IGNORED

Pinlock visor/insert storage?

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

I have seen "visor" holders, but the pinlock visor/inserts seem very delicate, especially the inside/gasket side. How does one carry it/store it when is not installed on the helmet?

Guest Kakugo

You'll find the inserts are much, much sturdier than you'd expect. ;)

A good way to store it is to wrap it in paper towels and put it in a manila envelope. That way you'll avoid scratching, bending it too much and you'll protect the insert slots.

Paper towel is a poor choice, it will scratch and should not be used for cleaning shields for the same reason.

JMHO

Frustrated_Diver

Kitchen towel stitched closed on one and and up the side, making a long pocket. Also gives you a soft cloth to clean the shield with and can be thrown in the washer when it has removed enough bug guts.

I have one still in the package with a new visor which is why it isn't installed, but the one in the hat simply stays in the hat. They are a bit of a pain to remove/install. Why would you not just leave it in?

Witch_Doctor

I put my clear visor in my Shoei helmet bag that came with my Qwest and stow it in my top-case when riding. That way if I want to switch, or it gets dark, it easy to access and stays clean.

DaveTheAffable
I have one still in the package with a new visor which is why it isn't installed, but the one in the hat simply stays in the hat. They are a bit of a pain to remove/install. Why would you not just leave it in?

Yes, they are difficult to install and remove. I considered leading it uninstalled, to provide extra clarity to the visor in general. Although it's not too bad, now that I see it requires some fooling around with, I may just leave it installed.

I do like the soft kitchen towel idea though.

Archived