IGNORED

Oil filter options

BamaRider

I searched this topic and got a mountain of finds, didn't help much.

I need a filter for my RT, do I have any options locally?

Paul Mihalka

The Purolator L10241 that is widely used on R11xx bikes will fit and do the job, but is longer and will stick out a bit more from the oil sump.

get on web... find beemerboneyard

order oil change kit.

use OEM filter- they are the best for your bike.

Don't forget the special oil filter wrench too.

The Purolator L10241 that is widely used on R11xx bikes will fit and do the job, but is longer and will stick out a bit more from the oil sump.

Does anyone use the Purolator or Bosch? I never have read it. Seems they go for OEM or the Mann. Just wondering. With my Kawasaki's, I always used Bosch.

Jerry in Monument

I believe you can use the AC Delco PF-53. I know those are on the shelf in our local Cecker/O'Reilly

ii tHINK I remember that some folks see using Toyota oil filers for R1000RTs.

The WIX 51348 is the filter for my 2006 Toyota Tacoma and my 2000 R1150GS. Stocked locally at my neighborhood auto parts shop.

Purolator, AC Delco, Bosch, both from Boneyard and Autozone. I've used them all.

Look for filters that will fit a 2005 (or 2006, as above) Toyota Tacoma 2.7L. Very same thing.

Do not buy Fram, they're POS.

Right, but what about for Hexheads?

I'd tell you, but I think it's more important for you to learn to learn to use the filter manufacturer's free online cross reference widget yourself.

Right, but what about for Hexheads?

I'd tell you, but I think it's more important for you to learn to learn to use the filter manufacturer's free online cross reference widget yourself.

Okey dokey.

Archived