IGNORED

Man, the Private Sector Sucks!

Mike

I stumbled late on this thread, but can offer a positive story. A few years ago, I discovered that one of the big coil springs on my garage door had broken. After spending a day (and damned near killing myself) trying to fix it myself, I called Overhead Door of Atlanta. A human being picked up the phone on the first ring. We scheduled a service visit. The service guy arrived right on time, did a beautiful job, and charged less than estimated. The garage door worked better than it had in nearly 20 years.

I called Overhead Door to express my appreciation. Again, a human being answered on the first ring, and I told her how pleased I was, and gave her the name of the tech.

Do they cover Leicestershire? I just had a quote to fix my garage door that is 80% of the cost of a new one.

Andy

russell_bynum
I stumbled late on this thread, but can offer a positive story. A few years ago, I discovered that one of the big coil springs on my garage door had broken. After spending a day (and damned near killing myself) trying to fix it myself, I called Overhead Door of Atlanta. A human being picked up the phone on the first ring. We scheduled a service visit. The service guy arrived right on time, did a beautiful job, and charged less than estimated. The garage door worked better than it had in nearly 20 years.

I called Overhead Door to express my appreciation. Again, a human being answered on the first ring, and I told her how pleased I was, and gave her the name of the tech.

I had one of those springs break a few months ago. Found some YouTube vids on how to replace. Ordered new spring. Took 10 minutes to install.

The hardest part was finding someone who would sell a spring to someone who was not a certified installer.

If it makes you feel any better (and I'm sure it won't), we have friends who recently went through a kitchen reno (obviously not quite the job you're planning). Their experience was somewhat similar -- call four people and one might respond. Actually engage someone to do a job and they're there for a few days then disappear etc. Nothing new in this I suppose, but discouraging nonetheless. What ever happened to making a commitment, then keeping it?

ghaverkamp
Do they cover Leicestershire? I just had a quote to fix my garage door that is 80% of the cost of a new one.

That seems like a great opportunity to get a new door for just over the price of a repair.

Archived