IGNORED

New RT Owner and Site Member

FWA1200RT

I just traded my 06 Honda ST1300 for the R1200RT. As a current owner of an 02 R1150R I was familiar with the BMW boxer twin and appreciate the handling and torque when accelerating out of the twisties. The primary reason for the trade was the 100 pound savings difference between the RT and the Honda.

A couple of observations: I know the BMW's tend to be purpose built machines and sometimes skip on some of the cosmetics. That said, the rear fender almost seems unfinished. I definitely need to do something to dress that up a little.

I am a Fort Wayne, Indiana resident and have to ride a few miles to find the good twisties. Generally, Southern Ohio, West Virginia, and Tennessee. Looking forward to some runs on the new RT.

I look forward to learning more from the site as the BMW's continue to evolve.

Thanks

Doug

I just traded my 06 Honda ST1300 for the R1200RT. As a current owner of an 02 R1150R I was familiar with the BMW boxer twin and appreciate the handling and torque when accelerating out of the twisties. The primary reason for the trade was the 100 pound savings difference between the RT and the Honda.

I look forward to learning more from the site as the BMW's continue to evolve.

Thanks

Doug

Did the same thing for basically the same reason. I did a comparison of the two bike at

Www.swriding.blogspot.com (in case you want to read what I think of both bikes).

I think you will be real happy with the RT.

Tsp

2010 R1200RT

beemerman2k

Welcome indeed :thumbsup:

That's a mighty sweet bike you have there. When you get some time, how about a ride report on your impressions of the 2011 BMW R1200RT? You know BMW's and you know the ST1300, so I'd love to get your feedback on how the two bikes compare. Oh, and don't forget pictures! We love pictures around here.

Also, don't forget to complete your profile so we can learn more about you.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Archived