IGNORED

2012 NorCal meets SoCal in the Middle dates

CoarsegoldKid

Jason I'd settle for any color cause those borrowing options are few and far between. I got soooo lucky that day in Torrey. And lucky to have not received my second performance award of the week. :thumbsup:

I was hoping for more takers on the dual sport side of the day but it looks like there are few takers so far.

Howdy Joe!

A dual sport ride sounds like a good time, even if that means that I need to haul my DRZ down in the back of my truck. It just would be no fun to ride it all the way down there on the pavement. This time of year is probably too soft and wet for me to ride the Big Pig (the 1150GS) on a dirt ride. Does your DS ride leader have anything to say about the route? Lotso single track? Steep muddy trails? Or is it 100 percent hardpack gravel drives and dual track fire roads?

Then again, the road ride we did last year was one of the best days of riding I can remember. Dang, decisions, decisions . . . .

CoarsegoldKid
Does your DS ride leader have anything to say about the route? Lotso single track? Steep muddy trails? Or is it 100 percent hardpack gravel drives and dual track fire roads?

Good to hear from you Jonathan.

I'll let Rich answer that. But here is what I know.

Rich rides a 650GS and he knows what a 1200GS or similar dual sport can do so I'm sure whatever he picks your GS is game. As far as the wet goes we didn't get any where near half of what we had in rainfall last year.

Then again, the road ride we did last year was one of the best days of riding I can remember. Dang, decisions, decisions . . . .

Dang, decisions, decisions..... There's more where those came from too. I've got another one up my sleeve. :clap:

Firefight911 , 2bmwfan , and 3bmwfan will NOT be there and we will NOT be staying at the Oakhurst Lodge.

We will not arrive Friday and will not leave Sunday.

Just sayin'!

Dad, you are a dork! Yes, we're going and, YES, I'm in for lots of hugs!!!!!! Bring it folks, it's time this girl got out and got this party started!!!

Uncle Tom says it best, "Let's Moto!"

095-L.jpg

CoarsegoldKid

Jonathan here is Richards response to the dual sport route. RIDE WILL BE 120-140 MILES. IT WILL BE ALL TWO TRACK, COBBY OLD TARMAC, AND SOME REGULAR PAVED ROADS TO HOOK IT ALL TOGETHER. I FIGURED BECAUSE IT IS A BMW GROUP MOST RIDERS GOING WOULD BE ON GSs. YOU DON'T NEED A HARDCORE DUAL SPORT BIKE. THE RIDE IS PERFECT FOR GSs. ALSO, IF IT RAINS JUST BEFORE THE RIDE THEN WE NEED TO CAN THE DUAL SPORT AND RIDE THE PAVEMENT. THEREFORE THE GS IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR SURE.

Looking forward to seeing you again Miss Amelia! :wave:

Edit: I'm a definite maybe for the GS ride since I'm told I'm riding the GS. . . and my foot feels better.

ON the BMWST calendar for April 20-21 2012 for all that need extra time planing. Weather is predicted to be dry and temps around 70 degrees give or take a few.

IN for Saturday 4/21. Riding 2-up with my wife for a leisurely ride. Hope to get my camping spot behind yout coach...

;)

Gery & Coco

I'm still undecided. I am now extending my time in Cabo San Lucas. But I still want to get back in time to recover and get on the road to Kernville and probably the Blackhawk. I definitely am decided to be there, but I don't know if can make it all the way back from here. It's a long ride. And it's somewhat nice down here. And then recover enough.

dc

Great Joe! Thanks for checking for me.

I'll leave the little pig and the truck at home and bring El Cerdo Grande this time. If it rains and the dirt goes bad, I'll just tag along with whichever group will take me.

If you and Juanita don't mind, I'd like to drop a sleeping bag somewhere out of the way (but close to the beer coolers). Thanks for the guest room last year, but I'll bring a tent this time so some of those conjugal types can enjoy their privacy.

See y'all in two weeks.

Oh yeah, the details:

IN for Friday & Saturday nights and whatever happens every morning, day and night.

This is going to be a great time. Thanks Joe & Juanita!

Firefight911 , 2bmwfan , and 3bmwfan will NOT be there and we will NOT be staying at the Oakhurst Lodge.

We will not arrive Friday and will not leave Sunday.

Just sayin'!

Dad, you are a dork! Yes, we're going and, YES, I'm in for lots of hugs!!!!!! Bring it folks, it's time this girl got out and got this party started!!!

Uncle Tom says it best, "Let's Moto!"

095-L.jpg

Ohhhhhh, what a cutie!

We're all lucky that she doesn't take after Phil too much!

I can just imagine her as a moto adventure tour group leader in Antarctica some day.

Room booked at the Oakhurst Lodge.

Will be heading up with the usual suspects on The Friday Back Road Ride.

So count me in for The Friday Meet n Greet, Saturday Mourning breakfast, ride and afternoon through evening party

Next week I'll be asking for a head count for Friday and Saturday stay overs at the house, head count for Friday Meet n Greet arrivals, head count for Saturday breakfast, and a count of Saturday riders and party goers. And for Richard's sake I would like a head count for the dual sport portion that he volunteered to lead.

Roughly the weekend will go like this:

Friday evening Meet 'n Greet

Saturday breakfast at the Fairway Cafe- I will warn the cafe of the crush so get there early.

Saturday ride depart from the Fairway cafe approx 9am.

Saturday afternoon through evening party, campfire and bench racing session.

I'll send information via PMs to each rider so they know how to find the Fairway Cafe and my house.

With all that data I can plan the eats which are likely to be the same as previous years.

You guys know to purchase alcoholic drinks at the liquor store that shares the parking lot with the grocery store that only sells non-alcoholic drinks and of course any other grocery store item. It's on Yosemite Springs Parkway about 1 mile off of Hwy 41.

Don't forget to check the file with several routes in Google format. I'll be adding routes from time to time. This way riders can break off on their own for a solo experience or with just a few riders.

NorCal meets SoCa in the Middle routes

We'll be head'n that way, either Thursday or, leave with the Tehachapi group on Friday. Either way Sue and I will be there to enjoy the weekend!

CoarsegoldKid

Hey guys and gals I created a spreadsheet called NorCal Meets SoCal in the Middle Head Count in my Google documents account for participants to edit. Anyone with a link can edit the document. No log in is required. With this data I can do the voodoo that I do to assist in making this a pleasant adventure. I have taken the liberty of inserting names and expectations in the columns provided. If you see errors and omissions let me know by editing the spreadsheet document. If you are unsure of how to edit just send me a PM or respond to this post about what is incorrect or omitted and I shall honor your wishes. Thanks folks.

I have 4 newbies say they're coming, plus the usual suspects...

Looks like Friday may turn out to be quite the "Conga Line" :clap:

See ya soon

Don J :wave:

Joe

I'll show up on Saturday with Factortech and the following riders (all in for the Saturday ride): Going to make reservations next week, so don't know for sure where we are staying yet.

Barry Druschel

Jerry Spillman

Ralph Pinghera

Lynn Brown

Ken Hunter and possibly one other rider.

See you Saturday

CoarsegoldKid

Thor, for clarification does that mean IN for both Fairway Cafe breakfast and Saturday party for at least 6 people?

Thor, for clarification does that mean IN for both Fairway Cafe breakfast and Saturday party for at least 6 people?

Sorry - It means IN for the Saturday ride. OUT for Fairway. Also out for Saturday party because we have to ride to our motel sober! John (Factortech) may have other plans and he will let you know.

CoarsegoldKid

Thanks Thor, I filled in the spreadsheet for ya. I'll wait to hear from Factortech. Everyone please use the

Head count spreadsheet to help me out. No sign in or log in necessary. Some browsers don't like it I'm told. I guess I need a web registration site like the UN.

CoarsegoldKid

See ya soon

does that equal 6

Dennis Andress

Can I add two more to the list? I've been sitting on the fence for a couple of weeks, but decided to go for it. (It's not the ride, roads or the people that made me hesitate, it's leaving the new Greyhound who hasn't quite learned his manners yet...)

Anyway, Laney I are leaving the trailer at home and riding this time. We plan on meeting up in Tehachapi on Friday. I'll work on getting a room in Oakhusrt tomorrow. And, I'll check out Joe's spreadsheet too.

Dennis

Thanks Joe. Spread sheet looks OK for Sue and I. Will you be bussing people back and forth from the motel...

CoarsegoldKid
Can I add two more to the list?

Anyway, Laney I are leaving the trailer at home and riding this time. We plan on meeting up in Tehachapi on Friday. I'll work on getting a room in Oakhusrt tomorrow. And, I'll check out Joe's spreadsheet too.

Dennis

Dennis I put your names on the spreadsheet. Please fill in the remaining columns.

See ya soon

Jenny Lynn will be glad to see us.

Joe,

I'm getting a proxy server error.

I'll be there on Friday afternoon and Saturday also departing Sunday morn.

Cheers.

Joe, Spreadsheet is updated for me.

Arriving late Fri and staying at the Best Western in Oakhurst. I'll see you on Saturday.

CoarsegoldKid

I'm getting a proxy server error.

I'll be there on Friday afternoon and Saturday also departing Sunday morn.

Wade :thumbsup:

Joe, Spreadsheet is updated for me.

Arriving late Fri and staying at the Best Western in Oakhurst. I'll see you on Saturday.

2 for Jim :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CoarsegoldKid
Joe, have you pulled the large gathering permit with the county.

No but I'm going to look into ordering portable toilets Monday morning. :thumbsup:

Dennis Andress
Can I add two more to the list?

Dennis

Dennis I put your names on the spreadsheet. Please fill in the remaining columns.

Thanks Joe! I made our marks. We're in for the Meet & Greet, Breakfast, and the party. Riding too, not sure which route yet.

CoarsegoldKid

Thanks Joe! I made our marks. We're in for the Meet & Greet, Breakfast, and the party. Riding too, not sure which route yet.

You are most welcome.

I know. Decisions. Decisions. I must endure them every week. :grin:

ordering an outside portapotty !!! sounds crazy,insane, but probably 100% necessary, a potty collection dish (ha ha) to cover the cost would be cool and understandable to all, anyway i think that's a REALLY good idea (i think ????) PS what the hell those things run dollar wise ???

No but I'm going to look into ordering portable toilets Monday morning. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you were serious, I will donate to that cause over and above the usual pass the hat.

Firefight911

Sounds like you were serious, I will donate to that cause over and above the usual pass the hat.

Hey, pass the TP, would ya!!!

Cool....I'll make a deposit and/or donation :rofl:

This one's going LARGE.... :thumbsup:

Porta potties...next thing will be LIVE music.. :grin:

Better be some film goin' on there. Just sayin'.

MB>

This one's going LARGE.... :thumbsup:

Porta potties...next thing will be LIVE music.. :grin:

Better be some film goin' on there. Just sayin'.

MB>

I can bring drumsticks but there's no packing drums, even on

an RT :(

Archived