IGNORED

UnRally #10: concerns about heat prostration

beemerboy

Hey folks,

I'm in CO where the riding climate tends to be cool and dry in the mornings trending towards hot and dry in the afternoon. It's easy to stay hydrated and if I get too hot I usually pull off the road and sit in the shade for a while.

I have very limited experience riding in hot & humid areas so I'm concerned about making the trek east for the Un. How do you midwestern and eastern riders handle these conditions? Do you wear a particular type of undergarment(s)? For the record I'm ATGATT. Please advise.

Paul Mihalka

For underwear my favorite is LDcomfort. Underarmour also has some good stuff.

Best I found is to start early like 5am, by 3pm stop, motel or campground, and hit the swimming pool.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

We don't get a lot of humidity but, we get hot in the Sac area. Hydration, if you aren't stopping to take a leak, you aren't drinking enough.

No cotton clothing...especially undergarments.

I stand on the pegs from time to time to get some air.

The single most useful thing I have found to deal with heat and humidity is a large bandana, folded diagonally, then rolled up around some crushed ice. Cooling the blood flow to the brain has an immediate impact, and the ice lasts for about 30 minutes, followed by another 30 minutes of evaporative cooling from the water. Stop and repeat hourly, including drinking something to maintain body hydration.

Most of the Blue Ridge Parkway is high enough to be above the worst of the heat -- it's getting there that is the challenge.

The single most useful thing I have found to deal with heat and humidity is a large bandana, folded diagonally, then rolled up around some crushed ice. Cooling the blood flow to the brain has an immediate impact, and the ice lasts for about 30 minutes, followed by another 30 minutes of evaporative cooling from the water. Stop and repeat hourly, including drinking something to maintain body hydration.

Most of the Blue Ridge Parkway is high enough to be above the worst of the heat -- it's getting there that is the challenge.

Okay, thanks, this is something I'll have to factor into my trip planning. I always carry a camelback and replenish it at every gas stop. Sometimes I use a lot of water and sometimes I don't but I try to make a conscious effort to consume water on a regular basis. I can see where the ice bandanna thing could help right away.

I wear undergarments purchased through Aerostitch so that tends to help with overall comfort and general wicking away of heat. Having ridden in south TX, LA, and MS in mid May I can speak a little bit about riding in heat and humidity but we're talking about a near cross-country trek at peak summer heat levels. I just want to make sure I don't end up getting ill or worse - having an accident - from hyperthermia.

Beemerboy,

I too wear ATGATT and with each season you make some concessions to be at your best for whatever is unfolding in the weather. Here in NC it is always a delight to make the trek to the higher and cooler elevations. However that is a treat that is often a memory when heading home and the published weather temp is 97 and you know it is over 100 then on the highways and it will be 40 miles home.

What I have found for me is..

The long sleeve and long pants UA type wicking underwear as base layer is a must. Often I will remove my top shirt etc when heading out. (if I wore a short sleeve base layer and it is in the upper 90s, I will put a long sleeve one on) It seems that as you sweat the base layer does a nice job of cooling if there is some airflow next to it. I tend to wear leather year round. At temps get over 98, I make sure neck is covered and make sure face shield is closed. If the body is working to stay at 98, adding 100 degree air flow over it doesn't help a whole lot. I want enough air flowing thru the gear to evaporate sweat so it will give a refrigerator effect rather than a heating one.

Drink the evening before hand, water is best. sip continuously during the day.

And for a pleasure, dump a cup or so of water inside your gear at each stop. This actually may make you feel chilly for the first 15 minutes if there is too much airflow.

If you are worried about your gear getting wet, it will be wet anyway from the sweat.

For the bike, keep the shield low, ride with feet to the outside of pegs a little as there is more airflow there. On my K-RS, I have found that riding with feet on the rear pegs changes the airflow character so that there is a nice breeze in gear in the lower torso and crotch.

The iced bandanna is nice but a wet one is also good.

I have also found that if riding all day, a 1 pc leather suit is better than a two pc. The overall comfort is better as well as the airflow within it.

Also acclimate yourself ahead of time. Get used to being outside more. Don't use your AC in the car at all for the weeks before your come out here. If you have it at home, set it at a higher temperature.

When you are stopping to rest while traveling remember shade and water are your friends. Keep drinking enough that you still have to stop to pee every so often. Do good nutrition.

OR

If you are young and tough, screw it, put your gear on, ride fast so it won't last as long and be da man who suffered through it.

Wish I could join yall!

NCS

In addition to water in the Camelbak, you might consider adding electrolytes.

REI stocks several varieties.

I favor the Camelbak "Elixer" or the Nuun electrolyte sports drink tabs.

Both are sugar free "fizz" tablets you just drop in the Camelbak.

In addition to water in the Camelbak, you might consider adding electrolytes.

REI stocks several varieties.

I favor the Camelbak "Elixer" or the Nuun electrolyte sports drink tabs.

Both are sugar free "fizz" tablets you just drop in the Camelbak.

So, there's no issues with an aftertaste should I elect to go back to plain water?

The single most useful thing I have found to deal with heat and humidity is a large bandana, folded diagonally, then rolled up around some crushed ice. Cooling the blood flow to the brain has an immediate impact, and the ice lasts for about 30 minutes, followed by another 30 minutes of evaporative cooling from the water.

One of those phase change neck wraps ( linky or another ) work great. I use them all the time for this & other sports (like backpacking, kayaking. Get several & keep the ones not worn in a ziploc with ice & water. When one is not cooling anymore (typically last a couple/few hours - fuel stop range anyway) swap it out for one from the ziploc bag & it'll be rehydrated & cool by the time you cycle it back into rotation.

Cooling the carotids helps cool the entire body. The cystals in these things absorb a huge multiple of their own weight in water & then dry slowly cooling you off.

You can also get them at any outfitter & I've even seen them in Home Depot, etc. for construction workers.

Probably not, but it is worth the outcome if so.

I just did 5 hours of yard work, yesterday and today.

10 hours in high temp and humdididitity.

2 litres of h20 and 2 liters of Nuun both days and still feel the weariness.

My advice.

Prehydrate and try to acclimate.

Don't push when riding.

Forget the "I have to be at X by Y time".

Depart earlier, stop more frequently, hydrate during the ride and when you stop.

Use Nuun or the like.

You can order from Great Race Nutrition.

I use an evaporative cooling vest. Carry a small trash bag and at gas stops go into rest room and soak the vest by using the trash bag in the sink.

Yes, in high humidity it stays wet and drips down the pants.

So?

For me it is cooler.

If the humidity drops it works super.

YMMV

Skip caffeine. It dehydrates you.

Skip caffeine. It sucks the life oput of your system.

If you ain't peein, and peeing clear, you are not consuming enough water and other good fluids.

Drink water.

Leave early, stop early.

A swimming pool makes for a nice respite when you stop.

The wet bandana is cool, literally.

Wearing a cool max skull cap keeps a wicking effect going on in the helmet and reduces sweat reaching your helmet liner.

Frequnet stops are better than tank to tank unless you get a break from the weather or during the first leg when you're on the road early.

Wicking under garments, shirt, underwear, a must.

Like NCStepehen said, wearing pants under the mesh riding pants can help.

I'll sometimes wear mesh athletic pants under the riding gear.

I usually wear bicycle shorts with a gel pad chamois, wool socks and use AntiMonkeyButtPowder

I wear Held Steve gloves, but I have used airflow gloves in the past. They work.

Held makes some fantatic ones and Olympia makes some excellent ones too. They both have airflow and padding/protection.

Move on the bike (as you would on any long ride). Shoulder shrugs, hand stretches, back stretches, leg moves and standing will help keep blood moving and may promote cooling.

IF you do domething stupid while riding, STOP, ASAP.

Find AC/fluids and get right.

It is just a ride. There is no prize other than the safe journey and arrival.

If it takes longer so be it.

Sorry for the long ramble.

Even sorrier I start work that week and won't be there.

Best wishes.

ShovelStrokeEd

Last year, Houston to San Diego, all along 10 and 8, in August!!

Picked up a cooling vest at a local HD dealer. Best $30 I have ever spent. Soaked overnight in bath tub and refreshed in in a trash bag, like Tim said, every couple of hours. Went through about 5 liters of water from my Camelback as well. Saw 119 just outside of the AZ/CA border. Over 100 all day for 3 days and I actually had to zip up my jacket in the mornings cause it was too cool on my body. Only about 85. :)

Living in Houston, I am pretty sure hot and humid was invented here. When it is really nasty here e.g. 95+ and 85%+ humidity, I wear http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/mesh+motorcycle+jackets/fieldsheer_iceberg+cooling+vest

and I strap on a camelback full of ice. The camelback on it's own will help keep you cool. The cooling vest works great between fuel stops. Caution. If you really soak the cooling vest as described it will really soak you and your clothes....but ah it feels so good at speed.

Most fuel stop/shop and robs will let you fill up with ice for free with fuel.

Witch_Doctor

Hydrate before and during the ride. Drink water at room temp, ice water or cold water will only increase core body temperature, as your metabolism works harder to process. It will taste good, but once your core temp increases, you will dehydrate quicker. I have been riding Florida, Texas, and Louisiana for many years in full kit, and find that in high humidity climates, hot tea or coffee (Decaf) work very well at keeping core temperature regulated. For longer rides 400+ mile days, I will take extra time while stopped for gas to sit down, remove my kit and sip a cup of coffee and a bottle of water. It has always worked for me, and its been 100+ here with heat index and close to 98% humidity. I also use a Vanson Vent 4 which allows for copious amounts of airflow.

russell_bynum

I pretty much agree with tallman. Especially the part about electrolytes (nuun or similar). You can stay hydrated and still do yourself in if you don't replenish the salt and potassium that you lose when you sweat. I tend to do ice water in my camelbak and then a gatorade at rest stops, but however you do it (you can even just buy salt and potassium tablets and take those straight...it'll be cheaper than a sports drink or electrolyte tablets.) be sure you do it.

The human body is actually pretty damn good at keeping cool, but the key is hydration.

Bring lots of deodorant too. :grin:

I think I've just been insulted.

Seriously, a big "thank you" to everyone for their comments and advice. I will take this to heart and prepare accordingly. See you at the Un!

With the gear some care is needed.. Each night give it a chance to dry out as much as possible. For you.. a Good HOT shower will work. Helps keep you acclimated.

NCS

I tend to wear microfiber under mesh when it's a brazillian degrees out and I'm riding.

At stops I dump a couple ounces of water down my back to let the wicking shirt do it's thing.

I have used the banadanas, but don't like them myself. I do wet my microfiber doo rag though and that helps a good bit.

Water and NUUN or water and gatorade 50/50 in the camelback all the time. Stop early, stop often. Pee light pee right... it's all good.

Bring lots of deodorant too. :grin:

I think I've just been insulted.

Sorry Randy, but when I saw your avatar I thought is should be addressed. :rofl: I wonder how much Yukon Jack John Belushi could have fit in a Camelback?

With the gear some care is needed.. Each night give it a chance to dry out as much as possible. For you.. a Good HOT shower will work. Helps keep you acclimated.

NCS

Same here. When traveling long distance I bring along a small bottle of laundry detergent and wash my, ahem, "delicates" in the motel bathroom sink. I have two of everything and rotate said delicates so that I always arrive feeling fresh and lovely. :grin:

Alfred: are you going to the Un? If so, you owe me a bottle (and some deodorant)!

Alfred: are you going to the Un? If so, you owe me a bottle (and some deodorant)!

I'm going to try. Just remember it's a:

bozone.jpg

And there will be a test:

botesters.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yall bunch of wussies. You oughta be ashamed. Has anyone actually LOOKED at the weather in the NC mountains yet?

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNC0396

Lows of 60, highs of 78-80. Humidity in hottest part of the day will probably be maybe 40-50%. None of you will have ANY reason to leave the relative comfort of the hills for the flatlands. On the other hand I have to deal with the flatland heat every time I go riding in those mtns. which is where I always ride. But I have 80 miles of flatland heat coming back in the evenings. You won't have to deal with it.

I know, I know, you gotta GET here first. So I recommend you start out each morning around 6:30--sun's already up. By 2-3 PM you've easily got in 400 miles (or more :grin: ) . Hottest part of the day is around 4PM so check in the hotel by 3, eat dinner early, and get to bed early so you can do it again next day. before ya know it, you'll be basking in the cool mountain air. I was on Roan Mountain last week, about a 27 mile ride north of L-S. The mid-afternoon temp was 64F and chilly! Ya gonna love our mountains! :thumbsup:

Below is the view south from Roan Mtn.--the distant lopped-off mountain in center pic is Table Rock, and you'll see it about 8 miles east of you when you're at L-S.

ResizeofIMG_0167.jpg

+1

Weather in the mountains is cooler (the altitude) and you might even want that electric jacket at night or early AM if we have a cool spell. NC, especially the southern end is about as high as the Appalachians get and a good deal higher than VA, for example. But beware of critters around the BRP at night - small stuff, turkey flocks, deer, and all the way up to elk at the southern end near Cherokee. The deer congregate around stops where people ignore signs and feed them but can be found all places on the BRP.

Once there, heat will not be your problem unless you choose to leave for the flatlands. As far east as Asheville it is still reasonably cool but go much further east than that and you will hit the lower elevation heat and humidity which will be 90+/90, typically at that time of year- July and August are the worst riding months of the year in lowland parts of NC.

For traveling, the just before dawn start and early PM stop is the best insurance, aided by good gear and hydration practices. Remember that eastern humidity greatly reduces the utility of evaporative cooling gear but it still helps. For those truly concerned about their heat tolerance crossing the country, check out the Veskimo- a bike version of the type of cooling gear auto racers have used for a long time.

Yall bunch of wussies. You oughta be ashamed. Has anyone actually LOOKED at the weather in the NC mountains yet?......

Lows of 60, highs of 78-80. Humidity in hottest part of the day will probably be maybe 40-50%. None of you will have ANY reason to leave the relative comfort of the hills for the flatlands. On the other hand I have to deal with the flatland heat every time I go riding in those mtns. which is where I always ride. But I have 80 miles of flatland heat coming back in the evenings. You won't have to deal with it.

I read your reply a few times and I'm not sure if you truly understand the reason for this thread or are just trying to yank some chains. :P

Anyway, I thought the climate in and around the rally site would be very nice. My primary concern will be traversing the states in between CO and NC - something everyone else seemed to understand.

Thanks for your comments......

Yall bunch of wussies. You oughta be ashamed. Has anyone actually LOOKED at the weather in the NC mountains yet?......

I read your reply a few times and I'm not sure if you truly understand the reason for this thread or are just trying to yank some chains. :P

Anyway, I thought the climate in and around the rally site would be very nice. My primary concern will be traversing the states in between CO and NC - something everyone else seemed to understand.

Thanks for your comments......

Randy, not sure how you could have read my reply a few times and not understood what I was saying, since the 2nd half was devoted to going cross-country in the heat (the part that you did not include in your "quote" above). Maybe you didn't read that far. No problem. At any rate, I wish you a safe and cool trip from CO to NC and maybe we'll share a cool drink at LS! :wave:

(And my tongue-in-cheek comments were not directed at anyone specifically; I am an equal-opportunity chain yanker. :grin: )

They're mentioned above, but I've found that a Silver Eagle vest is a very effective means of staying cool in nasty-hot weather.

They're less effective as the level of atmospheric humidity increases, but I find that they're still helpful in sticky weather.

Yall bunch of wussies. You oughta be ashamed. Has anyone actually LOOKED at the weather in the NC mountains yet?

Duck, here comes another clue brick! We gotta get there to enjoy the mountains.

I've got 700 miles of hot, wet Florida and Georgia and South Carolina to drip thru to get there. Beemerboy has to to drag it thru Kansas or Nebraska and Arkansas or Missouri before getting to some relief in Tennessee.

I've been to heat exhaustion twice, fortunately not on the bike either time. Acclimation is the key.

Early starts help.

Drink early, like the night before and that morning. Water is your friend. Caffeine is not. Sugar is not.

If you are thirsty or hungry you are behind the curve (thirst can mask as hunger). If you pee yellow, you are behind the curve. Drink more water. When in doubt, drink more water.

Humidity slows the evaporative cooling process but it still happens. 70 mph a/c is nice, even at 95F & 85% RH.

My home a/c is set at 79F at the lowest though its about 83 in here right now. I just used the a/c in my truck for the first time this year last Thursday. Under 77F feels cold inside to this Michigan-bred boy though I can work outside all day in this FL swelterfest. Do the hot stuff when its cool, the cool stuff when its hot. Take breaks as often as you need to. Mostly edu-macation and mindset. And water. Always more water.

Ride smart, live long.

Ya gonna love our mountains!

Eyes on the prize, baby. :thumbsup:

Well after reading the reviews, talking to folks who own them and having nearly dulled my brain to a non-recoverable level once too often from heat stress of long days in hot/humid conditions - I decided to add a Veskimo to my gear set.

Won't need it in the NC mountains of course and probably not even getting there because we'll leave very early and get to higher elevations before mid day heat gets intolerable. Its the coming back that's the kicker- no way to avoid the heat unless you ride at night - which I don't mind much (my bike has enough light power to make it a no more dangerous than day) but not many riding partners do night rides.

What pushed me over the edge on the purchase was a series of shorter runs in temps over 100 last week in our high humidity. There is no easy way to prevent your body from gaining heat in such conditions except some sort of very deliberate attempts at core cooling- drinking a lot,sweating and running hotter than body temp air over you isn't going to do it. I will be interested to see if my eval of the Veskimo matches the raves I'm getting from others and will post some comments on it after UN.

The Iron Butt tech article on surviving riding in the heat is superbly written and contains factual info on what has to be accomplished to "stay cool" under various conditions-ought to be required reading for everyone who plans long miles in hot conditions.

Quick and portable electrolyte replacement that I use during runs and during the Iron Butt Rally are Sport Beans, made by Jelly Belly. I can find them in the sport shops like Dick's Sporting Goods and even WalMart.

Everything folks have written about drinking lots of water is right on the mark. Paul's recommendation of LDComfort gear is spot on. That's all I wore under my ATGATT for the IBR, wetting down the long-sleeve shirt when it got hot.

After the IBR my jacket stinks so bad (no, I haven't taken time to wash it yet) that I switched to my mesh suite for commuting... and I learned that mesh isn't for me any longer. A wet (even from sweat) shirt with air jetting up your jacket sleeves is really cool, but humid air pouring through a mesh garment doesn't cool me at all. So, as it gets hotter, button up, secure your faceshield in the down position (when not drinking from your camelbak) and buy a bag of ice to zip into your jacket if needed... and stop as often as you need :)

Have a great ride,

Kirsten

I rode for about 3 hours in extremely uncomfortable weather Sunday. Heat index above 115.........Dang. my feet felt like a freekin firecracker..Upper body was ok..

Selden said:

The single most useful thing I have found to deal with heat and humidity is a large bandana, folded diagonally, then rolled up around some crushed ice.

Very smart man..thanks ( I never use that many periods... must have heat strokeeeeee)

.......I've got 700 miles of hot, wet Florida and Georgia and South Carolina to drip thru to get there. Beemerboy has to to drag it thru Kansas or Nebraska and Arkansas or Missouri before getting to some relief in Tennessee.

Thanks, Fubar. That pretty much sums up my concerns. My trek will be close to 1500 miles one way through many states now under an intense heat advisory so, if you'll excuse the pun, it all boils down to this; how early do I start riding and how many miles can I reasonable expect to travel in a given day?

My job requires me to travel from time to time and my company's field offices aren't located in nice areas. In fact, I just got back from Morton County, Kansas (stayed at the El Rancho Motel in Elkhart), where the average daily temp wsa right at 100. The trip was a good primer for wht lies ahead but I couldn't help but wonder what I'm getting myself into with the rally trip.

I've been undertaing a series of ever-increasing long rides to get into shape. I've managed to duplicate the heat conditions but not the humidity levels I expect to see. Riding into and out of rains storms doesn't count but the resulting sauna effect provides some idea as to what it'll be like.

When attending rallies my typical daily mileage can is around 600 to 700+ miles. I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get 500 under my belt before having to call it quits each day.

Paul Mihalka

Randy,

Over the years I had the need to travel under these conditions with the bike. Normally I try to avoid interstates, but in these circumstances it is the best (or least bad) choice. I change the routine of my body clock. In the bed ready to sleep at 8pm. On the bike at 4am. Check in somewhere at 2pm. Up to my nose in the pool at 2.30pm. Gives you 10 hours of interstate ride, easy 600 miles.

Looking forward to meet you at the UN!

certainly not for everyone, but I actually travel (for short few days) very well at night. I have riding buddies that easily get up and on the road by 5am. Until noon it is pretty easy riding. So long as you started hydraded, and keep hydraded maybe stop for lunch around 11am, then finish riding by 2pm, works for them. It does not work as well for me.

For me, I start riding around 11pm. Ride until 10am. Maybe stop and take a short 40 minute power nap around 2am. The only issue I ran into was many motels do not let check in happen that early. But that allowed me to ride all night, in relative coolness, and most times less traffic. However at night you can run into more construction. Anyway for a three day ride it really worked for me. I easily covered 600 miles each "night" of riding. So assuming 1,500 miles to UN for you, leave your home around 11pm, or maybe even around 9pm that first night.

Ride until the next morning, say first day 700 miles. You sleep during the day (not as restful as normal) and leave around 9pm that night. Need a power nap or two that night, and so you only get in 600 miles. Now you have 1300 miles in. Maybe only 1,200 if your body does not adjust. But third day you have a nice daily ride, proably by then in TN with nice roads to final UN destination.

Of course this (in my opinion) only works for long distance riding on highway. If back roads are the plan then no. Just a suggestion.

So say if you were planning on leaving Saturday August 6 at say 5am. Now instead you go to bed early on Friday August 5 and leave CO around midnight. You ride until 10am Sat. morning. Sleep until 8pm Sat night, dinner, hydrate, and start riding at say 9:30pm. You ride until Sunday morning 8am. You sleep until 2pm, wake up and ride last 4 hours to UN site arriving around 8pm Sunday night at UN. Your tired and probably hot, but now you go to sleep that night and by Monday morning your back on schedule.

Once again for me, I find I can "trick" my time clock for a couple days and do this.

Bill_Walker

With all these suggestions of riding at odd hours, I just have to say...

Watch out for deer!

But maybe it's too hot for them, too.

Watch out for deer!

It's never too hot for those vermin

Take it easy and listen to your body.

Like so many have said, ride as early as you can and hydrate constantly. Stop when you need to, not when you planned to. Be prepared to adjust. We'll wait for you. Ride safe and smart. :thumbsup:

Don't forget: Its all downhill until you get to the Big Muddy. :grin:

Watch out for deer!

The deer may not be too smart but like us, they know when it's cooler and they have to eat and drink, so be careful if you ride at night or before dawn.

I have to say, when I first saw this thread I kind of chuckled at the worry over the heat, until this past Friday. Riding 40 minutes home from work in the hottest weather I ever rode in my life. As I got onto the interstate, the indicated temperature on my gauges read 110 degrees! I don't know where the humidity was but it was also very high. I actually had to put the face shield down as the air was so hot at 75 mph that it felt like I was sticking my head in a convection oven. I put the shield down and the windscreen up and was more comfortable but still REAL HOT! I doubt I could have lasted for more than 1 1/2 hours in those conditions. Here's a shot of my speedo gauge when I got home. It had "cooled down" to 109 by then.

I would get up real early but and start at sunrise, getting in as many miles as possible before lunch. After that you might have to stop hourly for at least a 15 minute break to rehydrate. The more wind on your body the more you will dehydrate so keep that in mind. It may have already been suggested but you might want to consider getting a Camelback water back pack so you can sip while you ride. Give yourself plenty of extra time.

5678.jpg.34e087b9318ea31821ac6cd136ddef3d.jpg

minijak

And now you know why those who ride in the southern/warmer climes wish the MOA would have their annual mileage contest

run from October to March.

/jak

Deer are around the Intertates in the dark but the wider cleared areas helps you see their beady eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent almost 5 hours painting the south side (outside) of a house today. Zero shade, no breeze, direct sun. Without getting too graphic, I was literally dripping sweat from head to toe. We finished before 1 pm. 92 degrees with normal humidity.

I drank a gallon of water while painting, nearly a quart before starting, and another 1/2 gallon+ after the fact. An unintended nap this afternoon was nicely refreshing after a cool shower.

I can honestly say I would rather do 10 hours riding than what I did today. But the lesson still would apply.

One recommendation made to those doing endurance sports, like LD running and cycling is to weigh yourself before and after the activity. The difference is how much water you lost. Doing this will help gauge how much water to drink.

I discovered it's easy to loose a couple of pounds net in an hour or two, even while taking in a couple of pounds (1 liter = 2.2 lbs).

Archived