IGNORED

Memphis Brews, Blues & BBQ info needed

Fubar

Looking for some info on good places to spend time in Memphis. After 600 miles of two-lane, I'm gonna need a place to refuel.

1st, food. How about some serious BBQ? Hole-in-the-wall, finger-lickin' nirvana BBQ where it is all about the food.

2nd, beer. Ghost River Brewing and Bosco's in Overton Square rate well (on BeerAdvocate.com). Anyone have any personal experience?

3rd, music. A REAL blues club, not a touristy faux blues place. :Cool:

I appreciate your help feeding my addictions. :wave:

Hidy... I am a native of Memp-phus but my recent departure... call it 45 years ago has left my data a bit stale.

The Rendezvous is good, reliable, old, and still gets a lot of publicity for good reason. If a basement downtown is not your thing go to Corky's out on Poplar Ave- East Memphis. One of the best.

Interstate is getting a lot of attention these days. I cannot tell you if Leonard's is still good but it was one of the ones that put Memphis BBQ on the Map.

Regarding blues clubs and Beale street... all I can say is that growing up there- we were not allowed to go to that part of town. I hear it may be different now that it has been turned into a tourist trap.

Matts_12GS

When I left there 20 some years ago Beale Street was a tourist trap of blues clubs. Now I hear (from some locals) that area is not all that safe any more.

Caveat Emptor

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed"

My plan is to keep sucking 'til I hit bone!

Appreciate the info, all.

Archived