IGNORED

Is this forum dying?

Green RT

While Whip is doing everything he can think of to bring it back, and while participation is up from when we launched the new software and policies, it's still nothing like in it's heyday when a post in Ride Tales or this Other Topics forums wouldn't even stay on the front page for a day unless it won heavy participation.  I don't have stats from back then, but at a guess I'd say participation is much less than 1/10th, probably more in the range of 1/100th of peak.  

• Like 1

Years back I organized a few group rides with the guys I work with. In the beginning it was a very popular thing. The last few rides we did together, the invite went out as usual. I was then asked by one guy, who's going? I said, did it really matter... :dontknow:  Looking back, maybe it did to him. (he doesn't ride anymore BTW) Hey, I'm a biker, I like to hang and ride with other bikers. :revit: BMWST seems to work for that! :thumbsup:

• Like 2
On 5/3/2019 at 12:20 PM, Bud said:

Seems like the reports of our demise were greatly exaggerated! :thumbsup:  

I am a proud member of Never Joined Social Media and Never Will Club.  Maybe that is because I have always been more of a JOMO than FOMO guy, but more are figuring this out all the time. Funny thing is Facebook just launched (relaunched) the group focused format to try to evolve away from the growing negatives of what became of their platform.   BMWST is a stand alone group that Facebook is trying to get back to so the pendulum seems to be swinging back to the dedicated forum format.  Power on Garth!

• Like 2
Rinkydink

I was also guilty of being sucked in to FB. Thankfully I recovered, deleted my FB account, and back in the fray.