IGNORED

howdy!!

bbashy

Hey fellas,

Just stopping in to introduce myself. I've been a 6 year rider of a Suzuki SV650 and am ready to upgrade to the sport touring world. Looking at the 1200 gs. This one in particular:

BMW of Denver

So my question as a beamer newbie, this a good deal? It seems to be a better one than what I've found so far from craigslist, which is surprising considering its a reputable dealer. Anything I should be wary about?

Thanks guys, looking forward to joining the pack soon--

Bash

Welcome. Thats not a terrible deal, but I would think you could do better. At least I know you could do better in this area, I just don't know what the market is like surrounding Denver.

If you are shopping around and thats the best you can find, then I guess its an easy choice. It also never hurts to scour the classifieds over on Advrider.com.

Welcome!

If the dealer is not going to budge on the price I'd check out this bike. If the seller would be willing to talk on $$ you'd be getting a newer bike with less milage for a bit more $$. :thumbsup:

Spokes

Topcase

engine guard

Pat

I saw that one on craigslist. I was turned off though by the "many extras and equipped nicely." Seemed a little rushed...

Thanks for the help guys, and for the welcomes. I'll see you on the road

so quick question, since i've never had to deal with an actual dealer before--what would be a good price to start negotiations on? 11000? or lower? or would they laugh me out the door?

so quick question, since i've never had to deal with an actual dealer before--what would be a good price to start negotiations on? 11000? or lower? or would they laugh me out the door?

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than about 10k for it. For example, my local dealer just sold a fully loaded (with all 3 bags) '09 R1200GS with 6k miles on it, with still over a year left on the factory warranty, for $12k. My other dealer routinely throws '07s and '08s w/ under 15k miles on them out the door for ~$10k.

But once again, I don't know what the market is like in Denver. If this is the first bike you've looked at, then I would hold out for a better deal. If you have been looking for a month or two and this is the best you think you can find then go for it.

Welcome Bash: Why don't you go by and look at the 08 for sale on Craigslist? Learn about the bike and meet the seller. Ask why he is selling and get the history. Might be a good first step for you. Good luck with your search.

Archived