IGNORED

NE Crew - how are you getting to the Un?

Armando

Hey folks,

8/8 is fast approaching so its time to plan the route down to NC. What is your planned route and when are you leaving? Road recommendations?

Armando

Armando,

I guess I qualify as NE. From up here I'm planning on leaving Saturday for a relaxed 3 day ride at about 400 miles per day. No Interstates. The main idea is to get away from the NE corridor and head south through central PA and WV. I'm thinking to spend the first night around Wellsboro PA and the second either in Moorefield or Snowshoe (site of the Rubber Chicken) WV. I'll pick up the BRP at Fancy Gap and take it in from there.

It's hard to go wrong with any route in WV.

Tom

Hey Tom

I was thinking you would have a couple suggestions. I am planning on leaving on Sunday morning. Not sure if I will hit the BRP on the way down or on way back. Either way, I will see you there. I will plan on packing for some martinis. Still enjoying those right?

Armando, not sure of our route yet but I believe we have three or four in our group leaving on Saturday. More than welcome to join us if you could leave on Sat.

Most likely we will hammer down I 81 (at the posted speed limit of course) to the BRP on Sat & then slow it down a bit on Sun. Then again, WV sounds very tempting! :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey Pat,

Is this the K1600GT test group ride? ;) Don't know if I can leave Sat yet but it is a possibility. I had a great time riding through WV 3-4 years ago. TomK took us through some great roads which I wouldn't mind doing again. Then hit the BRP on the way back home.

Anyway, let me sort things out on the home front and I will let you know.

Armando

Hey Pat,

Is this the K1600GT test group ride?

Yes, now taking applications for riders with backgrounds in mechanical & electrical engineering! :grin:

No pressure Armando, just an offer. :thumbsup:

Have to check Eric & Bobs plans but Tom, how do you feel about tag alongs? No problem at all if you prefer solo travel.

Pat

Have to check Eric & Bobs plans but Tom, how do you feel about tag alongs? No problem at all if you prefer solo travel.

Pat

Sent you a PM.

From Snowshoe, WVa, I'd recommend wandering down to scenic hwy 43 toward Bedford Va. It crosses the Blue Ridge Parkway just South of Peaks of Otter, mile marker 80 if you want to spend more time on the Parkway.

----

Lone_RT_rider
From Snowshoe, WVa, I'd recommend wandering down to scenic hwy 43 toward Bedford Va. It crosses the Blue Ridge Parkway just South of Peaks of Otter, mile marker 80 if you want to spend more time on the Parkway.

----

If for some reason you happen to come down I-64 towards I-81 to pick up the parkway near Beuna Vista, VA, make sure you take a slight diversion on to 501. You will never forget it. :)

2011-07-14-15-24-20Buena-Vista.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
George Brown
If you want a break in Bedford, the D Day museum is well worth the admission too.

If you're talking about Bedford, PA, the Flight 93 memorial is only a few minutes from there. Permanent memorial is scheduled to be dedicated 9/11/11. I don't know if it is open yet. In any event the site is worth visiting.

I'm looking forward to seeing Armando and the NE crew. FasterPill just started a new job and won't me making it.

Archived