IGNORED

Do you know wher is this road?

Polo

Joe Frickin' Friday

ISTR an earlier K1600 video that was done in South Africa, but they drive on the left in that country - and the bike in your video is on the right side of the road, so I guess it's probably not SA.

:lurk:

Lone_RT_rider
Looks like a Buick...

I saw it in person about an hour ago. It's actually closer to a Freightliner. :S

This road is on the mountain range of Serra da Estrela in Portugal

The signs seemed definitely european, but there was a "STOP" sign, which is not th eword in Portuguese. ??

No challenge about your knowledge, just that it seems peculiar that they would use the word "STOP" and not "calço", or similar.

I guess they figure it's in the best interest of their country and safety...with tourists about, they will for.go their own unique language on this matter of "STOP".

No challenge about your knowledge, just that it seems peculiar that they would use the word "STOP" and not "calço", or similar.

Road signs are standardised across the whole of the EU, and STOP is the adopted standard. In the UK we used to use 'HALT' in the pre-EU days.

Andy

James Clark
ISTR an earlier K1600 video that was done in South Africa, but they drive on the left in that country - and the bike in your video is on the right side of the road, so I guess it's probably not SA.

:lurk:

I don't know. He seemed to spend a lot of time on the left side. Did the road snake in and out of WeeBritain?

Looks like a Buick...

I saw it in person about an hour ago. It's actually closer to a Freightliner. :S

I think Freightliner with a sleeper cab...

Definitely does not say "Fun" to me! :P

Guest Kakugo

I think most of the twisty bits were filmed on the N339 and the N232 in the Serra da Estrela, Portugal.

Most of these mountain roads in Portugal were recently built from scratch or completely rebuilt using EU funds so they are usually in great conditions. Having said that I have equal if not much better roads just a stone throw away. :thumbsup:

I think most of the twisty bits were filmed on the N339 and the N232 in the Serra da Estrela, Portugal.

Most of these mountain roads in Portugal were recently built from scratch or completely rebuilt using EU funds so they are usually in great conditions. Having said that I have equal if not much better roads just a stone throw away. :thumbsup:

And where may that be? Fill out your profile so we can learn a bit about you. This is a big happy family. Welcome.

Archived