IGNORED

2012 NorCal meets SoCal in the Middle dates

CoarsegoldKid

CoarsegoldKid

ON the BMWST calendar for April 20-21 2012 for all that need extra time planing. Weather is predicted to be dry and temps around 70 degrees give or take a few.

I'll be there. As long as it is dry, and 70 or so. I'll be there.

As long as there is still a Yosemite Park there, I'll be there.

If I'm still alive, I'll be there.

As long as I don't have to ride for 5 hours before lunch, I'll be there, and ride with you.

Or, if you have a senior ride, I'll ride the senior ride. As long as I don't have to ride too far, I'll meet you for lunch.

Assuming you guys ever show up for lunch, that is.

dc

I'm getting bit antsy already. This is going to be a looong year :grin:

--

Mikko

Hey Mikko, if you ever want to head back in this direction let me know? I know we didn't get to explore to much because of my frayed clutch cable. The bike is fixed and there are a lot of dirt roads to explore in that area.

Jason.

• 10 months later...
TwoWheelWoman

I am looking forward to it. I have heard tales of the grandeur of this event and it's time I experienced it for my self. I've also see photos of happy, exhausted and maybe a little drunk riders at the end of the day. Looks like fun to me.

Drunk?? Us ?? Naw.....

Bring your sidekick from Friant. You will have fun..

Guaranteed.

BTW..Welcome to the board !!!

I'll be there. . . .

As long as there is still a Yosemite Park there, I'll be there.

. . .dc

And it just so happens Yosemite will have free admission that weekend. Acutally, the whole week (plus a few days), April 21-29, will be free there and I believe all National Parks as well.

But if you are going to go through Yosemite, please consider donating money to the Yosemite Conservancy at the gates. I'll be there on the 21st at one of the gates (not sure which) collecting money for this non-profit agency whose mission is to enhance the visitor experience in Yosemite. They do many things from trail restoration, wildlife management, scientific studies, major projects like the Yosemite Falls restoration, Tunnel View restoration, etc. I've worked as a volunteer for them for over 20 years now and have seen (and worked directly on) many of the enhancements to the Park.

In any case, enjoy the ride. . .

Well, I may not be there, then. I get in free anyway, any day. And so it may be too crowded what with free and all ...

No. Probably not many extra people will be there because it's free.

So that may be my Saturday ride. A ride thru' the park.

dc

CoarsegoldKid

The desert crowd upgrading to the Oakhurst Inn.

Newbies? We like newbies. Are you ready to rumble? Are you ready for some riding? I talked to Bob Inman who lead one of the groups last year. He's game to do it again. Franz and I will be set to wear a few riders out too.

MrDuck,

Do you recall what the rate was at the Blackhawk? I'm planning on bringing the Missus and she don't want to camp in Joe's yard. (No offense Joe, she just doesn't like sleeping on the ground)

Of course I'm not really sure she'd be all that pleased with the Blackhawk come to think of it... ;)

The black hawk does have coffee makers, microwave,showers and warm blankets the last time I went. I may call to see about price because I forgot. It is closer to Joes and we hang out at Joes anyway. I"m not sure if its a 15 or 20 min. difference.

CoarsegoldKid
The black hawk does have coffee makers, microwave,showers and warm blankets the last time I went. I may call to see about price because I forgot. It is closer to Joes and we hang out at Joes anyway. I"m not sure if its a 15 or 20 min. difference.

The Blackhawk is about 13 minutes away from the house on dark roads. Oakhurst is about 30 minutes away from the house in bright daylight.

Tent on the hill for me..... again

I thinking I may just sink a mailbox and leave the tent pitched there. That will really freak out Home Land Security .

MrDuck,

Do you recall what the rate was at the Blackhawk? I'm planning on bringing the Missus and she don't want to camp in Joe's yard. (No offense Joe, she just doesn't like sleeping on the ground)

Of course I'm not really sure she'd be all that pleased with the Blackhawk come to think of it... ;)

About 60 bucks a night

PM sent

Don J :wave:

Tent on the hill for me..... again

It'll be an especially good time to camp on the hill since Saturday night will be a new moon. Great night for star gazing! :thumbsup:

Bill_Walker
Two rooms booked, about $70 bucks a night,upgrading from the Blackhawk :rofl:

As your :rofl: indicates, that's not saying much. But I'd probably stay at the Blackhawk again, if only I were able to come. Location, location, location!

The Blackhawk is about 13 minutes away from the house on dark roads. Oakhurst is about 30 minutes away from the house in bright daylight.

OK, I'm convinced. Reservations made at the "World Famous" Blackhawk

CoarsegoldKid

Alright I got another local rider to lead some folks that don't want to explore on their own. His shall be the smell the roses tour.

A dual sport ride is also planned for you dirty bike riders. We received a bit of snow this past weekend. There maybe more by the middle of April so some routes that I wanted to take into the high country will have to be scrubbed. Never fear there are plenty more and the sides of your tires will see pavement they haven't seen before. :thumbsup:

Who wants to ride in my group? :grin:

The high country sounds like fun. No chance of a hot spell in the next five weeks to melt the snow?

Oh btw, your last question sounds like a challenge. I certainly can't keep up with you, but I know a certain Dutchman who can. :)

CoarsegoldKid

Oh btw, your last question sounds like a challenge. I certainly can't keep up with you, but I know a certain Dutchman who can. :)

Not a challenge. I know the Dutchman. Ask him how much fun we had. Mr. Duck knows.

CoarsegoldKid
My plans have changed, the vacation ferry granted another day of fun so I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon.

More fun for sure. You won't run out of roads.

just came off the roof after patching the comp shingles where the wind blew them off. I was overlooking the Pacific ocean to one side and to coast mountains to the east with a mantel of light snow on them. Blue sky with clouds.... Yet all I was a doing is thinking " I don't want a pickle, Just wanta ride my motorcycle

Alright I got another local rider to lead some folks that don't want to explore on their own. His shall be the smell the roses tour.

I dunno. The last smell the roses tour guide left us in the dirt. Do you have any GPS routes of the area that the true STR group can follow under my leading?

CoarsegoldKid

Todd, this gentleman is really a smell the roses kind of guy. I hand selected him for the position because I remember what you told me last year. His name is Ed and he knows the area well. I asked him to create a route of his own choosing. I'm toying with the idea of all the group riders to do the same. I'm sure any of the group leads can improvise on the spot. It changes the dynamic a bit but I do encourage riders to venture off on their own with area maps in hand. Also remember that Yosemite National Park is not charging admission that weekend. It may be "auto congested" but it's an option I never pursued due to the entrance fee.

I have such a hard time with Garmin. I can try it again. I can give you a Google map file and you can follow it or transfer the route to a Garmin file.

Thanks Joe. I don't want to sound like an ingrate. Just want riders who want to take in all the beauty. I got your google maps and will put them into my Garmin. I should be good to go with those maps.

CoarsegoldKid

Dual-Sport riders. Last year I enlisted local rider Richard to lead a dual sport group. There were only two takers. One had bike problems and luckily he was a near local so he did get home. Anyway I was wondering if there is any interest this year. Rich has scoped out a ride again for this season. If you are interested chime in.

Dual-Sport riders. Last year I enlisted local rider Richard to lead a dual sport group. There were only two takers. One had bike problems and luckily he was a near local so he did get home. Anyway I was wondering if there is any interest this year. Rich has scoped out a ride again for this season. If you are interested chime in.

Hey,

I would definitely be in for a dual sport ride. Hope we can get enough together. Maybe you can borrow a black GS again and join us as well?

Cheers,

Jason

CoarsegoldKid

Jason I'd settle for any color cause those borrowing options are few and far between. I got soooo lucky that day in Torrey. And lucky to have not received my second performance award of the week. :thumbsup:

I was hoping for more takers on the dual sport side of the day but it looks like there are few takers so far.

Joe, I rode that black GS from San Jose to Oregon yesterday for Nancy..

I need to keep a eye for a duel-sport. A great moto.

See ya in a few weeks.....

Hi Joe, The Bay Area crowd will be riding separately together. Jim is going late and Tim is unsure at this point. I will be riding with Traveler and his contingent of riders coming from North of SF.

Do you have any details (assume breakfast and the ride) regarding Saturday. Don't mean to rush things but it is hard for us Sili-goon Valley people not to be hyper.

CoarsegoldKid

Next week I'll be asking for a head count for Friday and Saturday stay overs at the house, head count for Friday Meet n Greet arrivals, head count for Saturday breakfast, and a count of Saturday riders and party goers. And for Richard's sake I would like a head count for the dual sport portion that he volunteered to lead.

Roughly the weekend will go like this:

Friday evening Meet 'n Greet

Saturday breakfast at the Fairway Cafe- I will warn the cafe of the crush so get there early.

Saturday ride depart from the Fairway cafe approx 9am.

Saturday afternoon through evening party, campfire and bench racing session.

I'll send information via PMs to each rider so they know how to find the Fairway Cafe and my house.

With all that data I can plan the eats which are likely to be the same as previous years.

You guys know to purchase alcoholic drinks at the liquor store that shares the parking lot with the grocery store that only sells non-alcoholic drinks and of course any other grocery store item. It's on Yosemite Springs Parkway about 1 mile off of Hwy 41.

Don't forget to check the file with several routes in Google format. I'll be adding routes from time to time. This way riders can break off on their own for a solo experience or with just a few riders.

NorCal meets SoCa in the Middle routes

Archived