IGNORED

Clutch cable replacement

DallasR1100RT

DallasR1100RT

So my clutch cable broke...I ordered a cable from BB...so what do I need to be weary of??

I replaced many clutch cables in the past and even just changed one on a F650...but it seems there are many things I don't know about that can bite me in the but when it comes to this RT!!!

Any comments or suggestions are really appreciated.

Mark

russell_bynum

Nothing to it...except you have to remove both side fairings if memory serves.

Be sure you set the free play correctly.

I replaced mine without pulling any plastic besides the side black triangle piece. I then disconnected it up at the handlebar, taped the new cable to the old one, and pulled it through down to where it connects to the transmission. Of course this will only work if it doesn't get hung up on something and it isn't zip tied in place somewhere along the way.

Worst case, you should just have to pull the right side plastic and maybe lift the tank an inch or two. Also.....MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE CLTUCH CABLE ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE. You don't want the new cable to glaze your clutch because it isn't adjusted properly

russell_bynum
I replaced mine without pulling any plastic besides the side black triangle piece. I then disconnected it up at the handlebar, taped the new cable to the old one, and pulled it through down to where it connects to the transmission. Of course this will only work if it doesn't get hung up on something and it isn't zip tied in place somewhere along the way.

Worst case, you should just have to pull the right side plastic and maybe lift the tank an inch or two. Also.....MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE CLTUCH CABLE ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE. You don't want the new cable to glaze your clutch because it isn't adjusted properly

My recollection is that it is zip-tied on the left side of the frame. I have in my head that you can get to it without unbolting and moving the tank, but it's been a while, so I could be mistaken.

Archived