IGNORED

04 R1150 RT

xharley97

Well I have put just over 1000 mi. (due to a very wet spring here in Oregon) I keep trying to find something I do not like about this bike. I road it up to Portland last week and it is simply amazing that going 80+ it feels like you are moving much slower.

I am Starting to prep for an Ironbutt ride in August.

I have added a Rick mayer saddle,Cee Bailey Windscreen,Zumo 550,sena headset,and a passport radar detector.

New tires in July, oil change,tune up. The Bike is going to turn 18K within the next few rides.

I am so happy I can't Stand it.

I think 20 years from now it will be a classic in every way. A thoroughly competent motorcycle that does everything impeccably.

Been riding my '04 all week to work in the pouring rain (what the hell's up with the weather in Detroit lately?) and I keep getting reminded what a stable, smooth ride this bike is.

Three years ago I did a Utah trip. 5k miles in 14 days and was almost awestruck how well the bike performed.

Definitely a keeper.......

RPG

Yup I had a 04 RT and went over to a 08 KGT in So Cal and loved that too, but sold it when I moved back up to the Pacific North Wet. I just picked up ANOTHER 04 RT and as you say, it's still good! :grin:

Don't waste your time looking for something that you don't like.

I've just completed 65,000km on my 2004 R1150RT. I did 43,000km on my 2001 R1150RT before it retired early after hitting a kangaroo at 100km/hr.

My current RT is a keeper and I see no need to go to anything of a later model.

Enjoy yours!

Agree will all my fellow 04 riders. I typically check out all the new althernatives but ultimately return to the "04" and consider myself lucky.

4 spark plugs.

Helps prevent surging.

I think we got the 04 in 03 in the UK because my 03 has 4 plugs. Not sure it altogether stops the surging though. Riding on twisties all the time and keeping revs above 4,000 sure does ;)

4 spark plugs.

Helps prevent surging.

I think we got the 04 in 03 in the UK because my 03 has 4 plugs......

Oops.

Never mind :dopeslap::grin:

I keep looking for reasons to trade my '04 R/T in for something but I currently do not see anything that would be much better.

A cruise would be nice, but that's about it.

I just think what I would be offered for a trade in then "if someone offered me that bike for that money what would I do?". The answer is always to seal the deal before they change their minds.

My 4 spark R1150RT is pretty close to my perfect bike!

Yes, my 03 (build), which Western Australia insists is still an 03 "model", is the dual-plug 04 model.

It has a Corbin "comfort" seat and it is just so easy, so comfortable, so much fun to ride ...

I think the 1600GT might be more fun, but I'm not sure. :grin:

My 04 is the first bike I've owned in 25yrs,this is my fourth yr on it. While I occasionally lust for others its one of the most versatile choices out there for me. While the new RTs might perform a little better they just don't look all that sexy to me.

I once sat down and looked through a catalog showing most of the production bikes in the world looking for the ones I thought looked the best. Fourth on my list was the 2004 R1150RT and I could actually afford it! The MV Augusta, Ducati, and the Benelli not so much. Nearly 100,000 miles later I know all the warts and still love it. I have replaced the driveline once and tires about 13 times and windshield 2X and speedometer cable as well as worked on the seat and the sidestand. That is about it.

I've got an 04 like yours, only thing I haven't done is the RM saddle, but it's at the top of my list.

How's it compare to the stocker? Is it comfy over a long ride?

Thx!!

Archived