IGNORED

Torrey XXI- Check-In

hopz

Hopz and Mrs. Hopz back in the barn after an uneventful drive home. Weather not pretty but would not have been a problem on the bike. Lots of Deer on 24 to the West of Torrey and especially West of Loa. Will have to mention this in future gatherings.

Great to see you all again and hope to hear all had a good ride home.

Bob and Susie

Got home about 20 min ago. Didn't see a check in thread. It was UBER Worthy

More of our tale later on

Kaisr

Left at o dark thirty this morning but made it home safe and sound. Another amazing Torrey with good fun and friends. Some interesting weather. A big thank you to the Chuckwagon, Randy and staff for the best hospitality as always and to all the folks in Torrey including Janet and Bob for letting us invade for a few days. See everyone in the fall!

Got home at 3:30 Nice ride home with no problems or incidents

was great seeing everyone again and looking forward to Fall Torrey!!

russell_bynum

Lisa, Steven, and I just pulled into the driveway.

Over 700 miles today with just two stops...Steven did great.

Thank God for an iPhone loaded with videos...he sat and entertained himself most of the drive.

We rolled into the barn at 6:00 p.m. after stopping for dinner at Cafe Trang. Saw five (yes, 5!!!) Wayne County Sheriff SUV's in convoy on sweeper madness headed South. We both felt a little sick as we passed them rolling North, but they must have been headed to an undisclosed donut shop in Loa, because they were not interested in a couple of beemers "slightly" in excess of the speed limit. :P

Huntington Canyon was beautiful. The top section appeared to max out at 8 feet of snow. As Bob said, it was a beautiful day for a ride. :grin:

It was fun to see everyone. :wave:

Dennis Andress

Laney and I got home around 3:30 after leaving at 5:30. I lost count of the number of deer and elk we saw. See ya'll again soon!

Chased Al and Gerry to Flagstaff and then on to mom's house in Queen Creek. What is it with mothers filling their kids with food.

It was great to see everyone, looking forward to next time.

Laney and I got home around 3:30 after leaving at 5:30. I lost count of the number of deer and elk we saw. See ya'll again soon!

And don't forget those three groups of CHP motors - totaling at least 20 - on the last stretch of the 101 before home. That's almost as heart-stopping as a herd of elk!

I got to see Kathy Rayburn again after seven years, and Paul Mihalka after more than three years - now THAT'S a Torrey to remember. :clap:

Gar and I in at 8:15 after splitting traffic on the 15 from State Line to Barstow. Other than that a good ride. Only 13 deer on 12. Had a great time with old friends and new ones. Hope to see all of you at the UN.

barryNmarin

Katy and I left at 6:00am and arrived home a bit before 6:00pm so it was 13 hours and 858 miles. The only traffic we encountered were the scores of deer on 24 and lots of antelope in Nevada on HWY 50. No near misses though.

It was great seeing everyone again and it takes more than a little rain and snow to dampen the Torrey Spirit! Looking forward to Fall Torrey!

Glenn Reed
Where did everyone go???

: :cry:

We were raptured a couple days late Whip..Good luck. :grin:

So we have confirmation that bmwsporttouring is accessible from the afterlife, sweet!

Oh wait a minute, since I'm still here, that means I didn't make the cut. But I had a good ride yesterday, so I guess that'll have to do.

Home Sunday at 2:30.

Uneventful ride with Al and Wade, which is good. Nice to see you all again and to finally meet Kathy (Paper Butt)!

See you in September, 'God willing and the Creek don't rise'.

In. Neither of us felt up to pushing it, so we stopped for the night when it started raining and getting colder in the mountains. We finished the rest this morning.

It was nice to see everyone and meet some new folks.

Dennis "Ponderosa" and I got into Bakersfield last night at 9. 800 mi. in under 14 hours, not bad time.

It was so tremendously good to see all of you that could make this gathering. I hope everyone had as good a time as I did. You all made the trek worth it.

In at 1:30pm PDT, after spending the nite in Barstow. I had hopes of going the entire distance yesterday by leaving Torrey at 7:45am PDT, but Red Canyon occupied some of my time, and then traffic backed up starting in Baker and after miles of lane splitting and wind gusts, I gave up at 6:45.

I did get up on 14 for the Cedar Breaks but it was closed again. It was beautiful up there though with snow all around, unlike last year. It was nice to meet Kathy R, and see Gary and David again. I think I talked briefly with Carl too at the gas station, and I finally go to meet Bob at the Tourist office. He clued me in on the roads to take from Alpine>Torrey. Outstanding!!!

20 miles from home headed S on the 405 some strange movement caught my eye in the N bound lane and I looked closer and saw a motorcyclist and his cruiser bike doing cartwheels right behind a dump truck. The guy finally rolled to a stop and laid still on the ground. I got off at the next ramp and went to the scene and luckily all his limbs were moving and he was conscious. 3 CHiPs and 2 ambulances and a fire truck showed up. It seems the truck cut him off at the 405-118 gore point. Be careful out there.

Home safe today after a pitstop at Stateline to avoid the heat and sunday traffic. Thanks everyone for one of the best Torreys yet even with having to ride through the snow to get there. Got the usual Torrey blues as soon as I was southbound on the I15 yesterday. :cry: I'll miss you guys and gals until the next gathering. Fall Torrey is too far away. Was sooooooo good to see faces that I hadn't in years. :wave:

markgoodrich

Ahhh, home, a cool shower! Uneventful yesterday from Torrey to Artesia, NM, except for the angry deputy who followed me for a couple miles as I left Roswell, not noticing him. Pulled over, he was curt, went back to his car and barked into the mike, stood there glaring at me (80 in a 55, heavy traffic), and...handed my license and insurance back and told me to slow down. I did. Crept along at 75 all the way to Artesia 30 miles away.

This morning it was calm, 55 degrees as I left. Half an hour later in Carlsbad it was 80, very windy, and another half hour later the wind was a gale out of the west and temp hit 95. Maxed out in west Texas at 102, but then I went through an invisible barrier and the wind shifted from blowing me from the northwest to blowing me from the south, as I headed east, and temp dropped to about 84 for a couple hundred miles then back up to almost a hundred. No snow though.

Had a wonderful time.

Still on the road at Zion NP. At Bryce Canyon yesterday and earlier today. Amazing formations!! Took 14 'over the hill' Began snowing but nothing major. High 70's here at Zion. What a temperature shift! A few more days on the road. Need to check the conditions of the Sierra passes.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Arrived in Boulder, CO this afternoon. Spending tomorrow here doing odd jobs for my folks, then a couple of days to get back to Michigan. Had a nice two-day ride from Torrey to here, tried to stop a lot and catch some interesting pics. Will sort through them when I get home and post the best of the best.

lawnchairboy

I watched the snowmobiles up at cedar breaks last spring. there was a good bit of snow up there then, but I have no basis for comparison.

Now in York, Nebraska. Up here avoiding the turmoil in the sky south of me. Expect to be home Thursday. Sunny all day today! :)

Lone_RT_rider
Now in York, Nebraska. Up here avoiding the turmoil in the sky south of me. Expect to be home Thursday. Sunny all day today! :)

Kathy, you need to step it up a notch. :) I'm home as of 9:10 PM EST. Thats 37 hours and a bit over 1900 miles. Oh, I took 9 hours to sleep just west of Kansas City.

It was incredible to see everyone! More pics and ride tale updates once I get some sleep. Look for updates to my original thread.

Shawn

Kathy, you need to step it up a notch. :) I'm home as of 9:10 PM EST. Thats 37 hours and a bit over 1900 miles. Oh, I took 9 hours to sleep just west of Kansas City.

It was incredible to see everyone! More pics and ride tale updates once I get some sleep. Look for updates to my original thread.

Shawn

I am glad you are home safe and sound.

As for "stepping it up a notch" I'm doing the best I can on the Wee

I'm in Page. Yesterday I had a nice ride, no rain, all sun down 12 thru Bryce and into Springdale.

Today I took the shuttle buses to all the stops in Zion. Then down 89A to Navajo Bridges, then Page.

I skipped the north rim. I'll just settle for the south rim tomorrow.

dc

Got home this afternoon after another great Torrey.

Fantastic seeing so many faces both old and new.

Saw more law enforcement both Nevada and Utah than on any prior trip.

Experienced more rain and snow on the way out than any other trip.

Experienced more hail on the way back than any other trip. (Only two patches, but one patch was large and heavy enough to hurt as well as cause a car to go off the highway...

Only saw two deer (on UT12 and at Bob's house) and two antelope (on US50) all weekend.

All in all, an epic Torrey!!!

Left Torrey 8:00 Monday, Taking my time and taking pics in Glen Canyon, Moki Dugway and Monument Valley. Got caught in a brief sandstorm, holed up in Farmington N.M. Expect to reach Whipville Texas sometime early Wednesday. Won't be home 'till Sunday or Monday.

Torrey was, as always, awesome!

Jean and I are home about an hour ago. 6pm 5/24. 1568 going, 1410 coming. Lot of that was being lost with 2 gps helping us in Lubbock for an hour last night.

Dropped by Ducati dealer in Dallas (AMS Ducati Dallas) today and got her bike registered in her name, and picked up a new micro switch for neutral indicator. No recalls.

My grass is 2 feet tall, gonna require the bushhog, LOL.

Great Torrey, and I tried to learn more people this time.

Missed getting a picture of a lone turkey walking the access road off I-20 just outside of Abilene. We figured it was too windy to fly!

Back home after dropping off the WR450 in San Antonio. It is miserably hot and humid here. I'll take a little snow and hail anyday rather than this.

Great to see everyone who toughed it out and made it to another memorable Torrey.

471 miles from York NE to Princeton IL

Still 716 miles from my home

Might stay here tomorrow, if the weather forecast holds true

Where Richard Widmark grew up. Looks like the weather in the area might be bad for a few days. Thunderstorms everywhere. Good luck working your way home.

Um, staying put this morning in Princeton IL. Waiting to see how the morning weather goes, but I may just Eat/Read/Sleep Repeat :grin:

Joe Frickin' Friday

Leaving Boulder, CO in one hour, headed to somewhere in eastern Iowa, possibly Iowa City. Weather for today in central Nebraska looks like ass...

Raaaaaaaaaaannnn will be hangin out in Whipville for a few days.

He can't leave till Mrs Whip says so.

:thumbsup:

Les is more

I just saw Karen Knapp's post on FB that Kathy R has had a get off. Apparently someone pulled out into traffic. Kathy say's that she's okay outside of a badly damaged wrist. Knappy says help is on the way.

Jack Herbst
I just saw Karen Knapp's post on FB that Kathy R has had a get off. Apparently someone pulled out into traffic. Kathy say's that she's okay outside of a badly damaged wrist. Sounds like Knappy's on the way to help.

I am sorry to hear that. Hope she is OK and someone close is helping her.

Jack

"Badly Damaged" Sounds like a code word for broken which I hope it is not. :( . Hope only a minor sprain.

Let us know if you are in need of any more help Kathy! Plenty of friends here but, you already Know that!

Archived