IGNORED

Today while I was Lane Sharing....

skinny_tom (aka boney)

beemerman2k
Absolutely nothing remarkable occurred.

That is all.

No kidding. 60,000 miles of lane splitting in a 3 year period for me (no, not all 60K was on the white line, but a vast majority of it was as my commute was 70 miles to work and home everyday via the 405 and the 101 freeways -- 2 of LA's most congested, although it was the 5 I loathed the most), and no incidents whatsoever to report.

That was my CA experience for the most part as well......Several years of commuting by motorcycle, not hits, no runs, no errors.

I did have a FEDEX big rig try to share my lane today on the interstate here in NM, however. Child's play, when you have spent as much time in heavy traffic as I have.

beemerman2k
I'm not sharing Elaine....

Well, it doesn't really matter even if you do because...

That is all.

If a man named, "B O N E Y" didn't get excited, then Elaine must be pretty dull! :grin:

beemerman2k

:rofl:

What was that about the only difference between men and boys? If the level of humor is any indication, I suppose that saying has some merit after all. :grin:

That is all.

That's funny, same down here in So Cal.

Even though I ride like a girl, still, nothing remarkable happened. :grin:

russell_bynum

That is all.

That's funny, same down here in So Cal.

Even though I ride like a girl, still, nothing remarkable happened. :grin:

That's because at the speed you ride, that big K-bike's bow wave pushes everything out of your way. :grin:

I'm not man enough to ride like a girl.

But hope springs eternal.

Boney,

Something probably happened but I imagine you were riding with your eyes closed and missed it.

;)

That is all.

Holy Cr@p!!!! Amazed you survived!!!

You need to stop NOW before something remarkable does occur!!!!!!

Whew... Close call!!!!!

:dopeslap:

What a boring life some people lead.

When I'm lane splitting, I never fail to scratch someone's car, and break off a few rear view mirrors.

It's all just part of the usual fun.

dc

Today while I was lane-splitting...

... I hit my highbeams every time I went inbetween cars and a bunch of people moved over for me!

JT

I'm not sharing Elaine....

We have her now - I heard it on the radio the other day:

"CalTrans has Elaine Kohndoff on US 50 East of Sacramento"

That woman sure causes alot of traffic slowdowns.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

... and just to be sure that we're all on the same page, this post isn't a smug attempt at proclaiming my skills are better than anyone else's. It's just that there were a few "today while lane sharing" posts recently, and I wanted to point out that lane sharing is indeed a relatively routine thing around here. For the most part, nothing happens. You know, just in case anyone wondered.

That's because at the speed you ride, that big K-bike's bow wave pushes everything out of your way. :grin:

More than my bow wave, I think that appearance of black and white on the front of the bike has a tendency to motivate people to move aside a little. :grin:

Marty, when are you going to stop by Camarillo and say hello??? :wave: We'll be back in the house within two weeks

More than my bow wave, I think that appearance of black and white on the front of the bike has a tendency to motivate people to move aside a little. :grin:

Marty, when are you going to stop by Camarillo and say hello??? :wave: We'll be back in the house within two weeks

I'll be out there quite a bit/will give you a call. :wave:

Archived