IGNORED

Moto GP Comes to Austin, Texas

Limecreek

Yeeha! Stephen

Greg!

You need a bigger house to bunk us all in for the weekend!

Wonder if your neighbors could pull an "Isle of Mann" and rent us rooms!

Sandi got her 2 year notice about men in the house during MotoGP week. :grin:

We will be empty nesters by then, and we will be in a different house by then too, but there will be plenty of room for guests.

Cheers!

The cynic in me wonders why the owners felt the need to make a big announcement 2 years in advance. I suspect they need to attract more investors, which means they still have plenty of time to go under (see USF1). I also wonder about their arrogance in their choice of a track name.

Judging by the ever decreasing grid size in the premier class, in two years time, you can expect a demonstration lap by an aging Valentino Rossi and then you can all drive home...

Linz :)

markgoodrich

Interestingly, Schwantz is very involved in bringing MGP to Austin, and has had input on the track design.

And even more interesting, by pure coincidence that's the weekend Suzanne and I have our grand opening of our bed and breakfast/camping site. Nightly charges will be $600 per person, with no more than four to a (queen size) bed, and will include free directions to the nearby McDonald's for breakfast (price not included in lodging package), showers for $25 (strict 5-minute limit), $15/day internet access, and semi-secure motorcycle parking.

Tent camping will be a flat rate of $225/night for up to a four-person tent, port-a-potty will be available for use at $1 for number 1, $2 for number 2. A water hose will be available for $1 per minute of use for drinking or washing up, motorcycle washing strictly prohibited. Tent campers will not have access to the building premises but will be allowed to converse with any paying house guests who go outside.

All guests will get complimentary maps to the race track, for a nominal $1.95 printing fee.

Reservation requests must be accompanied with a nonrefundable deposit of one night's stay. Cash money.

Here's the story in today's Austin paper:

http://tinyurl.com/3crh5zw

I'm guessing this will be a late-season event; the University of Texas has announced its willingness to change a football date to accommodate the race weekend.

Get ur room and accommodations here..... take 25% off Mark the Grinch's price and stay at the gateway to the Texas Hill Country in beautiful Lakeway Texas, at my house. Get more fer ur money honey.

Fightingpiper

I sure hope Red McCombs puts a little more money into the facilities than he did when he was the owner of the MN Vikings. Was the worst kind of owner-Cheap. Let everything go to hell before he sold. I still get the creeps when I hear him say in his southern drawl "The Viiiikins"

Good Luck F1 with him as the financial backer.

markgoodrich
Get ur room and accommodations here..... take 25% off Mark the Grinch's price and stay at the gateway to the Texas Hill Country in beautiful Lakeway Texas, at my house. Get more fer ur money honey.

Without casting aspersions, some factual information may be useful to those of you deciding between accommodations: McKinley has no tent camping space. At all. His house is not really in Austin. It's probably an hour to the track, on a no-race day. There is no McDonald's around the corner, so breakfast may be problematic. He has very limited motorcycle parking, and I cannot vouch for whether it is semi-secure. And of course he has no hot tub ($10 per 15 minute use at my house, towels not included). My point: beware of false economies and fewer amenities. Despite the factual discrepancies in his offer, Steve is a fine fellow.

Archived