IGNORED

Is Emily changing FL/GA travel plans?

Fubar

The Natl. Hurricane Ctr. is projecting Tropical Storm Emily to be mid-peninsula latitude Saturday. Of course, this all presumes that the storm precisely tracks as the models suggest. We all know that might not happen. As I am on the west coast, the effects will presumably be less than the east coast gets.

I was planning to leave Sat. afternoon. Looks like I might be leaving that morning or even the night before to get outside the affected area.

Depending on the speed and track of Emily, this may all be rendered moot. Or not.

The question for FL & S. GA riders is: Are you anticipating/making any changes to your plans?

Should stay easterly perhaps bringing shade and some cooling moisture but not wild winds.

You can always find a hotel if need be but I think y'all will be fine.

Will know a lot more Friday.

TomBarnhart

I had planned to leave on Saturday, but the prospect of riding through heavy rain all day made me rethink my departure. I will now leave Port St Lucie (southeast coast of FL) on Friday. Take my time getting to the BRP and camp a couple of nights before checking into Little Switzerland.

You haven't been down here very long have you?
Just since 1988. :wave:

Depending on where Emily is tracking and how fast she's moving, I'll either leave early Sat. or late afternoon. Still going, just thinking ahead. If I can dodge precip for 3 1/2 hours on day one, I will.:thumbsup:

She'll be of no concern, I suspect, come Sunday.

She may re-form but it'll be too late to be of any real consequence. And probably too far out in the Atlantic for any of us to care. Woo Hoo!

Archived