IGNORED

R1200ST is dead

YamadogR1

Did anyone else get the same BMW ad in the mail this week as I did. It highlighted the new 1200RT, K1200S, and K1200R. Nothing on the ST. Made me wonder.

Ray,

I haven't but there are around 220 ST's left in the U.S. that need to be sold, if dealers are saying they are being disconned, I think they are on crack and are guessing. why create more then you have 220 left that need to be sold smile.gif

Well my dealer over here in the UK is still ordering from the factory for 2006 and has heard nothing about production being halted. I've known my dealers for a long time and they are pretty open with me, so I have no reason to disbelieve them. Their view is that it is selling slowly in the US and stock needs to be shifted.

ShovelStrokeEd

I think they have probably made all of this year's production. They have changed the line over to make other models. Happens all the time. When it's time to gear up for next year's models, they'll go back into production.

We can only hope they learn from this.

Build an overpriced bike and it won't sell. Make it ugly and you increase the chance at failure.

beauty or ugly as they say is in the eye of the beholder, but BMW has control over the price. If the ST was closer to $15,000 with abs, heated grips and hard cases, as priced from the factory, not after a dealer has had to take a bath on it, i think it would look much prettier to many more people.

tom collins

Completely agree. I think the really devoted ones that truely love the bike (obviously) paid for it, such as myself. But the average joe. (sorry to all the joe's out there tongue.gif) they wouldnt due to it being so close to the RT with similar options to make them kinda match up.

Archived