IGNORED

Let There Be Camping...

Matts_12GS

Matts_12GS

Ok, I talked to Gary at the hotel on my way back from the BRR and he told me that we can go ahead and start making reservations for the campers.

I forgot what he said the rate was and have emailed him back to get confirmation, but it was around state park prices.

:clap: How are they handling bathrooms, showers, etc?

None......we are just adding an extra table for dinner. WAAAAAAYYYYY on the other side of the room :rofl:

None......we are just adding an extra table for dinner. WAAAAAAYYYYY on the other side of the room :rofl:

I will relieve myself on your door. Or the new bike.

Matts_12GS

Last word was that there was going to be a room or two with the doors off for campers to use. If we sell out those last 6 rooms Gary had said he'd bring in portables for showers/bathrooms.

• 1 month later...
Do we need to register for camping or can we do that when we get there? I don't think they will run out of grass.

We ask that you register in advance as we are not planning on ordering lots of extra swag. Reservations are preferred for camping as well so that we can plan for proper sanitation and shower facilities.

There's gonna be grass?

Does one need a medical marikuana prescription to...

;)

I should have been more specific.

• 2 weeks later...

There could be a snag. They would not let me register to camp. Gal said with the cancelations they would not offer it. This would be a deal breaker for us. Stay tuned.

Lone_RT_rider
There could be a snag. They would not let me register to camp. Gal said with the cancelations they would not offer it. This would be a deal breaker for us. Stay tuned.

Ken,

Matt got this response back from the owner of the Little Switzerland Inn. According to this, you should should not have to choose between Lodging at the UN and your Senior coffee this weekend. :grin::thumbsup:

Camping will be fine like we agreed on, I think we told a guy today that there were rooms available at the Big Lynn Lodge, but we will still have one room set aside for a restroom and showers for camping. The rate will be $10 per person per night plus tax. We also just had a cancellation on a chanticleer room which has a great view. Tell the campers we are ready for them in the reservation office.
terryofperry

Registered and reserved camping at the Inn. They said so far only 2 camping, myself and I'm guessing KDeline.

Looking forward to my first Un.

Terry

I might be camping as well. It looks like my wife won't be joining me for the UN, so I might decide to spend the week camping up and down the Blue Ridge Mountains with a stop in at the UN for a few days.

I gotta look at some maps and come up with a plan first.

You can't beat $10 per night. It would be a pleasure to have you join us in the wild.

Terry

Yup. Four nights for two of us will be less then one night in a room. Gives us more days on the road.

Yup. Four nights for two of us will be less then one night in a room. Gives us more days on the road.

...and more reserves if your BMWs prove as reliable as last year!

Here's to much better fortune this year!!!!!

...and more reserves if your BMWs prove as reliable as last year!

Here's to much better fortune this year!!!!!

I should have said gives us more days in BMW shops across the country.

Man I hope not to go through that again.

This is why we must camp, saves money for the repairs we will need on the road.

• 4 weeks later...

I might be camping too :)

Finances after the IBR still haven't evened out ... geez, but could I really have spent that much on gas?!

I haven't called the hotel yet, but I'll do so. What's the best number to call? Is there someone in particular we should ask for?

THANKS!

Archived