IGNORED

Rear Mirrors for 2011 RT

dwfindley

I am distressed, I can not get my big RS mirrors retro fit to the new 2011 RT. Any suggestions. I guess now I am trying to figure out the handgrip mirrors - UGH.

Good thought. But I need to see back with some clarity. My eyes are not what they used to be. What brand of stick on are you using?

Hello dwfindley,

I too am in search of mirrors that I can see more than my own hands with. I have a 2010 RT. The only ones I have found so far are from A&S BMW. They have a great website. I found it with a Google search, don't remember the exact address. Something like $240.00, a little more than I want to pay. They bolt on to the switch gear housing, I think. Good luck, please post if you find a good set.

Kelly

Afternoon dwfindley

Go look at the 2011 BMW GS mirror to switch housing parts. I have been told that with a little work the new GS mirror mounts can be made to fit the new RT’s. You are kind of on your own here as I haven’t ever personally tried it.

I'm quite pleased with the left mirror from the F800GS using the top clutch bracket from the 2010 R1200GS. Both bolt right on.

I can't figure out how to copy a link as I'm on my bride's Mac but check in Renching - Hexheads for a topic on mirrors dated 8-25-10. There are several suggestions and photos.

Bill

Steve Kolenda

I think I'm understanding what you want to do, if not please disregard. The clamps that are used to hold the clutch and front brake mechanisms can be replaced with clamps from a GS which will have the thread for the mirrors.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks exactly like the GS800 mirror I added to my 2010 from Max BMW. The mirror was part number 51 16 7 715 861 and costs $71.16 together with a clutch top clamp from a 2010 GS part number 32 72 7 673 917 and costs $30.26.

Here is a photo:

988037726_SkRKj-S.jpg

A&S's price is for both mirrors.

Bill

Well, the A&S price was $257. The mirrors are purchased as kit, including the replacement upper handbar clutch clamp and several rubber boots and silver connectors. Frankly, I only used the black clamp, black mirror connector. The visibility is pretty good. I wished for more visibility but as one person said, now I can look at something other than my glove. :D

I was at Max a couple of weeks ago when I picked up K12RS mirrors for my R1150RT-P. I asked about a similar handlebar mirror solution for the R12RT. I recall they said the controls changed on the 2010 RT. They pointed out that upper clamp with the threaded mirror connector that can be installed.

Archived