IGNORED

Almost hit while lane splitting

upflying

My only problem with lane splitting is guys who don't do it sanely, and unfortunately, at least to me, they are in the majority. My commute doesn't really have a lot of traffic. I see guys every day going 20 mph faster than the flow which is running 70-80 and weaving between the cars like they're pylons.

No matter what anyone says here I will never believe they are under control ridding like that. The fact that they don't get taken out is shear luck. I've almost taken them out myself a few times.

Idling between stopped/slow moving cars is fine to me, but if traffic is already flowing, I don't see the need.

I think there should be some written laws governing how it's done to make it safe. This would give people guidelines and take the judgment call away from the cops on what reckless.

russell_bynum

My only problem with lane splitting is guys who don't do it sanely, and unfortunately, at least to me, they are in the majority. My commute doesn't really have a lot of traffic. I see guys every day going 20 mph faster than the flow which is running 70-80 and weaving between the cars like they're pylons.

No matter what anyone says here I will never believe they are under control ridding like that. The fact that they don't get taken out is shear luck. I've almost taken them out myself a few times.

Idling between stopped/slow moving cars is fine to me, but if traffic is already flowing, I don't see the need.

I think there should be some written laws governing how it's done to make it safe. This would give people guidelines and take the judgment call away from the cops on what reckless.

The last damn thing we need is more stupid ass laws.

I do ride with my high beams on during the day as I did not think it blinded anyone, I just want to be seen. If it really can blind a driver I will certainly stop doing so, but I am not convinced it really does blind another person during bright daylight.

"Blinding" is a bit of hyperbole. I don't literally lose all vision. But I do generally see a bright light that blocks my view of the bike, making it impossible to see distance or judge speed, both of which are pretty easy to do for a bike with low-beams. And if you stay behind me like that, your light in my peripheral vision is quite distracting and worth some action to mitigate.

High beams limit the information I can glean from paying attention by reducing it to a single fact: there's a big light somewhere behind me. You want to be seen but I'm not seeing you when you have your high beams on. You're reducing my perceptual view of you as well as eroding my goodwill towards you as a rider.

"Blinding" is a bit of hyperbole. I don't literally lose all vision. But I do generally see a bright light that blocks my view of the bike, making it impossible to see distance or judge speed, both of which are pretty easy to do for a bike with low-beams.

You are describing my vision before I had my cataracts addressed. When a bright light hit the lense, my field of vision went white. I see extremely well now, and have almost no problems with glare.

So, keep in mind that, when you drive with your brights on, you are blinding the older drivers more so than the young'uns.

Bill_Walker

If we had fewer stupid ass people, we wouldn't need so many stupid ass laws. But we do, so we do.

russell_bynum

If we had fewer stupid ass people, we wouldn't need so many stupid ass laws. But we do, so we do.

Laws can't fix stupid.

Laws can't fix stupid.

Amen!!!

Laws can't fix stupid.

Amen!!!

+1.

I think sex in the morning, whilst lane splitting, with someone who has the clap, is a bad idea.

His mind is wandering and he did follow it. Good stuff.

Archived