IGNORED

2012 NorCal meets SoCal in the Middle dates

CoarsegoldKid

Hey Joe !!! (wat ya doin with da gun in your hand !!), don't forget to get that stage built, book CCR, George Thougood and the Destroyers will do, call in/out burgers and get their mobile unit up there,see if a starbucks can set up too !!!, hum, that should just about cover it , i think ????

CoarsegoldKid

Der Kaiser U funy boi. I got Arlo unplugged. Not gonna have none of that Starbutts or those mini sized beef flavored cardboard-In-'n-Out burgers. No sir. There's a lot of deer up here and we need to cul the herd. So bring your compound bow and a quiver full of sharps. We'll butcher on the spot. Victoria Secret and Hooter's have volunteered a few employees for the serve line. I hope the weather warms up.

Hello All,

This is my first time... so be gentle! Other BMWST friends have told me about this event and, so, I'm there! I'll be on my trusty (and crusty) 1996 R1100RT.

Cheers,

J

PhillyFlash

I can bring drumsticks but there's no packing drums, even on

an RT :(

Obviously, you've never ridden with Jamie Edmonds.

CoarsegoldKid

The weather forecast for this ride is looking mighty awesome. The hills will be green and dotted with colorful flowers. Oh! what fun it is to ride.

The weather forecast for this ride is looking mighty awesome. The hills will be green and dotted with colorful flowers. Oh! what fun it is to ride.

Will we still be going skinny-dipping at Millerton Lake? :rofl:

Don J :wave:

Hello All,

This is my first time... so be gentle! Other BMWST friends have told me about this event and, so, I'm there! I'll be on my trusty (and crusty) 1996 R1100RT.

Dude didn't you tell me you grew up riding UJM's on ACH? Haha, you'll be fine!

Will we still be going skinny-dipping at Millerton Lake? :rofl:

Um... yeah... You guys go ahead n do that.

I'll wait for you just up the road... Where I wont have to watch... :rofl:

Hello All,

Dude didn't you tell me you grew up riding UJM's on ACH? Haha, you'll be fine!

Ringers always enjoy giving the illusion of vulnerability! haha

Reservations not made to Oakhurst Comfort Inn :clap::clap: (the Lodge was already fully booked :cry: )

On Saturday we're either going to be on the "smell the roses" ride or me doing the dual-sport loop... dunno yet.

It's going to be awesome no matter what.

Oh, and for Joe.

Fri night dinner: out

Sat morning breakfast: in x 2

Sat evening black tie event: in x 2

--

Mikko

Getting close, Lets see, new tires, oil changed, new GPS, RADAR DETECTOR remounted to revised eyesight lines.... fueled and ............ dang, another six days till side stand up, ugggg

For a change ( and for the better) I'll not be riding alone. I'll be with Gary and than meeting his son in a Valley made of Silicon on thursday night.

GREAT offer, but no can do.

CoarsegoldKid

Over the years NorCal Meets SoCal in the Middle has grown by burnouts and wheelies if you get my drift.

This year:

35 for Friday evening Meet & Greet

8 including Juanita and myself staying in my house

9 pitching tents

51 people having breakfast together at the Fairway Cafe

51 riders and pillions participating in a pavement ride

9 riders participating in a dual sport ride with Richard

61 happy people, riders and guests participating in the Saturday Evening party

and you wonder why I ordered a portable restroom

This has become nearly half an UN.

Over the years NorCal Meets SoCal in the Middle has grown by burnouts and wheelies if you get my drift.

This year:

35 for Friday evening Meet & Greet

8 including Juanita and myself staying in my house

9 pitching tents

51 people having breakfast together at the Fairway Cafe

51 riders and pillions participating in a pavement ride

9 riders participating in a dual sport ride with Richard

61 happy people, riders and guests participating in the Saturday Evening party

and you wonder why I ordered a portable restroom

This has become nearly half an UN.

Holy Cow Joe!

Along with the port-a-poty, you may need to order a bigger yard... :rofl:

CoarsegoldKid
... you may need to order a bigger yard... :rofl:

Someone bring their checkbook and buy the house next door. Asking price 164K.

Great Job Joe!

I am counting the hours and looking forward to the ride, sights and talks with fellow riders.

See you Saturday Morning!

John

I can bring drumsticks but there's no packing drums, even on

an RT :(

Obviously, you've never ridden with Jamie Edmonds.

OK.....there's no packing MY DRUMS, even on an RT :thumbsup:

:wave:

WOW... 35 meet & greets on Friday. Me and my wife have to check-in early with Juanita to save our spot behind the coach on your living room. I will finally get back my liner jacket after couple years...

Great idea for having a new portapatty to accomodate all 35 staying on your place. Just wondering how can you accomodate 35 RT & GS on your garage :S....

DSC02256.jpg

See you soon,

Gery & Coco

CoarsegoldKid

If anyone is unsure of how to get to my house or to the Fairway Cafe let me know. There are google maps to assist at this linky . As always I suggest a detailed map of the region if you want to explore on your own.

The weather forecast is for mid-80s during the day mid-50s overnight. I tried to make it better but my request was denied.

Less than 24 hours away and I'm heading South :clap: Wednesday night in Ashland will be a beer at the Black Sheep Pub. Still trying to figure out the best/most fun route to your place.

Firefight911
Anyone up for a ride this weekend? I may be free

I'm not doing anything so I'm not available. I won't see ya there!

CoarsegoldKid

Mosquito alert. I saw one this evening. I killed it but I'm sure more will come to the funeral. SO. You might want to bring your favorite repellent.

I've loaded Joe's Route #1 into my GPS. It's 221 miles in over six hours. I'll bet we can make this route into a 9 hour Smell the Roses tour if we try :grin: Anyone interested in joining me just give me a heads up at the Fairway Cafe.

Anyone in So Cal interested in leaving Thursday early afternoon for a longer ride to Joe's than slabbing it up the 5 or 99? I'll probably hotel it Thursday night in Bakersfield. I'm in south Riverside.

Just got a chance to check out Joe's Route # 1 and found very similar on Joe's Route year '2009 which I really enjoyed. Will be riding 2-ups and like to join a group with moderate pace and leisurely ride to smell the roses.

Joe's Route # 1

JoesRoute1.jpg

Joe's Route '2009

JoesRoute2009.jpg

Can't wait. Four (4) more days to go....

Ride safe,

Gery & Coco

Hi Todd,

Did you load the map into the GPS manually or is the a way or program to translate a Google Map to a GPS format (Garmin in my case)?

I've loaded Joe's Route #1 into my GPS. It's 221 miles in over six hours. I'll bet we can make this route into a 9 hour Smell the Roses tour if we try :grin: Anyone interested in joining me just give me a heads up at the Fairway Cafe.

Anyone in So Cal interested in leaving Thursday early afternoon for a longer ride to Joe's than slabbing it up the 5 or 99? I'll probably hotel it Thursday night in Bakersfield. I'm in south Riverside.

Todd

Sue and I plan to leave Thursday afternoon and arrive at McNally's N. of Kernville by 7 or so. Probably go via ACH, Palmdale/Lancaster and over Caliente/Bodfish.

On Friday we'd like to take a circuitous route via Johnsdale to Springville to Milo to Goodale to Auckland to Squaw Valley to Piedra and Trimmer to Humpreys Station to Millerton and head up O'Neal Rd to Joe's. Looks to be about 230 miles with a few twisties...

Hope to arrive by 3-4 in the afternoon but, knowing us it will probably be 5-6.

CoarsegoldKid

Larry I hope Johnsondale to Springville is open for you. It sounds like great route. We tried it from the Springville side for the fall DV ride but it was closed due to snow. You guys are going to have a great adventure.

I can't figure out how to add an attachement of Joe's #1 route that I converted from Google Maps to Garmin speak. If you want it, eamil me and I'll send it.

Larry I hope Johnsondale to Springville is open for you. It sounds like great route. We tried it from the Springville side for the fall DV ride but it was closed due to snow. You guys are going to have a great adventure.

Thanks for the heads up.

At this point I'm gett'in mixed reports on the road conditions. I'll find out more tomorrow when I call the Kernville Forestry Department. Whatever happens we'll make a two day trip of it; may stay in the Wofford Heights area and go over the Mts. to Glennville/Posey/White River and head North. Continue with the original plan and/or meet up with the High Desert Group and go.

It'll be good no matter what we'll be riding... :grin:

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the late response. I came last year and it was spectacular. This year I talked by brother into coming too. We'll be there Friday night to stop by and say hi and for the AM ride. Then we will head back to the bay area after lunch.

Thanks for putting this all together.

It looks like the weather is going to be superb. I may have to just get on the bike Friday morning and go up there. No matter the consequences.

And then Saturday just take a casual ride into the park.

dc

Talked to Forestry Department in Kernville. CR107 to 190 out of Johnsondale is closed until Memorial Day(maybe sooner).

Although its poring rain right now, I will probably leave for Coaresgold tomorrow anyways than dress accordily for that crummy weather when I get there.

Hey in case I should happen to be in the neighborhood this weekend and riding in the area, what is the coldest temps I would expect to see Saturday or Sunday? I see the temps you just posted but are we going to see anything South of 45 degrees?

I will be there on Friday. My plan is to have coffee at the breakfast and then take a leisurely ride into the park. Have lunch. Look at the points of interest. And make a leisurely ride back to Oakhurst.

Maybe take a photo or two. But generally just look and contemplate the natural beauty of the park.

dc

CoarsegoldKid
are we going to see anything South of 45 degrees?
I doubt it.

My plan is to have coffee at the breakfast and then take a leisurely ride into the park. Have lunch. Look at the points of interest. ...generally just look and contemplate the natural beauty of the park.

dc

David another rider from LA who you met at Larry's tech day is also planning on riding into the park. His name is Bill. You two should chat about it Friday evening.

Joe

I will do that. We will also be glad to have anyone else along for the ride, to see the major scenic points. Glacier Point road and Tioga Pass road are closed.

But we can stop for all the other geographic features.

dc

Hah! Beat ya to it, nearly 500 miles down the road. And as Tank has mentioned it's a lovely shade of wet up here, that should all change tomorrow.

Talked to Forestry Department in Kernville. CR107 to 190 out of Johnsondale is closed until Memorial Day(maybe sooner).

We'll be doing a pit stop in Glenville at the store,maybe see ya there...

Archived