IGNORED

bike worth

taters

wanna find out what your bikes worth? post it on ebay. i did and thought it was worth more than what i was offered. but if one thinks that ones house is worth $200,000 but you only are offered $180,000 than thats what is worth..bottom line is we over value our assets..

Yup. You got it. This is America after all. I've got a bridge I'll sell you for a cool million. Nevermind that it's a 4' long footbridge in my yard.

Actually, if you put your bike on ebay and get some offers, but you didn't sell it, your estimate may still be a little low. After all, you never really know until you commit to selling it, and it sells. Motivation is a big factor. How motivated are you to sell, and how motivated your buyer is. It's all a big crapshoot, really.

I put my old R100/7 on ebay several years ago. It sold for more than I had paid for it. Which really suprised me, because I put 40K on it, and didn't really do much beyond basic upkeep. But there were two buyers who were motivated to acquire a restoration project, and I just got lucky.

You can get as much as someone is willing to pay. I put a reserve on mine that I could live with and a couple of guys started bidding, then a guy sniped it for more than I expected. :grin:

oldironhead

Ebay prices can be very fickle.

List a bike one week, and it won't make reserve.

List it again a couple of weeks later, and you may get more than you expect.

Costs money to do that. I was offering a 04 rt with 88000miles with ohlin shocks, top case ,bill Meyer saddle, zumo 660 gps etc. Best offer was $3000. Obviously my expectations were to high. But I love the bike and since I am moving back to Nevada next year might be just as well. Should get lots of trouble free miles since I had a final drive failure and the fix cost about $4000. Good thing I bought an aftermarket warranty and they honored it. My first bike and I love the p a brakes.

Went for a 2 hour ride today and said. I am so glad it did not sell. I'll be riding around lake Tahoe and surrounding areas when I move back to Nevada next year

Archived