IGNORED

It did happen!

TEWKS

In grand fashion!! Thanks guys, great time!!

A few pics.

The obligatory parking lot shot.

Pictureday4438.jpg

Eric & Bob heading out for some exploration.

Pictureday4444.jpg

A real hehe road!

Pictureday4428.jpg

Ray & Barbara.

Pictureday4440.jpg

Their view.

Pictureday4441.jpg

Dinner pics!

Pictureday4454.jpg

Pictureday4450.jpg

Pictureday4452.jpg

Pictureday4453.jpg

Pictureday4449.jpg

Going North in the AM, see ya down the road! :wave:

Pictureday4436.jpg

Post 'em if you got 'em!

Pat

Lone_RT_rider

I'm home! David and I took the long way home and I hit the door at around 12:20 PM. As expected, the temps crept back up the minute we dropped down into the foothills. We left the Pisgah Inn at around 75 degrees F and I pulled into the garage at 95 F. It still beats the 108 F on Monday night when I left work, headed for the UN.

This UN was just incredible. Even though we had a few hicups (Thanks to the LSI for comping the beer night), I had great time! A huge thanks from both Matt and I to all of the people behind the scenes that made this happen. The roads, routs, BBQ, beer and ice cream all worked out well. What a great time! I can't wait for another event! :)

Shawn

I'm home! ..... What a great time! I can't wait for another event! :)

Shawn

Matt,

Congratualtions - Happy it all went so well. Can tell you how disappointed I am that I could not be there this year. I too can't wait for another event! Anytime after my daughter's wedding on 9/10/11.

Bob

Back home at lunch time after a spirited ride across and down the mountain (thanks Ken :grin:)

It was a fantastic first UN for me. Great setting, great roads (and routes) and wonderful friends. Thanks much to Shawn, Matt and the folks who worked to make this such a memorable event.

Just a couple of photos.

IMG_0107%20-%20Version%202.jpg

If only they could have done something about the view...

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Our fearless leaders.

IMG_0097.jpg

Mmmmm. Brownies.

David

Dang, looks like I totally missed some of the best part!

REALLY wish I could have stayed longer, but I'm glad to have been there if only for a day :)

Thanks to Matt and Shawn and everyone else who helped to make this such a great UNevent :clap:

Back in the garage by 4:30. Plenty of time for Danielle to make it to class on time. Lots of cops on 81 around Wytheville.......again, but we made it through unscathed.

Shawn and Matt, thanks so much for putting in the effort to make this happen. I had a great time, and more importantly......Danielle had a blast and really enjoyed meeting everyone. I think she is hooked, and now fully understands why we spend lots of money for aftermarket seats :)

I won't be home for over a week still, but had to thank Matt, Shawn, and the rest of the UN-X volunteers for a fantastic event!.

Great seeing old friends and making new friends. hope too see all again soon!!!

Again, Great Job!!!

Paul Mihalka

Back at home at around 6.30. Great ride accompanied by Angel. I81 at one spot was more stop than go, so we got off and found some other roads. Matt and Shawn and all the volunteers, big thanks for a great event!

Adding my thanks to Shaun, and the whole UN team. This was my first UN Rallye and it was more and better than I imagined.

Of course the roads and setting were fantastic, but the Inn, the food, the views, and the "gemutlichkeit" were also great.

It was my first UN and I look forward to more great times and new friends in the future.

Will post a few pics tomorrow.

This UN was just incredible. Even though we had a few hicups (Thanks to the LSI for comping the beer night), I had great time! A huge thanks from both Matt and I to all of the people behind the scenes that made this happen. The roads, routs, BBQ, beer and ice cream all worked out well. What a great time! I can't wait for another event! :)

Shawn

Back in the barn about 930.

Thanks to you too, Shawn.

This was a great event and it was very rewarding to share "our" mountains with so many of you.

Thanks for coming along!

It was great seeing everyone and I look forward to seeing you all at future events.

Here are a few pics.

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

Home at 8:00 after 550 mostly-backroad miles.

What a great time this past week was! Great to see so many people I don't get to see very often.

I'll post pics when I finally get them uploaded to the computer.

Home about 8:30 pm my time... 450+ miles; 12 hrs +\-

Had a great day leading Foot through the twisties (musta been doing something right, 'cause everytime I offered to let him get in front be declined!). But was glad for the company!

To my old friends... Thank you thank you thank you for the warm welcome, big hugs and soothing my very chafed soul!

To the new friends I made this trip... Thank you for ignoring my ADD, introducing yourselves and making this trip even better than I had hoped!!

(And Tewks... Thanks for starting this check in thread!)

Just rolled in at 11:00. A lot of construction slow downs & a sore butt but that's ok. Great time, thanks again. :thumbsup:

Pat

terryofperry

Home safely

First Un, everyone made me feel welcome.

BIG thanks to Christopher for inviting me to room with him, could not ask for a better roomie.

Matt, Shawn, Craig and all those involved deserve my appreciation.

Great routes by Ken and what a wonderful guy, met him the Friday before the rally at the dealer and was so enthusiastic.

Met Shannon and Foot at Pisgah, they were nice enough to chat a few minutes, enjoyed that.

LesterV and his wonderful wife.

Leaving out a lot of people so thanks to all.

Terry

Nice n Easy Rider

A bit late in reporting in but Quinn and I were home by about noon yesterday. Managed to avoid the worst heat - it was only 92 when I arrived. Had a great time - saw many old friends and made some new ones.

Want to add my thanks to Matt and Shawn and all their helpers for putting on a really great time. Hope to see everyone again sometime soon. :)

Home at 11:30pm last night. Lost about 3hrs in Roanoke looking for a replacement rear tire. The Road Attack went from having plenty of tread left to being completely bald at the center in 250 miles . No way it was going to last another 600 miles. Found the only tire in the right size at a small independent shop. I took it off and they mounted a new Shinko Raven. Never heard of the brand but beggars can't be choosers.

Matt and Shawn - Great Un - Gracias!

The Road Attack went from having plenty of tread left to being completely bald at the center in 250 miles . No way it was going to last another 600 miles.

That's what happened to me on the way down Sunday morning. No way to really tell when the Road Attacks are going to give up the ghost.

Ken, those are some fabulous pics. Really captures the essence of what the UN was all about.

Here are a few more;

Ken, why are these two "spouses" smiling??

6034985711_2f90163af3_m.jpg

Why is Frank smiling??

6035545020_2b42352a45_m.jpg

Bernie; our fearless ride leader; in search of our next cup of coffee!

6035537476_43a295260b_m.jpg

Bernie, Bill Barger,and brother Frank.

6034982073_619c368762_m.jpg

Bernie and Bill Ford; you guys need (more) beer!!!

6035542404_3903696770_m.jpg

Say hello to "Little Sh&t"

6035541936_c7bb95e44d_m.jpg

Our hosts! Thanks!

6035533990_1d2eb13078_m.jpg

Home at 2 am, including a 3 hour layover at BMW of Asheville for a new seal in the final drive on Dennis' GT. And I'm currently the leader in their mileage contest :)

Glad you traveled together. Good to know it got fixed. :thumbsup:

Here's the photo taken of E.B. at the shop.

i-L4vdS3J-L.jpg

A little late, as usual, but made it home safe and sound in time for dinner, around 7. Terry and I hit the Pisgah Inn for breakfast, then I split off for 450 miles of curves through NC, SC, GA and back home, with only the last 40 miles on the slab.

Big thanks to Shawn, Matt, and all their minions...especially all their minions! It was a great event, and great to see everyone! Cheers!

Home about an hour ago. Thanks Shawn and Matt and especially Dianne's Mom for her cookies.

Great location, great riding, great views, great time.

And the rear tire held out in spite of Bernie's best efforts.

Bill

Bill and I left Ths but didn't get back to Wilmington until about 1:30 this morning. We went south from LS yesterday and got a late lunch in Smyrna after finding a few more mile of twisties. Easy run back this morning and even cool compare to the past couple weeks.

Great event- the location was about as perfect as you can get and well away from the lowland heat. The gps files and info package are bits of organizing class that set this rally above many other but the crew that attends is what makes it.

And +1 for those cookies, especially the chocolate chip ones.

In the hangar at 14:30 today, final drive is making some expensive sounding noises at 42K miles. Matt, Shaun, Ken and Craig thanks again for a great time. Great to see old friends and meet some new people.

Still on the road for another two weeks with Katherine, but we have to add our thanks to Matt and Shawn and all the others as well. It was a fantastic area to ride in and the location was ideal with warm days and cool nights. The Inn was quote nice and enjoyed the food. We and friends consumed their entire supply of Prosecco; they had to order a special case to keep up. It was all good. Thanks again for all the hard work. It was much appreciated.

Made it home at 6pm Friday with the temp at 99 as I pulled into the crescent city. Tom and I stayed an extra day and ran the SW261 route which was OUTSTANDING. Glad we stayed for that, thanks for the advice, Ken.

An excellent rally all around, thanks aren't enough for Matt, Shawn, Ken and Craig, they did an great job.

Dave

Another late entry,

Made it into the hanger at 6:15 pm

Great return day riding north on the parkway with Paul.

No traffic, great weather. Breakfast in Sparta, then back on the parkway to fancy gap where we got on 77 to north to 81. Most of the rest of the day was spent slabbing it north until we hit accident related traffic on 81. The slight detour took us away from the intended route, but we made the best of it.

I had a great time seeing old friends a making new ones.

cheers!

Got the Concurs delivered to it's new home Thursday and stayed at my daughters house.

Grandson ferried me home today by 3:00; Ahhhh, air conditioned four wheelers have their place.

Great time and thanks for putting on such a well organized event.

Maybe I have broken my falling down curse on the way to events.

Dean

Kristina and I made it home by 8:30 this evening!

Had a great ride back to where we left the van.

I think I was slowing Kris down! We went up I77 for a while and the KLR was getting bounced around by the wind that 65mph was about as fast as I could go comfortably. Her little 250 hummed along dead straight at 70mph for a couple hours with no problems! I could hear her singing all the way through the intercom!!

The smile says it all!

DSC01529.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Shawn & Matt, Thanks for a job well done once again!

Kristina really enjoyed herself dispite having to put up with all us OLD Folk!

DSC01527.jpg

Here are a few more pictures from the Un.

The Ice Cream Social was a big hit!

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Has Richard found a replacement for that troublesome GT?

Well he is smiling!

IMG_0097.jpg

Andy,

It was great watching you guys pull away on Thursday morning when she gave a bleat on the horn on that Honda. We both got quite a chuckle out of that, but she sure looked like she was having a great time riding with dad.

How old is she?

Just a quick check in - no photos yet but the SD card looks like it has lots. In St. Louis tonight and watched the Cardinals with Dad. On through KC, Denver, and up to Calgary for Eta Monday PM.

Huge thanks to Sean, Matt, and Ken for the planning, the venue and the routes. It was fantastic for me to meet a bunch of you.

Maybe next year!

Just a quick check in - no photos yet but the SD card looks like it has lots. In St. Louis tonight and watched the Cardinals with Dad. On through KC, Denver, and up to Calgary for Eta Monday PM.

Huge thanks to Sean, Matt, and Ken for the planning, the venue and the routes. It was fantastic for me to meet a bunch of you.

Maybe next year!

Glad you guys were able to catch a game! It was great to meet you and your dad!

Archived