and OK weather. Headed home to Florida. Lots of heat and thunderstorms. Arrived safe and sound (and a bit worn out) yesterday.

Was great to meet you Mark, let's go meet halfway and do some riding once it cools off some!

OK, November is penciled in!!

FL C2C ride?(11/12/11) You can show us that bakery in Mt. Dora.

Gar and I pulled into our driveway at 2:45pm after 5 weeks on the road. Had an absolutely wonderful time at the UN. Matt and Shaun,along with their excellent support staff did a fantastic job.

They certainly know how to put on a party.

After the Un we headed for the Wheels of Time motorcycle museum, then to Alabama to Barber Motorsports. That made a total of 4 motorcycle museums on this trip(previous was AMA museum and Bills Bike Barn). Halfway accross Kansas Gar seen a sign for Kansas Motorcycle Museum. I kindly explained to him that I didn't think that was a good idea. Our next stop was Rocky Mountain National Park. Breathtaking. Stopped back to our friends in AZ. then on home. Road home today via I40 but even that wasn't too bad temp wise. Other than the heat crossing the plains on the way it was a great trip. Loved seeing and meeting new folks and spending time with old friends. Can't wait to do it again.

GREAT UN! :clap: I made it home on Sunday evening at about 5:00pm. Richard on the other hand is here:

Nova Scotia

OK where are they now? Can't wait to hear about their adventure. Are you guys coming to Torrey?

Pulled into the driveway @ 1430 8/21/11. after three weeks on the road.

Although my entire trip was all but UNplanned.

I did manage to UNattend part of the UNrally. Many thanks to all the UNorganizers who helped make that part of my trip a success.

GREAT UN! :clap: I made it home on Sunday evening at about 5:00pm. Richard on the other hand is here:

Nova Scotia

OK where are they now? Can't wait to hear about their adventure. Are you guys coming to Torrey?

At 3:31pm (pacific time) today, they were in Omaha, Nebraska. I don't think we are going to make this next Torrey... Richard does not have that weekend off and between the month on the road to the UN and back, and a week for Hawaii, he will have used up most of his vacation time. You and Gary are welcome to come up and send a few days :thumbsup:.

I did manage to UNattend part of the UNrally. Many thanks to all the UNorganizers who helped make that part of my trip a success.

It was great to meet you. Glad you made it home.

Nice n Easy Rider

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics from Quinn and my early ride down the BRP on Thursday morning. We had gone a little way past Mt. Mitchell when i took these pics and when we decided to turn around and head north.

Looking out over the overlook:

DSC00606.jpg

Looking down the road (our intended destination):

DSC00607.jpg

Needless to say, we decided to head north to the lower elevations. This was the only "weather" that didn't cooperate.

I met two riders in a bar in Wilkes-Barre. Said they were coming from Nova Scotia. If one of them was Richard, pass along my thanks for welcoming me to this site. I'm new to riding and need the advice and support provided by a site like this. They said they would put a contact card on my bike but it must have blown off by the time I rode away in the morning. I was hoping to find a way to thank them and I think this is it.

Nice n Easy Rider
I met two riders in a bar in Wilkes-Barre. Said they were coming from Nova Scotia. If one of them was Richard, pass along my thanks for welcoming me to this site. I'm new to riding and need the advice and support provided by a site like this. They said they would put a contact card on my bike but it must have blown off by the time I rode away in the morning. I was hoping to find a way to thank them and I think this is it.

If it was in a bar it couldn't have been Richard and Barry. :D

It was great to meet you. Glad you made it home.

Likewise Jacqueline. I had met Richard at a Tech-day in Temecula, a year or two ago.

It was very nice to meet you and everyone else on this site that I only know through the Innerwebs.

Too bad about your Torrey plans. I hope to see you again soon.

If it was in a bar it couldn't have been Richard and Barry. :D

Yeah, that sounds like the pair I met. I think it was their first time in a bar. Whoever knows them, send a hello from Robert, the slightly tired noobie riding the K75 from St Louis to Connecticut last Friday.

Well, silly me ... I had such a great time I didn't take many photos, and those I did take I took at a low quality setting with my cheap little PnS camera. Doh! I did however capture a good bit of video with that same cheap little camera of my rides on Tues, Wed, and my ride home Thurs.

CLICK HERE to watch a video I put together of that Tuesday's ride with Matts_12GS, Foot (Alan), and Dan (BarelyOnBoard). Unfortunately I ddidn't catch any video of Dan as he wished to ride sweep all day.

I think this video unfortunately proves how much work I need in the riding department. Besides the numerous bad lines, what cracks me up are the curves I found myself in too high a gear, the bike rumbling as I throttle up! Oh well, the point of the video is to be entertaining and to hopefully communicate the fun we four had that day.

Please just view and do not disseminate in any way. Thank you.

BeniciaRT_GT

HOME!!! Rolled in at 17:30ish yesterday.

10,300 amazing miles and right at a month on the road!

Barry and I had a great trip after, and the Un was outstanding!

We split about 15 miles from my place so I can't check in for him...

Thanks to all the hard work to pull of such a smooth and wonderful event to all those involved in making it look that way! I'm sure it was a lot of work and many bumps along the way in order to pull of something that worked so well!

Awesome people and a great place to Un! (Yes Un can be a verb!)

BeniciaRT_GT

Robert,

Welcome to the board! That was me and I'm glad you found this place. I was at the dealer when they opened the next morning and a new rear tire was installed and I was road ready by 10:30...

See you on the road soon!

I'm back home too. Made it in at 6-ish last night but was too beat to fire up the computer and post. After 27 days together Richard and I are considering filing for domestic partner status. Sorry Jacqueline, the wedding's off.

What a great UN (my first) and I'm so glad I made it through all the miles and heat. What a fun group of crazies! I may have to do this again. Let me add my thanks to all of the people who obviously worked hard to make this UN such an enjoyable event. A special shout out to Chopped Liver!

BeniciaRT_GT

True!

However, it will be a VERY long time before a ride tale will be posted from me... I got THE wedding and then over 6000 pictures to sort though!!!

Amazing ride indeed!!!

Arrived home with Katherine at about 2:30 this afternoon after riding from Waterbury, Vermont. We spent three weeks on the road, taking the slow road home up the east coast after Little Switzerland. We hit Williamsburg VA, Annapolis MD, Beacon NY, Newport RI, Boston and finally Waterbury VT. Met a lot of interesting people, had great food and great wine. My clothes shrunk somehow, though. Time to do it all over again. The UnRally was great once again. Thanks again to all for the outstanding effort and results.

Archived