IGNORED

Lost my Motorcycle Mojo. Will be selling my almost new R12RT

VinnyR11

I feel better after reading this thread. Now retired and able to ride anytime it changes the dynamic- specifically squeezing everything into weekends. That being said, I don't feel the drive I had a few years ago to ride every chance I got. Many of the folks I rode with have moved on and that definitely impacts the experience. I ride alone for the most part now and do so on weekdays. The difference in traffic volume is remarkable. But the "need to ride" has diminished noticeably. Maybe I need a more exciting motorcycle?

I thought it might be the bike as well, but for me it turned out to be bikes in general. For the price of my Beemer I could have a nice Duc or whatever in my "garage". I thought of switching bikes, but I know something larger is going on. YMMV ;)

I hope you stay around here and keep posting. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Your thoughts about Miatas helped me decide to buy an 04 turbo. A wonderful car.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks, and congrats on the Miata. A turbo no less.

I plan on stopping by BMWST. Too many great people to avoid.

fourteenfour

It's not the bike. I love my new R1200RT, and was hoping it would bring back some of the lost energy, but it never did. I've tried smaller bikes thinking maybe it's just too big, but no deal. It's been a long process of soul searching, but the answer I've been avoiding is the right one. I think I'm done with bikes...at least for now. Who knows, maybe I just need a year or two off.

I'll probably buy a nice used Miata, which I love driving but have never owned. It is the closest car to a motorcycle IMHO.

It's been an amazing time. Great bikes and great people. Very few things have given me more enjoyment, but life goes on.

I just had to reply having sold my RT in October and my C in March. Just picked up an 08 PRHT Real Red Miata last Saturday :P

I went through five bikes in six years looking for the answer and never could find it. I only have 30 years on bikes and maybe I will return to it.

Now, what to do with the gear

about the gear?

put your 'stich' and helmet on and go for a ride with the Miata top down.....at least everyone will have a smile...

Phil

Archived